Did you like Misty/Kasumi's role on the show? - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you like Misty/Kasumi's role on the show?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Did you like Misty/Kasumi's role on the show?

I may be going out on a limb to say this, but sans the character dwindling down a bit during Johto and a few underused Pokemon with lots of potential, Misty wasn't really all that bad. I can even go on to say that she was one of my favorite characters at one point in time. I enjoyed Misty because of her nostalgia factor, not the Justin Beiber/Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers factor, which I'll go further into detail in the bit. I grew up with Misty on the show and if she was really detrimental to it I probably wouldn't have watched it. I rather enjoyed her tomboyish attitude in the early Kanto era and her bickering with Ash was usually interesting to see because(unlike Iris) it was usually justified.

In terms of Misty's Pokemon team I was just bedazzled by her Staryu and Starmie because I think it's pretty neat to own a pokemon and its evolved form at the same time, something that til this day has yet to be done again. I admit, I was kind of bummed out to see Misty drop her Starmie as well as her Horsea off because that was just wasted potential. If anything they both would/could have made Misty into a stronger and more adaptable battler. They at least should have been brought to Johto, especially Horsea. It would have been perfect advertising especially after seeing Brock's Crobat, but it's whatevs at this point. Hopefully we get to see a Kingdra in Misty's next cameo. In terms of Goldeen, once again, I actually found it cool that she owned a fish opposed to everyone else's land pokemon. If utilized properly, Goldeen could've been great, but I give Misty credit for using it(even seldomly) despite it's battle record.

Psyduck was and still is to this day is amazing. The only problem that Psyduck had was fucking up a lot of Misty's battles. Psyduck made Misty look good and bad at the same time because it had the most life on her team, yet it ruined Misty's potential by not letting her showcase her skill with instead letting her win by luck. That's why Corsola, Politoad, and Gyrados will go down as probably Misty's best Pokemon, with Staryu included. This is all on a battle basis, however. I enjoyed Corsola's, Poliwag's, and even Gyrados's debut episodes because they all showed Misty's determination to either become a better trainer, show some compassion for her friends, and go after something she desperately wanted. Poliwhirl was her best battler I say until it evolved and Corsola came into the picture. Gyrados is pretty bad ass I must admit, and to think Misty actually used to fear them is great development. Lol, even looking back at the Fortune Teller Episode when Gyrados was her Pokemon by her birthday, to think she got one later on is hilarious.

Azurill was nice considering that she had an interesting bond with a Marill back in Johto, which was one of the more interesting Johto episodes to me. Luvdisc was cute and so was it's debut episode, but that's about it. Dewgong is funny but I don't know where it stands on Misty's team and as for Togepi/Togetic.

I'll admit, Misty releasing Togetic was an emotional release to see, hell all of them were, but it was definitely for the best in terms of her character. Togepi was adorable but once Johto hit, it really should have evolved or something. To say it absorbed Misty's personality is too harsh so I will say it, like Psyduck, prevented Misty from doing what she did best whenever given the opportunity, interact and battle. Togepi never irratated me as much as the fucking Penguine did. I'll tell you that much. I had to lol at Dawn getting a Togekiss later on, I was like really? We can't escape this line can we?

Misty had great interactions with Sakura, Max, Rudy(Orange Islands), Ash(non-shipping standpoint), and her sisters. She also interacted nicely with the Marill in For Cryin Out Loud. Which brings me to this observation: Notice how May bonded with Swablu, Iris bonded with Deino and Misty bonded with Marill, hell even Jessie Bonded with Blissey in an episode which bought out some great development for each. I can see why Dawn never got a bonding episode though, I mean, Pachirisu's capture episode already had a lot of detail as well as Ambipom's release and with Piplup hogging up the damn screen all the time, there really was no time for one. But anyway....

Misty's biggest flaw does not come from Misty herself, but mainly her fanbase. Not trying to start a flameware with any Misty fans because at the end of the day I was one, but she does have that "Justin Beiber factor". Which is when a character has a couple of nice traits about them, but then when you hear about them all the time, where they are brought up in situations they don't need to be, and feelings are hurt unneccisarily due to a difference of opinion, to where riots start happening is just ridiculous. I like Misty and I'd be lying if I said there weren't times that I do miss the character and hope for a cameo. Hell, I wouldn't be pissed if the writers ever brought her back if they ever even decided to do that, but I'll cross that bride when and if it comes. But ultimately I have accepted the fact that she moved on to bigger and better things, she's probably the most mature main character now sans Brock and Cilan probably, and I'm ok with that.

So, overall I liked Misty. Her team could have been utilized better, but hey she's a Gym Leader now so I'm sure they are. I will go on to say that the next time we here from her I hope she is venturing out of some sort, because being a "Water Pokemon Master" can only take you so far as Gym Leader status. I go by seasons on who my favorite characters are, and I must say for Kanto and Orange Misty is definitely on the list, since Johto wasn't really good for anyone and besides Gary, everyone's character/pokemon got royally screwed at one point in time, but not totally.

Main character wise, I'd give Misty a B overall, but an A for Effort to the writers for handing a female character the way they did so early on in the franchise compared to now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    The writers should have treated her like they are treating Iris now.
    That would honestly be worse. The good thing is we got to see Iris in two tournaments already, but since there was nothing like the Don battle tournaments in the older arcs Misty had nothing to compete in.
    Yeah but if they somehow made that Whirl cup, they could have started it in the Orange Islands. That would have been the right place to do it. Not all the way in Johto where Ash was involved. It would have been better if that competition was all Misty's so that Ash could focus on his four badges while Misty could have had a rival and focused on hers. This way it would have been better than her sitting holding that egg on Lapras.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 18th April 2012 at 03:41 PM.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post
    I may be going out on a limb to say this, but sans the character dwindling down a bit during Johto and a few underused Pokemon with lots of potential, Misty wasn't really all that bad. I can even go on to say that she was one of my favorite characters at one point in time. I enjoyed Misty because of her nostalgia factor, not the Justin Beiber/Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers factor, which I'll go further into detail in the bit. I grew up with Misty on the show and if she was really detrimental to it I probably wouldn't have watched it. I rather enjoyed her tomboyish attitude in the early Kanto era and her bickering with Ash was usually interesting to see because(unlike Iris) it was usually justified.
    Agreed, Misty was in reality one of best moments about OS who always managed to inject healthy humor, charm and enjoyable interacting within group being liked because of it.

Her combination of tsundere and in some aspects kuudere type of character(cold and unfriendly later revealing more of soft side)scored huge success among pokemon fandom becoming one of most popular characters this show had. Fact that her departure caused fandom backlash with many fans even to this day wanting her back shows how people still appreciate and like this character.She was and still is great character despite some things being treated poorly in story, having unique personality, amusing pokemon(yes Psyduck im looking at you), several great battles and moments where she had starring role which made first five seasons interesting to watch .

All i can say is how Kanto, OI and Johto would be a lot less interesting without her around being important part of pokemon series leaving big impact , and contributing a lot to Ash growth as trainer along with Brock being like his mentor and coach. While also serving as push forward bringing moral support.

I admit, I was kind of bummed out to see Misty drop her Starmie as well as her Horsea off because that was just wasted potential. If anything they both would/could have made Misty into a stronger and more adaptable battler. They at least should have been brought to Johto, especially Horsea. It would have been perfect advertising especially after seeing Brock's Crobat, but it's whatevs at this point.
    Fully agree. I always thought leaving Horsea and Starmie at gym was big mistake , being pokemon which never had chance to be used to full potential while also denying Misty to shine more as trainer. Bringing Horsea back for Johto and Whirl Islands would have been great way to advertize second generation of games through Kingdra while giving some muscle to Misty team.

By now its quite likely Horsea evolved though.

Togepi was adorable but once Johto hit, it really should have evolved or something. To say it absorbed Misty's personality is too harsh so I will say it, like Psyduck, prevented Misty from doing what she did best whenever given the opportunity, interact and battle.
    Frankly i never understood such claims because Togepi didn't leeched out character from Misty, but on contrary brought out other sides of character which were overshadowed by temper at times being step toward future development. Misty was full of personality after getting Togepi and this seems like just detractors propaganda trying to portray her character growth as bad thing, while at same time liking Ash and May maturity in DP and Hoenn.

Misty was still quirky,flamboyant and vivid character after maturity,but she was also enriched with some new aspects with her personality becoming multidimensional and more complex .Development provided her with more substance which is never a bad thing because it gives more depth to someone enriching his personality and adding to appeal.Change is necessary because if character don't develop they start to stagnate(like poor Brock) becoming eventually boring. So yes i view this as positive thing, with quality of episodes with Misty which were just as fun as her best Kanto moments proving how this was good direction through which writers took her.

As for lack of activity that was because of not getting enough focus. After all if your in background you cant interact nor battle.

Misty's biggest flaw does not come from Misty herself, but mainly her fanbase. Not trying to start a flameware with any Misty fans because at the end of the day I was one, but she does have that "Justin Beiber factor". Which is when a character has a couple of nice traits about them, but then when you hear about them all the time, where they are brought up in situations they don't need to be, and feelings are hurt unneccisarily due to a difference of opinion, to where riots start happening is just ridiculous.
    Unfortunately Misty was always some sort of tabu subject among fandom with lovers and haters being equally guilty. Some of her fans indeed tend to be obsessive and quite rabid getting on people nerves, but detractors and haters are just as bad with disrespect of other opinions and invalid criticism igniting flame and ruining any chance of peaceful discussion.

Most Misty fans are actually very pleasant and respectful toward others, and while majority is advocating for character return that doesn't mean they are rabid fanboys simply missing character and wishing to be done more. Nothing wrong with that as long other characters and opinions are respected. I can understand demand for return because she is great and fun character having that specific and unique dynamic which was provided to main group, giving certain charm and feeling to series with her strong presence and it would be great to see her taken forward developing more and advancing her dreams.

I like Misty and I'd be lying if I said there weren't times that I do miss the character and hope for a cameo. Hell, I wouldn't be pissed if the writers ever brought her back if they ever even decided to do that, but I'll cross that bride when and if it comes.
    I think every fan which ever liked Misty would like to see her back in anime, whether its just for cameo or something even more like return to cast. She is great character, has more to offer and it would be more than welcomed to get some update and see how much things changed.

Granted i would like even more to have her back as main being interested to learn more about past, see character doing new , exciting things while adding humor and dynamic to cast which were specific for her. I don't know if this will ever happen with chance being low, but i will just say how there exists potential and things on which writers could pick up and continue.

But ultimately I have accepted the fact that she moved on to bigger and better things, she's probably the most mature main character now sans Brock and Cilan probably, and I'm ok with that.
    True, though i still think May became even more mature arguably being very different in her Sinnoh cameos compared to days she used to travel with group, and Ash was quite close in DP too. But i agree, Misty went through notable character development turning out from a girl who was short tempered erupting over every little thing to mature and more responsible person. Later down the road as she started to gradually mature, different sides of personality and quirks were revealed.We saw more of her sarcasm,girly side,passionate love and dedication toward battling and water types, spunk, her witty and timid side etc becoming fairly rounded character feeling more genuine and realistic.

She was definitely complex character having many sides to her.

So, overall I liked Misty. Her team could have been utilized better, but hey she's a Gym Leader now so I'm sure they are. I will go on to say that the next time we here from her I hope she is venturing out of some sort, because being a "Water Pokemon Master" can only take you so far as Gym Leader status. I go by seasons on who my favorite characters are, and I must say for Kanto and Orange Misty is definitely on the list, since Johto wasn't really good for anyone and besides Gary, everyone's character/pokemon got royally screwed at one point in time, but not totally.
    Pretty much true, Misty may not be main character ever again but at very least writers should give her proper closure showing some progress toward her goal of becoming water master made with some sort of indication being provided how she came closer toward it. They just used gym as plotline to have her replaced leaving abruptly and with no build up, taking it over out of necessity and obligatory reasons while her goal, ambitions and plots which formed story were left unresolved. Even in hosos and latest appearance you could tell writers didn't cleared things up about character and what are her future plans(something we saw with Brock,May or Dawn coming to realization how to achieve dreams and what they want to do in life) not defining if she plans to stay at gym or continue pursuing her original goal still bringing up issue with sisters and how main reason behind stay is because of their incompetence not having reliable substitute, and not because she decided to do this leaving things hanging in air. Basically message how they haven't finished their job yet with character leaving room for possible change of things. As gym leader as we know someone cant become water master(best water trainer in world) being showed in OS how this requires traveling ,collecting water types and entering water themed events like Whirl Cup showed serving as benchmarks through which you advance .

I think becoming E4 or next time seeing Misty training to become one going on journey to advance skills, and possibly be taken as apprentice from some powerful water trainer(like Lorelei or Wallace) would be good conclusion to character story showing her advancing forward and coming close toward achievement of ultimate aims.

So with no further add here are my final thoughts on this:
    Personally i liked Misty equally in all 5 years she spent on show, and i cant exclude specific season because in each of them there were both good and bad moments. In Kanto and Orange islands i liked impulsive and fiery side while showing that she can be girly and tender too. However i believe she had great moments in Johto as well still having that charm and enjoyable quirks getting some significant growth starting to mature. She became less impulsive and more self critic being willing to admit mistakes, while becoming more self confident and independent as character being less reliant on Ash and Brock help. This can be noticed in her increase of initiative to take care of things on her own becoming more focused on goal of becoming best water trainer while becoming more confident in her abilities . Which can be noticed in interactions with various Johto characters like Egan, Andreas, Trinity, Dorian or Sakura with hothead side still being showed to be part of character, but also becoming more level headed and patient. One of notable examples is her interactions with Sakura establishing strong friendship while Misty taking some sort of mentor role helping her in dissidence with older sisters having same problem herself in past over which she got over eventually. Her skills as trainer improved too compared to Kanto days with first place in Alto Mare race and Seaking contest and top 8 in Whirl Cup evidencing that.

Sure in Johto writers made a slip(with who they didn't?), but in Master Quest most of things was fixed with character getting some great growth there. In chronicles and cameos Misty was very fun character as well becoming more responsible person being filled with self esteem not being insecure in herself so much like she used to be, while keeping entertaining traits being spunky, playful and passionate for things she likes. I enjoyed in her interactions with Daisy and Tracey, as well Ash and Max in AG being one of her top moments.

Story wise she didn't got enough, but character wise she always had strong presence in show(even in Johto she was more in front than Brock was)being one of main reason why so many people like her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post
    Misty's biggest flaw does not come from Misty herself, but mainly her fanbase. Not trying to start a flameware with any Misty fans because at the end of the day I was one, but she does have that "Justin Beiber factor". Which is when a character has a couple of nice traits about them, but then when you hear about them all the time, where they are brought up in situations they don't need to be, and feelings are hurt unneccisarily due to a difference of opinion, to where riots start happening is just ridiculous. I like Misty and I'd be lying if I said there weren't times that I do miss the character and hope for a cameo. Hell, I wouldn't be pissed if the writers ever brought her back if they ever even decided to do that, but I'll cross that bride when and if it comes. But ultimately I have accepted the fact that she moved on to bigger and better things, she's probably the most mature main character now sans Brock and Cilan probably, and I'm ok with that.
    Heh. I had to laugh at this for a sec. I never thought about it. But I agree with you. I felt that her goal and story wasn't being developed as it should considering she was the first female on the show they had to work with. She had a good personality but she and Brock both needed something to be doing. Since nither weren't training for their goals like they should have been.

As far as Togepi for her, if only they made her use the little egg mcmuffin more would be fine with me. But now that Iris is here and that she now has a rival, the writers know what not to do for characters in that situation anymore. So yes, it would be nice to see Misty again because they might give her better development but bringing her back is not something I'm killing for.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would have had Togepi evolve somewhere in mid-Johto, specifically during the "Johto league champion" season. Not only could Togetic actually battle, but it would have probably let Misty be more active.

I think everyone noticed that Misty started to battle a bit more once she got Poliwhirl and Corsola, and that's because she finally got active-battle ready pokemon. Before that all she really had was Staryu.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have had Togepi evolve somewhere in mid-Johto, specifically during the "Johto league champion" season. Not only could Togetic actually battle, but it would have probably let Misty be more active.
    I agree. I think there should atleast be more development for Togepi in the Johto saga. That should have been the signature region for it to do the most training even if it was just a little bit. That way it would have felt that the evolution wasn't just a way to get rid of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I liked Misty herself, but her fans were horribly annoying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wonder why Misty wasn't handled more like her game counterpart. You look at Misty's team in HGSS and she has all these powerful evolved water pokemon. You look at anime!Misty's team and its lackluster in comparison.

Its quite surprising when you realize Politoed was her only 3 stage fully evolved pokemon. Starmie you can't really tell because it barely battled and never used any psychic attacks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wonder why Misty wasn't handled more like her game counterpart. You look at Misty's team in HGSS and she has all these powerful evolved water pokemon. You look at anime!Misty's team and its lackluster in comparison.

Its quite surprising when you realize Politoed was her only 3 stage fully evolved pokemon. Starmie you can't really tell because it barely battled and never used any psychic attacks.
    Well it wouldn't have made much sense to start with character who has fully evolved powerhouses. There is no room left to evolve pokemon, develop their battling abilities and have them grow forward making sense to start with smaller ones(except giving maybe one or two evolved to not start as complete rookie).

I don't think Misty anime team was lackluster at all. She received Staryu and Starmie as her signature pokemon just like it was case with her game counterpart.

Psyduck primary role was to serve as comic relief, but it was definitely more than enough capable to deliver punch if needed hiding huge potential in itself. With Horsea or Goldeen granted it could have been done much more, but ill give writers some credit for creativity being unique that we had someone in cast which use aquatic pokemon which are dependent on water.

Polwhirl(later Politoad)along with Corsola(and Staryu)were among best Misty pokemon being strong and very versatile in battle proving their strength in various battles and competitions. In chronicles capture of Gyarados and Luvdisc added more muscle and dversity to her team being massive improvement.

When you take a look at it Misty pokemon team is fairly impressive for water trainer with there existing good balance between aquatic and amphibious water types with several hiding massive potential just waiting to be unlocked. Such as Psyduck, Hoorsea, Starmie, Azurill etc.

Misty was definitely most enjoyable female companion we had imo. She wasn't simple one note character having many quirks and interesting sides to her. She was hotheaded, sarcastic, funny, passionate having many interests in life(such as water, fishing, romance etc)having wide range of emotions and really strong presence.
    Her pokemon were all unique in their own way and i liked that she was one type trainer dedicated in becoming best with them making her stand out from rest of crew.

Backstory of having to grow up in sister shadow being constantly degraded having to prove to everyone was also sad and touching providing anything but easy life for her having to work hard for everything she achieved.
    It was interesting to see her develop in more mature and confident character becoming more secure in herself, gaining sister respect and learning how to cope with responsibility.

I enjoyed in progress she made so far developing in nice blend of quirky and playful yet more mature character finding right balance between tomboyish and girly side.Judging by hosos and cameos it seems Daisy and others left some influence on her too.

I would lie if i said how i don't miss her and Misty should definitely return to pokemon imo because she always knew how to add that extra spice and chemistry to cast not being fleshed out enough as character. Her story was unfinished too with many things being unanswered providing lot of room to grow forward. We could learn more about past(like why she fears bugs doing nice plot like they did with whole Gyarados fear, why she likes water types, what happened with her parents etc), we could see her advancing forward in goal of water master entering tournaments and battling stronger trainers(world tournaments seems like perfect opportunity), training pokemon like Psyduck(teaching it to battle or even evolve), Starmie, Horsea and any new one unleashing their potential and learning how to develop and adjust battling style developing forward as trainer and person.

Not to mention i would like to see her interact with new characters and Ash reviving their friendship, and bringing group dynamic in new direction.

There is so much potential Misty has and whatever happens i will always have soft spot for this character being of big value to pokemon show.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 29th May 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I guess the writers just didn't care much for evolved Pokemon back then. I'm fine with it either way. Nobody knows why some Pokemon didn't get a fair share of battles, its just the way it happened. They still do that today :/. HGSS Misty was also post-elite 4 so they had to give her evolved Pokemon.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Post Thanks / Like

Kasumi/Misty was a pretty enjoyable character. Cute too, as well as the one with the most potential to actually be a couple with Satoshi/Ash in my opinion. I'd say her role was well-played. Not bad, but could use some very minor, optional improvements (like her constant herding off of Takeshi/Brock; Didn't really like that constant bit). I'd also agree to bringing her back, which may be possible, if they decide to animate that world championship thing they're planning for Black/White 2.

Need Pokemon of no specific gender, nature, moveset, and/or coloration? From Gen I to V, if it's obtainable by breeding, I can get it for you. Just PM me here.
    NO HACKS/CLONES GUARANTEED.

Pokemon White Version FC: 3739-8869-3422

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She could have been handled better, but I loved her. To me, she didn't need to get involved in battles or constantly be working toward achieving something, we had Ash for that, Misty was great as a sidekick. Her interaction with both Ash and Brock, made them (in my opinion) the travelers that had the closest bond. I am a PokeShipper so that obviously helps, but that aside, just her character interactions with Brock alone, made me love her. She was robbed of a more prominent role, and maybe some stronger Pokemon, but Togepi and Psyduck were her trademark just as much as Torchic was to May, or Piplup to Dawn. It's all a matter of what you see in a character, to me, she was funny and had great chemistry with the group. I also felt like she genuinely cared for Ash and Brock, especially when it came to Brock's love life, although that was interfering, she was trying to save him from himself, like Max and Croagunk did, because they cared for him deeply too. I definitely believe she had a crush on Ash or at least loved him like a brother. I thought her relationship with Pikachu was super sweet too and hasn't been re-done with any of Ash's other female friends. Her Pokemon were generally cute and funny, she seemed to have a love/hate relationship with just about everyone except for Togepi. Psyduck was the funniest example of that.

I think, based on what we did get to see off her in action, that she was a very competent trainer. She definitely would have been an excellent female to expand upon in terms of battling or contests. She suits that image and HGSS proves that. She was just brought in too early when the writers didn't know what they wanted the show to become.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

^I couldn't agree more, and its good to see people who can look beyond mere writing issues and evaluate the actual character within. Some people also say that Misty's personality was stereotypical of Japanese anime. Truth is, it doesn't really matter how she compares to other anime girls. What matters is how she fits in with the show she was designed for. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Bluelatios; 29th May 2012 at 12:56 PM.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well then why did Misty's temper get toned down in Johto? I don't know where people got the idea that Misty and Ash were constantly arguing from, over the entire span of Johto they have like two arguments.

Another myth is Misty's mallet. People act like Misty was constantly hitting people in the head with mallets....what the hell?

Misty's mallet appeared in like 4 episodes of Kanto and was never used again. Where does this myth come from that she constantly wielded a mallet come from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well then why did Misty's temper get toned down in Johto? I don't know where people got the idea that Misty and Ash were constantly arguing from, over the entire span of Johto they have like two arguments.
    It was toned down because she started to mature and develop as character. As people grew they start to change not being to expect to stay completely same forever which is good because it prevents someone from ending stale and static being enriched with new aspects keeping him fresh and interesting. As we can see Misty began to grow from insecure, impulsive girl in more confident and responsible character which allowed for some significant growth. Like getting over complex of feeling less worthy compared to sisters, becoming more secure in her abilities as trainer, being responsible enough to take over gym despite wanting to travel and pursue her own dreams, defeat fear from Gyarados etc.

Misty and Ash still did argued. I remember they bickered over Totodile, in Whirl Cup wanting to beat each other, when group got lost(like it was case in several episodes such as "As Clear as Crystal", "Illusion Confusion"etc), or when he teased her like when she found out she is Gyarados by horoscope.

It wasn't as frequent like it was case in Kanto, but frankly i welcomed change.All those fights and how Ash needs to repay bike were frankly starting to get old in Kanto, and it was refreshing to see different sides of Misty beside temper becoming opened up more to Ash and Brock becoming closer as friend which was best showed when parting of in GLC affecting her greatly.

I remember she was still tomboyish and rebellious and sarcastic, being full of adventurous spirit liking to explore.Only change was that she was less aggressive which is good thing because it made character more competent and tough while still keeping her enjoyable traits being girly and naive girl as well spunky and temprament having many interesting quirks .This can be noticed in way she interacted with several characters in second half of Johto(like SAkura, Egan, Macy), Daisy and Tracey in hosos, Max in AG etc.

Like fine wine, Misty only got better with time being at her best in Master Quest, chronicles and Hoenn.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast