Which do you like more: comedic episodes or battle-oriented episodes? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Which do you like more: comedic episodes or battle-oriented episodes?

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which do you like more: comedic episodes or battle-oriented episodes?

Always love comedy always enjoy comedy. More comedy is ok for me, but if its repeated several times, then its no longer comedy...
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which do you like more: comedic episodes or battle-oriented episodes?

Sadly most of the "comedy" in BW have become very tired gags

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm leaning more towards battle-centric, but I do enjoy both and agree that balance is the best way to go so we never get that "too much of a good thing" feeling.

Well, the show isn't good at comedy and the battles are rarely interesting, so neither. An episode with a plot that's actually thought out combined with some humor and creative battles is ideal, but rare.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Comedic all the way for me, so long as they are actually funny. As far as battle-oriented episodes, I like the league ones the best. The standard battles can get fairly bland in large volumes.

C-3

I prefer battle-oriented episodes since I don't like comedy (I find most of it boring and annoying).

Blog Entries

Battle episodes, and not just because of how much I love battling. The BW comedy has been pretty flat compared to the first few seasons, especially when you compare the Ash/Misty repartee with Iris' DOA "What a kid!" line. This show used to do humor so well. What happened?
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

I like a mix of comedy and battling, and I don't particularly enjoy one over the other. Sometimes you can have a really epic battle and sometimes the battles can fall flat, same with the comedy and especially running gags. Brock's flirting and several gags in BW (Stephan's name, Cameron's stupidity, that one CotD that kept falling down, etc.) get old after a while. If you have the right mix then it works out perfectly in the end.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

I was always a super battle ethic person. I can deal with some comedy but there needs to be something else there that will give more of a purpose and make me get more invested in the show. BW/Da has a lot of comedy episodes, and this is why I don't like it right now.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well, when there's a Gym Battle, Contest, or League Battle, then I prefer the battle-oriented episodes.

In all other scenarios, the comedic episodes are better, IMO.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I can enjoy both. Comedy episodes can be entertaining and really funny, while the battle-orientated episodes can be engaging to watch. I'm not sure if I can choose one over the other since it depends on basically how their elements, such as the humor or the battles themselves, are handled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12