Do you find Trip/Shooti to be an interesting rival?

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree730Likes

Thread: Do you find Trip/Shooti to be an interesting rival?

Blog Entries

Default Do you find Trip/Shooti to be an interesting rival?

Unlike Shinji, Satoshi's latest rival is a new trainer who has either beaten or tied with Satoshi in every battle. Do you find Shooty to be an interesting rival, or are you bored of their rivalry? Please explain why or why not.
    Last edited by Musashi; 2nd September 2011 at 05:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you find Shooty to be an interesting rival?

What can I say that hasn't already been said he is overpowered and him beating Ash is terrible writing but he did nothing to piss me off other then win. He is very logical guy so I like him. His rivalry with Ash is lame but it's Ash's fault the rivalry's lack. Did I phrase anything weird?
    Midorikawa likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

They still don't have a rivalry.

Shooti's character interests me, though. I feel that their rivalry will develop furtherly once Alder makes his official appearance in one of the episodes together with Trip. We also need to learn what happened in Trip's childhood so he happened to turn out like this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its not a particularly good rivalry, and the character himself still doesn't have much going for him.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

I don't think their rivalry is any good perse, (the fact that they're STILL USING IRIS to instigate conflict = probably reeaaally bad) and Shuuti bored me to tears in the beginning, but his kuudere tendencies made me warm up to him much more. I wish the anime would play up the kuudere and the actual rivalry between Satoshi and Shuuti, and downplay "OMZGLKJDS LET'S BATTLE EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE YOU BECAUSE THAT'S BASIC." The interaction between them in the Fushide episode was actually interesting...

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

I don't reall see that much of a rivalry between them.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

While Trip is himself not a bad character (if a pallette-swap Paul at times), but there's not much a rivalry between him and Ash. Ash just likes to battle, and Iris justy instigates one between them.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

He is probably the worst rival yet, we just don't know anything about him and the English voice actor adds no personality to the character at all, But it is still early days yet so i am sure we will get a bit more back story in the future, But so far i am not very impressed.

Blog Entries

Too early in the series to declare that these two are rivals. Sooner or later they will become rivals as it has happened between Paul and Ash later in Sinnoh. I think once Trip starts to see more to Ash than what he believes to be a boonie, then he'll take Ash a bit more seriously. When it comes to Trip, he goes by the books and I have no doubts that he will base his opinions on books. Since Ash came from the so-called boonies, Trip only sees him as such. I'm waiting for when Trip comes to find that his logic with general stereotypes will leave him with what he did not see coming (Ash of course beating him epically).

Soulsilver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    They still don't have a rivalry.

Shooti's character interests me, though. I feel that their rivalry will develop furtherly once Alder makes his official appearance in one of the episodes together with Trip. We also need to learn what happened in Trip's childhood so he happened to turn out like this.
    This is how I feel. I see character depth in Trip and, and I think he'll develop over the saga, but I'm not so sure about the Ash vs. Trip rivalry. I, too, believe that if their rivalry does grow, it will be sometime after Alder makes his debut appearance in-person. I think Ash, a trainer whom Trip has beaten before, will defeat him in front of his idol and leave him feeling crushed. I think the battle in which they partook in BW034 where they tied is building up to Trip's future loss against Ash in front of the Champion. After losing to a "hick," I think Trip will take him more seriously and strive to prove himself better, thus sparking the rivalry.

Or this could not happen at all and I just need to hightail it to the Writer's Workshop.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Do you find Shooty to be an interesting rival?

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    This is how I feel. I see character depth in Trip and, and I think he'll develop over the saga, but I'm not so sure about the Ash vs. Trip rivalry. I, too, believe that if their rivalry does grow, it will be sometime after Alder makes his debut appearance in-person. I think Ash, a trainer whom Trip has beaten before, will defeat him in front of his idol and leave him feeling crushed. I think the battle in which they partook in BW034 where they tied is building up to Trip's future loss against Ash in front of the Champion. After losing to a "hick," I think Trip will take him more seriously and strive to prove himself better, thus sparking the rivalry.

Or this could not happen at all and I just need to hightail it to the Writer's Workshop.

I shall join you in the event that such a thing would happen.

It definitely will most likely spark when it is that Alder appears. The writer's would not just show a piece of Trip's background only to not have Alder ever cross Ash and Co.'s path. That was entirely foreshadowing. Yes, background gives characters depth, but a flashback has to indicate something. Your idea sounds more valid than mine where Trip beats Alder, but then Ash beats Trip (Blue beats Lance, Red beats Blue). That would be horrible to lose in front of the guy you admired and set on your journey for in the first place. I wonder if Alder will make an earlier appearance then another one when Ash is with Trip then acknowledge Ash. That could definitely frustrate Trip since he would want Alder's attention.

Soulsilver

Blog Entries

Well guys Paul was done so perfectly so of course it is going to be a let down. He didn't have a rival in Hoenn and that was not so bad was it. What they should have done is develop other antagonists and hold out on Ash until they got something that would really push Ash over the edge like a friend becoming a foe or a rival who is like Trip but not a n00b and has legionaries. You know something that will top Paul cause now everyone is underwhelmed on both sides.
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I like Shuuti. Of course people are gonna say he's not interesting coming from DP off of Shinji.

But, yeah he's okay to me. Nice cool Pokemon, interesting strategies, he met the Champ of the Isshu region, helped Mijumaru master Aqua Jet, has opened the door for a new plot for Tsutarja and Janobii and has done some things I like. And I like how he's not a straight up jerk like Shinji. It'll be difficult to make him interesting, without him coming off as smug like Shigeru or coming off as a straight up jerk like Shinji. You must view Shuuti as Shuuti the only way I think your gonna enjoy him is if you treat BW as a separate show in it's own right just like people did with DP, and AG.

Of course he has his flaws that need a little tinkering.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 24th July 2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Deleted Sentences

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    I like Shuuti. Of course people are gonna say he sucks coming from DP off of Shinji.

But, yeah he's interesting to me. Nice cool Pokemon, interesting strategies, he met the Champ of the Isshu region, helped Mijumaru master Aqua Jet, has opened the door for a new plot for Tsutarja and Janobii and has done some things I like. And I like how he's not a straight up jerk like Shinji. If your expecting way way more better a rival in Shuuti then Shinji you might as well quit watching now. Because, there's no way in heck the writers can make him interesting for "your" taste, without him coming off as smug ass like Shigeru or coming off as a straight up jerk like Shinji. You must view Shuuti as Shuuti the only way I think your gonna enjoy him is if you treat BW as a separate show in it's own right just like people should with DP, and AG.
    I kinda said the same thing before you but I don't like the "your taste" and "you might as well quit watching now" attitude it's kinda antagonizing.

Blog Entries

If you find that a user is being incredibly rude or flaming you, then please report them instead of posting about it. Cheers.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast