13 4.96%
  • Equal

20 7.63%
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is better: DP or BW?

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Default Re: Which is better: DP or BW?

Stereotype about red hair I believe.

So, even more time later, and I think I'll still say DP over BW. But I don't think I'll vote until this series is done.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BW has Iris :(

DP has Paul:)

Diamond and Pearl blows this series away - the only thing Black and White does (much) better is the chemistry between the main trio, which was nonexistent in DP. So far BW has been a huge step backwards for the show. There have been some good ideas (make Team Rocket less annoying, give Ash more Pokemon, slightly faster pace), but none of them have been executed well at all. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by blowsave View Post
    Diamond and Pearl blows this series away - the only thing Black and White does (much) better is the chemistry between the main trio, which was nonexistent in DP.
    I agree. I could never get into the DP trio for this reason, it just felt forced to me. Dawn and Brock never felt like real friends or had any chemistry, Dawn's whole reason to travel with the group felt artificial and forced, plus you had to deal with Piplup in every episode.

I tolerated it because the DP saga itself was very good, but the DP trio was totally forgettable. If the writers wanted to do two stars, you don't leave the sidekick guy totally in the background without anyone else to play off him. Watching Dawn and Brock interact with one another put me to sleep.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    I'm not even going to ask for Team Plasma to appear.

But wynaut Cheren *sob sob*
    Simple, because Trip has taken over his role and his place pretty much. IMO Trip is to Cheren what Ash is to Hilbert.

Its just basic. Personally to me though, the entire BW anime is just "basic" BS. It doesn't do the fantastic games justice at all.

While BW is picking up steam lately, I still say DP is better overall. The only problem is the long pacing made people grow bored of DP, completely forgetting the amount of good episodes scattered around.

There was just something about the way the writers handled Paul, Hunter J, Galactic and Ash's team that made DP actually exciting. And while I wasn't the biggest fan of Dawn's contest arc, it still was pretty decently handled. If her rivals weren't so mishandled it had a chance to be much better than it was.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    While BW is picking up steam lately, I still say DP is better overall. The only problem is the long pacing made people grow bored of DP, completely forgetting the amount of good episodes scattered around.

There was just something about the way the writers handled Paul, Hunter J, Galactic and Ash's team that made DP actually exciting. And while I wasn't the biggest fan of Dawn's contest arc, it still was pretty decently handled. If her rivals weren't so mishandled it had a chance to be much better than it was.
    An episode about afros!!! picking up steam really

Having watched a few episodes after like a decade while still being (barely) in the loop about things in the meantime, I can honestly say that I like BW better.

I think what they were trying to do with it is make a fresh start. Think about it: no longer do we put up with hundreds of failed Team Rocket schemes in like 90% of episodes, Brock hitting on women and being hauled off by Misty/some kid/a poisonous frog vexed in martial arts, or anything that the previous seasons kept on repeating. What we have instead is a series that feels much different from the rest. Make no mistake about it though - in the context of the series as a whole, there is going to be some necessary bullshit. Some of it is unavoidable, some of it is questionable, but on the subject of rivals though, how do you follow up Paul? The only thing they could've really done is have Ash have kicked Trip to the curb like the little bitch he was - a role reversal from some of his other rivals. Which actually would've fit nice with the changes, but on the other hand, it probably would've been worse in the long run. They're kind of doing that with Cilan though, and it's going okay.

Speaking of which, the only thing I will say is that from what I've read, Connoisseurs haven't been exploited to their full potential...yet. What should happen with that is someone getting a Pokemon they truly are incompatible with (well, again), and seeing where that goes. Maybe throw in a couple more - or even in that hypothetical instance, have an S-Ranker say otherwise. It's too early to pass judgment yet. Similar situation with Plasma - we'll see how they eventually get handled.

Not as much Pokemon development is just an indirect result of Ash catching a lot of different Pokemon here...which, again, is actually fresh in another sense. You know where's it's probably going to lead, too: while they're fudging things for the time being, it's going to catch up with him sooner or later. And while still talking about catching up sooner or later: I also get the sense that's what's going to eventually go down with Iris. While the former case is arguably a sign of predictability, in the latter instance you know full-well it is going to be glorious, love her or hate her.

I can see why long-time fans might not like it, though. BW is not without its flaws. But personally, I think that moving forward, it's what's best for the series. It won't be without its growing pains, but once they're out of the way, it'll all be good.
    Don't know what to put here.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

They shouldn't have made Ash too stupid in BW. DP Ash had been much smarter.

BW has improved due to the tournaments lately but it still feels overall like there's no real direction. For some strange reason it feels like nothing is really happening. I've never felt this way about the anime in a long time. It feels like Ash's quest has become meaningless, where it didn't feel that way in any past saga, even Johto.

The writers also clearly have no clue what to do with TR anymore, which is a shame because it started off with a lot of potential. Hopefully they get a good ending if they leave the show.

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

The main factor here is Ash. We know he rests evry generation but BW just took it a step too far. The excuse that he is in a new region and is overexcited fails. Did Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh take place in his freaking backyard?

DP. The way they handled continuity and Ash's maturity was really well. I liked how in the first couple episodes they had Ash wear his AG outfit to show a sense of continuity. And I really liked how Ash and Paul's rivalry revolved around experience and intelligence. DP also had a lot of callbacks to the past with Jessibelle, Growlie, May, Jasmine, as well as flashbacks to Butterfree, Max, etc. and other things like the Misty lure and the mention of Lt. Surge and the Thunderstone Ash received way back in Kanto. Battles really were better and I enjoyed Ash's Pokemon coming back for the league, even if they missed Kingler and Tauros :(

So overall I like DP better

DP totally beats BW and pretty much any of the other series
    I also hates it when people say things about "group chemistry" - as far as I see it, NONE of the groups really had the oh so awesome interactions/"chemistry"/anything...
    Actually, I found each group to be better than the previous one, until BW (I also thought each series in general was better than the previous one, until BW)
    The DP group felt the most "family"-like to me and I really loved it... Ash, Dawn, Brock and all of their Poké were like one big family... I could never feel like this about the other main groups in this show...
    I also don't know where people bring the ridiculous "DP had no humor!!!1111" thing... like, seriously? DP had lots of funny moments and episodes... Paul forgetting who Dawn is and Dawn's reaction? the whole character of Piplup and especially the Pip/Gib thing and the ep where Pip wants to leave due to it? and Pika/Pip love ep? evil Togepi ep? Barry... wait, FORGET EVERYTHING, just BARRY - it automatically beats anything humor wise...
    So yeah... these seem to be people's two "problems" with DP, which at least to me personally, and I think also for anyone who judges things honestly without being biased, not only these problems didn't exist, but DP did them at least as good as previous series or even better
    I guess DP will forever stay my favorite series... but hopefully gen 6 will prove me wrong or at least be better than BW (which will hopefully improve from now on with influence of BW2 - at least we're getting to see old Pokémon again, something that annoyed me in this series until now)

DP was so much better.
    Reasons:
    -character and Pokemon growth were so much better shown. U had a relationship-opinion on every single Poke.
    -The GL were really well done, oK BW has better animation, but the duration and intesity of the battles was on a completely different level.
    -Rival plot, no rival plot was on the same level. and no rival was strong a as Paul was snd well delivered as Zoey. 2 of the best rivals.
    -Enough space for the female travel companion. which wasn't boring and over done
    -Vilian plot was good.

bad things of DP:
    - the long period between 7th and 8th gym.
    -Dawn beating just Ursula in her last 3 contests! There I missed there the development! She could at least beat Nando! Urusla not beating Dawn!
    - Brock's develompent! He had nice moments but Cilan is wOw-ing this season of!
    -Missed Ash and CO kicking Saturn's,Mars'es and Jupiter's ass! Stunky, Purugly and Croagunk didn't get enough on their ass! I expected a bigger fight!

P.S. DON'T HAVE TIME TO COUNT ALL THE BW BAD THINGS

I think that Best Wishes is best than DP because the Team Rocket is more agressive like in the firsts episodes.

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast