13 4.96%
  • Equal

20 7.63%
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Which is better: DP or BW?

Default Re: Which is better: DP or BW?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyula View Post
    If you'd read my original post, you may see why I prefer BW. Also, I don't recall you asking for an example of how BW is better.

E: If you were referring to "what's new", then I was referring to how it doesn't stick strictly to the typical formula.
    Hello, this is a debate thread, you doesnt seem to be ready for a debate and you are running away from my questions

Give me an example that TR pose more as a threat in BW than DP, they have only turn cruel, and I actually feel that TR in DP is more of a threat, they can make Robots without the help of mechanics, and each time they make it, they improve it, first it resists Electric but blast away by Piplup, then they make one resist to Electric and water only to be beaten by another Pokemon. This is not a threat?

Team Plasma "seemed" to be handled better. This is how everyone feel at the very start of BW as they see TR in black shirt, but the hope quickly fade away, and this is your forecast, it may be handled worse than anyone imagined.

@Nyula

The thing new is not stick to the formula? Tell me about it, Ash lose to one Gym Leader and rechallenges in every region, this is still in formula in BW. A Fire Type Starter who is ditched/abused by a previous trainer before Ash getting it, another still-in-formula issue. The only difference is Ash used 6 pokemon to beat 3 in a Gym Battle. And also it breaks the formula that Ash progress further in the league in every generation, but is that what we need?

And also where is the chemistry? Just because Iris is more of Nature and Dento is more of Science? I never saw Iris and Dento actually have interaction and development in friendship, I simply did not find their development, where is the better chemistry?
    Last edited by Mareepy; 19th December 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Registered User Oddium Wanderus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    If you'd read my original post, you may see why I prefer BW. Also, I don't recall you asking for an example of how BW is better.

E: If you were referring to "what's new", then I was referring to how it doesn't stick strictly to the typical formula.
    Hello, this is a debate thread, you doesnt seem to be ready for a debate and you are running away from my questions

Give me an example that TR pose more as a threat in BW than DP, they have only turn cruel, and I actually feel that TR in DP is more of a threat, they can make Robots without the help of mechanics, and each time they make it, they improve it, first it resists Electric but blast away bu Piplup, then they make one resist to Electric and water only to be beaten by another Pokemon. This is not a threat?
    Yes, they can make robots, but they still fail so miserably. I'll admit they had their few moments in DP, but other than that, they're just silly one-note gags (kinda like Brock). In OS, they actually seemed like a threat (granted, they became goofy after their first two appearances or so, but they were still competent, and they weren't run through the ground).

About Team Plasma, you have a point there, but it's going to be hard to be worse than the Team Galactic subplot (and the TM/TA one, too, but that's another topic).

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

About Team Plasma, you have a point there, but it's going to be hard to be worse than the Team Galactic subplot (and the TM/TA one, too, but that's another topic).
    What was the issue you had with how Team Galactic was handled? I personally thought they were the best bad guys on the show.. but I am a little biased as well I must admit. They were pretty awesome. (:

I do agree though that I wish the writers did give them more screentime to lead up to their last attack ..but there again is my bias, haha.

Blog Entries

I'm just gonna say the sub as of the latest episode is now seven episodes behind compare that to other anime which sub almost instantaneously and you'll see that the English speaking anime fanbase doesn't seem the care about pokemon right now I don't know how far behind DP got but it is possible that no one is subbing it because no one wants to.

Everything in best wishes feels forced like oh we have to have a rival so here's a rival oh we have to put in development so hears some "development" this episode isn't funny enough so have someone fall on their ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    I'm just gonna say the sub as of the latest episode is now seven episodes behind compare that to other anime which sub almost instantaneously and you'll see that the English speaking anime fanbase doesn't seem the care about pokemon right now I don't know how far behind DP got but it is possible that no one is subbing it because no one wants to.
    That's a really poor argument considering that there hardly was any subs for the previous generations. If I recall correctly, the subbing actually started for real as of the release of Best Wishes!, and the fact that it's so many episodes behind is simply because of those who're subbing it are busy with school and life.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Almost half of DP still doesn't have subs at all, so that's hardly a reliable basis for comparison.

Blog Entries

Didn't I say that didn't know that. I didn't say it with any conviction DID I?
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

While DP had some shortcomings, it was, by far, much better than BW. While BW did break a few boundaries (i.e. Ash catching more than 6 Pokemon, better visual appearance, etc), DP had much more emotion, more plot, more competence, more everything. Yes, DP did get a little lackluster in the humor department, it still had a much better flow and story development than BW has. BW has proven to be the worst of the series. In my personal opinion, AG was the golden part of the series, since it seemed to have everything. DP did lose a few points because of things like humor and whatnot, it made up for it with raw emotion, great rivals, a gripping story, and greater Pokemon personalities. BW has failed in every aspect of the word, being more of an insult than anything else. What happened to all of Ash's maturity and great tactics like Counter Shield? What happened to great main character interactions? What happened to a humorous Team Rocket? All that went down the drain when the series "rebooted" with BW. I feel sorry for anyone who has grown up on BW, missing the golden years of the anime series.

In short, while AG holds my vote for best of the series, DP was much better than BW, and always will be.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    While DP had some shortcomings, it was, by far, much better than BW. While BW did break a few boundaries (i.e. Ash catching more than 6 Pokemon, better visual appearance, etc), DP had much more emotion, more plot, more competence, more everything. Yes, DP did get a little lackluster in the humor department, it still had a much better flow and story development than BW has. BW has proven to be the worst of the series. In my personal opinion, AG was the golden part of the series, since it seemed to have everything. DP did lose a few points because of things like humor and whatnot, it made up for it with raw emotion, great rivals, a gripping story, and greater Pokemon personalities. BW has failed in every aspect of the word, being more of an insult than anything else. What happened to all of Ash's maturity and great tactics like Counter Shield? What happened to great main character interactions? What happened to a humorous Team Rocket? All that went down the drain when the series "rebooted" with BW. I feel sorry for anyone who has grown up on BW, missing the golden years of the anime series.

In short, while AG holds my vote for best of the series, DP was much better than BW, and always will be.
    Completely agree. and yes AG was the best for me too, even the fillers were perfectly devised in different ways, it made it fun to watch.

DP will always be better than BW in my opnion, even though Dawn's contests seemed to get a bit boring for me at times, it's annoying not to see a female main character in BW entering contests or at least doing something more practical with her time other than becoming a "Dragon Master" .............
    May's contest always had me on edge, Hoenn saga was Golden and always will be.
    CynthiaLover and Hidden Mew like this.
    N is finished yet.

Blog Entries

One thing I noticed is that people talk about how BW is sooooooooooooooo fast paced but thing is while the season goes faster each individual episode is still as slow as ever which has been an issued I had with the anime for a long time without even realizing it and has become not worse in BW but it starting to become more noticeable as I have more experience with the series.

The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

It's true, it's fast... yet slow, I just really really am hoping for something badass to happen with Ash's team now... at least 2 or more evolving before the Saga ends.. I'd be happy with that. Because as many Pokémon as he's caught this saga, the only character development in them I've seen is one or more episodes for them and they're left for nothing... Krookodile is ok, I just hope they adapt Ash's team a bit more before the end. If not then maybe in Gen 6, they will write Ash with more sense, let's hope, and give him a Team us fans can discuss in a positive light.
    N is finished yet.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best Wishes isn't fast paced. The overall region ended with 108 episodes which is the last ep of the league. 108 episodes means its only about 20 episodes shorter than Hoenn was, so its not as quick as you would think.

I definitely have to say DP. It had my favourite co-star , some of my favourite main character pokemon (ash and dawns pokemon) and the battles were enjoyable. Plus ive never played BW so most of the pokemon in it still seem wierd to me lol.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I sorta hate them both for very different reasons. BW has been, for the most part, terribly written. Anything interesting the show had going for it pretty much shriveled up. DP was very well written, but I just did not care for the online community that seems to circlejerk continuously about how great it was and how stellar of a character Dawn was. If I had to go back and watch episodes, I'd definitely go for DP, but around here I like supporting BW more just because it gets no love.

We all know AG was hands down the best though.
    Sith Droideka likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think some people lost interest in DP mainly because of the lack of chemistry of the DP trio.

Brock stayed one generation too many and Dawn did generally just feel like a female take on Ash a lot of the time, which meant she had no unique characteristics other than dressing up.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast