Do you find Trip/Shooti to be an interesting rival? - Page 17

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree730Likes

Thread: Do you find Trip/Shooti to be an interesting rival?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you find Shooty to be an interesting rival?

Man o Man, I can't believe they still going with Trip as main rival when they could have even better rival
    I mean, When the 1st time Ash got a Dark or Evil rival .
    Harley & Ursala both of this dark rival belong to Ash's female companion.
    They could had a rival who was a leader of a Bycle Gang & bullied a lot of weak trainer until he got defected by Ash & quit the gang in order travel so he can defect Ash someday
    Or May be they could had a rival who's not cold & dark but unfriendly & Sarcastic.
    Or they could have a sadist as Ash's main rival.
    Or they could have a girl as Ash's main Rival.
    Even through I said over & over, It's better if there is no main rival instate all rival has equal chance to be his biggest challenge in league conference.
    I mean ever since kento, all other league conference Ash lose after beating his main rival .
    It becoming too old
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 23rd November 2011 at 02:24 PM.

Since we are going to be debating this until the Miltank come home, I'll say that I do find him interesting. But that's only my view. I always liked Ash's rivals, minus Ritchie. I had always liked them better than anyone elses rivals.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 9th December 2011 at 08:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Nope and no. The only rivals that interested me are Gary and Paul.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If Ash going to lose the league like all the time then During league conference it's better Ash met 2 new trainer
    1st one is a Older rival who also a little bit of airhead but he's really Strong & he's the one who defect Ash
    The 2nd one is around Ash's age who happen to be Cold, Mysterious & favourite to win the League. He's the one who defect Trip Along with other referring character without much effort
    He also Know's about Ash's past achievement so he doesn't disrespect Ash like Paul & Trip rather he's more interested in Battling Ash
    I think it will be lot better if Ash battle new people while another trainer wipe out the referring character
    If this happen then Unova is fine
    But if it turn out that at the Unova league Ash has to struggle to beat Trip & then got Defected at the next match like other League conference then I guess Unova sucks
    And If Ash lose another full battle only to reallise that he's not at Trip's LEVEL And he need SPECIAL TRAINING to catch up to Trip then I will stop watching Pokemon until the Unova league start
    I mean it's better if Ash goes to a special place for training & come back with super evolve pokemon but I don't want the reason behind this training to be Trip because Ash should be at greater level then him

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We're now halfway into the saga and I feel like I couldn't care less about anything he brings to the show, which isn't much. He's going through the motions of every previous rival without bringing anything new or exciting to the table. I feel like he's a total dud compared to other characters and will be more or less forgotten once BW ends.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

If Cheren is brought into the show and we have a Trip vs Cheren episode, then I might think about it.

Blog Entries

We're over a year into BW now and this character bores me to the point of tears. Its not a good thing when the main rival of the saga is so uninteresting.

Just because they couldn't top Paul doesn't mean they had to create a really lousy character afterward. I mean goodness, could they think of nothing else?

Blog Entries

Trip bores me because he really isn't a rival to ash like Paul and Gary were.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you find Trip/Shooti to be an interesting rival?

Trip is worst choice as a main rival.
    Ya, Ash doesn't has his old pokemon but Trip doesn't get pokemon from the Sky. The Fact that Ash need his old pokemon to beat Trip is a Insult
    And also that fact that Ash has train harder to catch up to Trip is even more insulting.
    I mean how you feel if a Rocky trainer who just started keep beating Misty & call her a Bonie all the time.
    Basically this is the Reason I don't wanna See Trip until Unova league start.
    Because If he appear before that then writer gonna make Make Ash lose again to show him as a worthy rival.
    Since AG & DP, All I ever wanted Ash to have a Rocky rival whom Ash will advise , Inspire & Nurture .
    Like How Zoey & Drew did with Dawn & May.

Ash did get a Rocky rival but It is Ash Who turn out to be advised & Nurture by a Rocky. Totally ruining Best Wish.
    Just because A rival act coldly , Rudely & unfriendly doesn't mean He has to be the main rival & better then Ash.
    This is the same way Writer ruin AG Series. By using Ash as a Punching Bag to show how great Drew Is .
    It would have been better if Ash beat the hell out of Trip in Battle club & Find out about 7 high ranking Gym challenger who manage to get all Gym Badge within 3 month which is why they know as BIG 7 or 7 King & One by one they start to make their appearance
    I guess that way anime would be fun with 7 mysterious unknown rival who might appear any time , anywhere & any episode one by one.

Maybe it's because he hasn't shown up in a while. If he was popping up every couple of episodes and was still boring then I could understand. However, we have to also understand that Trip is not Ash's only rival. Trip doesn't make the whole show suck by himself. There are other things that help do that too. He is interesting. But Bel is more interesting, I mean out there more than he is.

Blog Entries

I just love how everybody compared Shooty to Shuu, Shigeru and Shinji, but not these two:

Ahh, I miss the old episode review thread. Good times they were.
    Cinderfella and martianmister like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries

^ Trip doesn't deserve to be compared with awesome characters. :P

I think even the writers feel Trip isn't interesting, which is why we're seeing more of Bianca than him. Not much you can do with a watered-down version of Paul anyway.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post

I think even the writers feel Trip isn't interesting, which is why we're seeing more of Bianca than him. Not much you can do with a watered-down version of Paul anyway.
    It not the fact that Trip's personality bear simularity with Paul.
    I think, The thing that Bug people the most is that Trip is a Beginner trainer who should not be experience enough to ether beat Ash or MOCK his home region .
    But Here, Writer giving Trip the authority to do it. Off course Ash-Fan's will be mad.
    I mean, Who's Trip to call people from kento Bonnie's and to judge Ash has the right to pursue his goal or Nor
    Isn't this what Come into all of your mind whenever Trip open his mouth ?
    I know , I know, Writer want People to hate Trip to the point that they become totally obsess to Best Wish only to see Trip beaten.
    After all, He did the same in Paul Case.
    However , Paul wasn't beginner & he never insult a region & its people.
    I mean, Some Trip fan Going on and on about Trip being some sort of CHILD PRODIGY .
    How ever, after all the experience Ash being though, A Child Prodigy is nothing !
    I mean, Ash being though Paul, Isn't he ?
    THE EXPERIENCE THAT ASH HAD WITH PAUL SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH A BEGINNER LIKE TRIP.
    The fact that Ash having hard time with Trip mean Ash didn't learn anything from Paul.
    So this mean that -
    1)Ash victory against Paul was a fluck
    2) Ash only won because of Infernape's Blaze.
    3) Paul took it easy on Ash & didn't use his stronger pokemon. This is why Ash won.
    Every time when Tirp get the better of Ash this THOUGHT'S come into my mind even more.
    Can you ever imagine Paul losing to Trip ? Even with new Pokemon & Torterra ?
    ''Even if Ash beat Trip in unova league, He still has to struggle to catch up to Trip & beat him in league conference''- this itself a Shameful defect !
    I wonder Writer ever read my post. I said a lot thing against them. Sometime I act like I can write better story then them !
    But then I'm not a professional writer,I can't even write a whole fanfiction !
    What Right I have to call them amateur & Pathetic- Isn't this what Writer gonna think about me ?
    Well As a Ash-fan, I feel the same when Trip call Ash a Hilbilly & Kento region as a LAND OF BONNIE'S !

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post

What are you talking about? He was acting very similar to them with a sort of stucky attitude but he is strong so atleast gets that fair poll.

Blog Entries
    martianmister and HumanDawn like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast