Do You Think That Any of Ash/Satoshi's Other Companions Will Ever Join Him Again?

View Poll Results: Will Any of Ash's Other Companions Ever Join Him Again?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes to All

4 8.70%
  • Yes to Some/No to Some

13 28.26%
  • No to All

18 39.13%
  • Depends on What Happens

11 23.91%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Do You Think That Any of Ash/Satoshi's Other Companions Will Ever Join Him Again?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Do You Think That Any of Ash/Satoshi's Other Companions Will Ever Join Him Again?

Seeing as its been ages since we've had the original gang in the series, do you think that Brock and Misty will return one day and travel with Ash for one final time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Droideka View Post
    As you all know, there is a lively thread on whether Misty and Brock will ever rejoin the animé. Someone there asked why there was no thread for Ash's other companions.

Here it is.

Personally, I think that they'll only join Ash again in a finale arc. Now, as for everyone else, I've no idea.

Discuss.
    Mod-note: Now that this thread is in the PL, posts that merely restate the poll options will count as pointless posts. Please state your reasoning for your choices, thank you!
    Last edited by Aestivate; 5th October 2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: merged threads, updating OP

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do You Think Brock and Misty Will Join the Gang Again Someday?

I'm pretty sure Gliscor'd made a similar thread not to long ago.

My answer is no. They'd probably appear together with Ash one day but to travel again is too unlikely.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In my opinion while unlikely original trio has some small chance of seeing light of the day again for final season or something with purpose of bringing better sense of closure to series as a whole.

Original trio of Ash,Misty and Brock is extremely popular to this day being group which started pokemon series becoming iconic and most recognizable trio in this show.Having them reunited for one last adventure would be nice way to wrap up long lasting show like pokemon ending it with group which started everything with things coming full circle bringing spirit of older days providing better finality.
    This would also provide opportunity to see writers tying up some loose ends going for them being given some character development and provide better finality.

I think this could also prove to be good business move with purpose of going beyond current target audience trying to attract more of older fans toward this show which would in end bring more viewers increasing TV ratings with final product out of it being more money.
    Many older fans which don't watch this show for one reason or another and veteran gamers could be wiling to return back to pokemon in case original trio with who thy grew up gets reunited to renew their appeal for show being nice little throwback to past and reminder to their childhood memories while providing to target audience opportunity to get know better trio with who everything began growing to like them just as much as we did.

Out of all groups only real demand from what i noticed is for original trio being reunited which is rather huge being counted in thousands so its natural to expect how this move would bring certain portion of them back to this show.

And Misty,Brock and Ash as trio could definitely deliver quality of entertainment as they already prove to be capable and liked because of it and building up on already existing friendship would bring new interesting dimension to it along with continuation of their stories being made.For a change it would be interesting to see rekindle of friendship between Ash and his previous traveling companions seeing them developed more with build up on their previous relationship serving like nice change of pace compared to rinse and repeat"Ash meets new people","become friend with them","after 4 years departs with them".

From story standpoint they also have reasons and potential to go on on more adventure as well with some things being left unanswered about Brock along with Misty never being given closure to story having untapped potential to do more with character.Since Misty goal of becoming water master requires traveling and entering some competitions(as Whirl Cup showed) with gym not being enough to learn some new things and if Brock becomes traveling doctor joining Ash to go on one last adventure advancing their goals in company of friends instead of doing it alone would make sense giving them justification behind joining cast again.

In end it depends on writers though.If they want to reunite original trio to develop them more and close down series in a way of things coming back full circle than i could see Ash,Misty and Brock being reunited once more.Otherwise most likely not,unfortunately.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 1st October 2011 at 05:33 AM.

having the old trio come back would be a very nostalgic experience. I bet many people who gave up on the anime would come back to watch it agan and that would be a very good move on the writers behalf. Although i don't think the current writers even care. the use the same *meet new person/pokemon* *find outsomething about them* *they get captured* *rescue them* *depart from them at sunrise* i think they're just going to keep bringing in new people just because they want the show to be "new" and to keep the show diferant each season. So no i doubht they would bring them back. or ecleast it's highly unlikely.

Blog Entries

I think if the anime ever ends, then they'll come back for a few episodes at the end.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They'll never be there for a full region again. Misty hasn't had a cameo since 2005 and the writers just got rid of Brock 1 year ago.

The original trio died back in 2002. Not even for a single episode has the trio ever been reunited. Its been 9 years since then, so no.

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Maybe if the show is ending as a whole, I could maybe see it. You know, the trio reunited, maybe going someplace together leaving the audience to speculate on such an open-ending. Other than that, no.

Blog Entries

Why would a Gym leader and a now most likely doctor give up their dreams to travel with Ash again?

Ash is never going to stop traveling to endless regions, Misty and Brock's lives are totally separate from him now. Friends do not always stick together.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    They'll never be there for a full region again. Misty hasn't had a cameo since 2005 and the writers just got rid of Brock 1 year ago.

The original trio died back in 2002. Not even for a single episode has the trio ever been reunited. Its been 9 years since then, so no.
    People thought we will never see Gary or Jessibelle again either in DP and yet they returned.If writers find reunion of Ash,Misty and Brock would be profitable enough and serve purpose contributing to show plot they certainly can revive this group back to life.

Also original trio was already reunited in Hoenn,so im not sure if i get what you mean.Only reason why they werent alone was due to fact of May and Max already being main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Why would a Gym leader and a now most likely doctor give up their dreams to travel with Ash again?

Ash is never going to stop traveling to endless regions, Misty and Brock's lives are totally separate from him now. Friends do not always stick together.
    Who says thy would give up their drams?They can make further steps toward their goals by joining Ash for awhile traveling in company of their friends as well.

We still dont know if Brock will become traveling doctor or settle at pokemon center and speaking of Misty,her goal was to become water pokemon master last time i checked.Main reason why she returned to gym and stayed was out of obligation and necessity not because she wanted to be gym leader.Nothing in chronicles indicated that Misty gave up on original goal of becoming water master still preferring water types,wanting to learn everything she can about them.
    Unlike Gary or Brock who decided to change their careers gym leader duties were forced upon Misty not knowing if she still wants to become best water trainer or not.

We can see how several gym leaders out there leave gym to improve themselves and learn new things which they cant at gym,like Wallace,Fantina,Cilan etc so if Misty left gym for some period of time to gather new knowledge and advance her dreams would make sense.
    If problem with gym substitute gets solved and Misty decides to leave to advance her dreams writers could just pick up from where thy stopped having her back in plausible way.

Since her ultimate goal of becoming water master requires traveling and entering some competitions with gym not being enough makes perfect sense for her to leave and advance her skills,catch new water types and gather new knowledge.
    In fact many fans say how going on quest trying to become E4 being promoted would make for a good closure to her character achieving basically her goals.Another reason why traveling is good idea.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

No.

"seasons change, people change"

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

You'd have to be pretty darn delusional to think they would.

y team

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Wasn't it already stated that Misty won't be coming back?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Wasn't it already stated that Misty won't be coming back?
    Yeah, maybe in a "series finale" type episode we'd see them again, but I would highly suspect we'd also be seeing all the other characters one last time too.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Let me tell you all a story. Once upon a time, a little boy named Ash, cursed with latent time-control powers that forced him to turn 10 every year, teamed up with a fiery red-head named Misty, also 10, and a tanned, almost-blind man who used echolocation to find things, called Brock. One day, Ash and Misty left behind Brock because he dumped them for some girl professor and went on an adventure with Tracey, king of filler. Then they all went to Johto, became as exciting as watching grass grow or paint dry, and then Misty suddenly rode home on her bicycle because she was called back. Then Ash and Brock went on better written adventures while some fans of Misty cried foul.

For ever and ever and ever and ever and ever...

Eight real-world years later, a Misty now aged about 16 (she had no latent control over time) decided to call her good friend Ash, who was still aged 10. Unfortunately for Misty, she no longer found him attractive due to the fact that she isn't a pedophile, and in sadness prepared to jump off of a diving board into some concrete when she was eaten by Soledad's out-of-control Snorlax. Meanwhile, Brock actually got into a relationship with a Nurse Joy, only for it to turn out that she was actually Kyurem in disguise, and it ate Brock.

Meanwhile, certain fans still hadn't gotten the fact that the original trio wasn't coming back.

And thus Brock and Misty never returned, because they had been eaten, and a great wailing and gnashing of teeth was heard throughout the land.

/storytime

They are not coming back. Not. Coming. Back. They will never return, and they will never travel with Ash. I doubt that by the sixth generation we'll even see Brock. And as I'm sure you all know, Misty appeared once in DP. One time. And that wasn't even her, it was a lure. For all intents and purposes, TR could've blown up the Cerulean Gym and Brock died in a wild Chansey stampede and it wouldn't impact the show at all. Because if Misty hasn't shown up since what, DP89?, then she will definitely not appear in a series that is not only foreign to Kanto, and is far enough away that a plane needs to be used, and she would not be advertising anything. So just stop it. Give up. Stop whining. Misty and Brock cannot advance their careers in a foreign country where they could play no roles, since the current trend seems to be to simply replace their roles entirely. And since I doubt any of use want two pieces of cardboard hanging around our heroes, I think we can all agree that no, they won't be coming back, and no, I doubt that they will ever travel with Ash again in the future.
    Purim and Hoopa like this.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

Brock is living his dream now, so he won't be coming back. There is no reason for him to. And I would be disappointed if they ever brought Misty back.
    Caseydia likes this.

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast