Did you like Misty/Kasumi's role on the show? - Page 15

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Did you like Misty/Kasumi's role on the show?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Did you like Misty/Kasumi's role on the show?

Always enjoyed Misty/Kasumi's role on the show. Her character definitely dropped a little bit in Johto, but not to the point of making me too bored of her character. First tsundere I saw and although I admit she could be a complete b**** at times, she really seemed to give off a believable, enjoyable personality. Misty matured over the course of the series greatly, and that was fun to watch. :)

So, yeah, I really liked her and her role on the show.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 22nd February 2013 at 09:24 PM.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

TBH, never ever did. She had no goals with a point, and the only thing she got was a tournament she lost at the third round! All the other times she was there just because Ash could not journey alone, it would be boring. Come on, compared to May/Dawn (Contests) and EVEN IRIS (has the whole Drayden backstory, won a tour for a change), Misty was just there. Mostly for the comic (which IMO TR did better).
    Caseydia and Roconza like this.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Default Re: Did you like Kasumi's role on the show?

i thought misty played a big role but she should be in all seasons
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

That's the way it is Tepig in a BBQ's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only thing I wished they could've done with her to extend a more promising goal for her before she could leave the show, instead of "Lol I'm going back to my gym bye".

Otherwise, she was a really great character. I was amused by the Ash-Misty interactions, her fangirling on every Water Pokémon, her fear for bug types, her character overall etc.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

She was one of my favorite characters during Kanto. I mean...

Just look at that face. How could you not like that awesomeness?

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Add Roconza on Facebook
    Follow Roconza on Tumblr Visit Roconza's Youtube Channel

I'm sure I'll get hate for this but even as a kid up till now I HATE her with a passion. I'm frankly glad she left but I never liked the bratty bitchy type. I have to say if she came back I'd like to see her character mature and sporting that adorable hair style from gold/silver. I'd really like then to leave out ship teasing as well as I really hate fomances as they are my biggest pet peeves. Any way seeing hope pokemon normally handles romance it would sure to be awkward and cheesey.

Her role in Kanto and the OI was fine, but she was handled horribly in Johto. She pretty much stayed in the background doing very little

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While i can agree with others how more should have been done with her character in Johto being waste that they didn't expanded more on her water master goal, story, had her catch more pokemon, perhaps give her a rival too liker they dud in BW.

Looking back Misty in Johto still received more development, focus directed on her or in playing role in various other episodes which weren't about her along with entering much more battles than anyone else did/beside Ash) as opposite to Kanto.
    Along with her career being more fleshed out whether it was through tournaments like Whirl Cup or Seaking contest, bonding with various pokemon like Marill and Poliwhirl helping her to evolve and understand them better, gradually developed as character becoming more mature and levelheaded compared to start and overall had more achievements.

Ill arguably say she showed most character there brimming with personality with her snark, feisty side and strong willed attitude bringing lot of humor, clash and endearment in several episodes there.
    It can be noticed how much she grew emotionally since Kato days with her dynamics with Ash and Brock being in spirit of more lighthearted/chipper note teasing and joking about Ash battle skills or big appetite, taking charge in teaching Brock how to approach other girls talking with him about love, pokemon, cooking etc. Being more compassionate toward friends comforting Ash and Brock when losing or saying goodbye to dear friends, when they got sick etc. While coming with various pranks, being annoyed when they did mistakes or came up with witty remarks , but getting in clash with Ash and others when getting on her nerves still having comic rivalry between themselves and plenty of gaily banter showing to have many unique sides to her coming of as highly expressive, spirited character.

I liked how she kept her spark and flare while becoming more open minded, caring and independent with her change being decanted in conceivable, enjoyable manner . Especially during end of Johto and afterwards in chronicles making her relatable and enjoyable as character.

In general i can say how i enjoyed in Misty role in this show leaving personal touch on it through her recognizable antics, great deal of importance she played in Ash development and her own story, unique dreams of striving to become best with water types and various qualities she displayed during five year run playing role in various plots helping them to resolve or and up disclosed moving things forward.

Naturally just like any other fan i would like to see her again, whether its for cameo or something longer because she was great character, there were left several things unexplored about her and i would be interested in seeing what has changed, what new pokemon she might had, see her grow in new directions while lifting up group dynamics through her strong presence and lively persona.
    Lis likes this.

I honestly think Misty gets a bad rap because of the way characters who came after her where handled, along with some crazed fans who are stuck in the past.

Ultimately though, Misty was a damn good job for a first couple of seasons go round. Say what you want about a dual type being boring-yeah it can get repetitve and limit you-but when all is said and done she deserves some credit for choosing that profession because that was her passion despite the odds.

IDK.

I enjoyed Misty, I did. There's no denying she did have flaws. But, things could have been a lot worse and she did have her moments:

-Sisters were hilarious
    -Gyrados and its storyline episode was pretty touching
    -Psyduck is classic
    -All her battles with Poliwhirl/Politoad were cool
    -Staryu is just GAH ;)
    -She kept Goldeen(as useless as it was) on the show despite being limited. Stunfisk it was not, but I had respect whenever Misty used it because it was rarely seen. I still hope we see a Seaking from her one day.
    -Her determination for Corsola capture was admirable
    -Any shipping moments between her and Ash-dub or not-made me laugh
    -Her interaction with Max was sweet

Misty has some damn good things about her character, without a doubt. I actually place her in my favorites based on these moments alone. There's no denying she needed more work though. I still have hopes for Seaking, Kingdra, and Golduck-along with a few more decent battles in like a cameo appearance for a tournament or something.

But regardless, she was decent. Damn sure wasn't terrible.

Go over to Yugioh and take a look at the female characters from their whole franchise(excludling the likes of Mai, Akiza, and Alexis). Have yall seen Tea-come on!

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Speaking of Misty, I hope they'll do something with her Azurill sometime now that the entire line is revealed to be part Fairy (lame type but still).

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

I loved Misty, she was a take no crap from anybody type of girl and I love that lol.

I wish her pokemon were more diverse but still she was awesome :).

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415