What's your favorite hobby?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite hobby?

Visit Jay0173's Youtube Channel

Default What's your favorite hobby?

What's your favorite hobby?

I have two hobbies that I enjoy. The first is model railroading. If a day gets too stressful or if I just need a break from life, I like to head up to the train room to work on my trains and the many models I bought for the layout. And of course, I love to watch the trains run.

My second hobby is aquariums. Sadly, I haven't been able to partake in this particular hobby as most of the rooms in this house are under renovation. But once everything is set up, I would love to get my 50gal tank started again.
    JAY
    FC: 3411-1525-5963
    Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
    (Please VM or PM me so I can add your FC too)

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What's your favorite hobby?

Glad you started this topic. I have two other hobbies besides Pokemon.

They are
    • Commercial Aviation
      I like this because there are many different planes and liveries out there. I also like collecting plane models. That's why Vegas is like heaven for me, it's home to a big model store.
    • Highways
      I like highways because they are always different in many different styles, locations, and situations. I also get to see a lot of them because we always drive.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Other than Pokemon, Geography. Anything geography. I absolutely love it. It's not very relaxing - in fact, I rage a lot at how unaware some of the people we have in power are when it comes to geographical matters - but it certainly gets my brain switched on more than anything. I do love a good contoured map, too. I love translating what I see into images of the places and landscapes in my mind.

Baking. I love baking. My sister is better at your typical cakes whereas I am the cupcake girl in this house. We both enjoy decorating them and we've made birthday cakes for a good few family members by now... We've even made some money with it. I just love it. I love creating something from such basic ingredients and how people smile when they eat lovely cakes I've worked to make! It's such a simple, wholesome joy. <3

Teacups. I love proper, nicely decorated teacups. Not mugs, not coffee cups. Teacups. Teacups with elegant and regal designs, never mass produced unless they're really, really pretty. Seriously.

Scrapbooking. My diary, really. I keep bits from everything I do. I document it all. I like to sit and take stock of everything and remember it and smile.

Other smaller pleasures include riding and fixing up my mountain bike (aiming for a more vintage model one day, once I move out of this borough and the roads don't require such strong suspension!), swimming, debating controversial issues, cosplaying and sewing.

Oh wow I actually sound like an old lady despite only being 16.
    Last edited by Kaori; 13th June 2011 at 03:19 PM.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ alpacasso forums ~

Blog Entries

Writing. I love putting all of my ideas on paper. Not necessarily stories, but just ideas. Then they sometimes grow........

Space. It just does, the immense vastness of it all, everything that could be out there, the speculation......

The Future. It just fascinates me, how the world could be so different, in, say, millions of years. I focus on the changing geography mostly.

Swimming. No, it doesn't relax me. Not one bit. It gets me fired up, getting in that competitive mood that, according to my friends and family, defines me.

These hobbies follow me here, too,the first three in particular. Those three, became my mafia game and PRP.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Playing the piano. It's probably the most therapeutic thing I do.

I also love plants. I'm currently growing different species of cactus.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Kendo, guitar, fencing, Bulbagarden, cooking, music, bowling, Youtube, hackey sack, golf, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon, thinking about the universe, building various things on a whim.

Maybe I'll think of some more.
    Last edited by TheMissingno.; 13th June 2011 at 04:37 PM.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

I have two main Hobbies other than Pokemon:

Cycling I race road bikes, but I also just like getting on a bike and spinning the pedals. I ride every day (even through most of the winter), so it feels weird to me if i'm not on a bike. It both relaxes me and gets me focused. Racing just makes me angry. This is also where the majority of my money goes.

Toy Action figures, scale models, nendoroids, legos, plushies, hot wheels. I love to collect all sorts of fun stuff. I used to be big into Star Wars action figures, but this has slowed down a bit. Now I focus more on anime figures. They aren't as great to play with (at least the scale ones) but look really great. This mixes with Pokemon a bit too, as I have a hard time passing up a plushie

Blog Entries

Plants have certainly been my friends lately. I'm expecting the house to slowly begin to fill up with them... Well, sort of.

I used to be all about aquariums, too, but that's a tad faded at the moment.

Other than that... Does Pokemon count?
    "I'm battling a Magma Abdomen" - my brother

Blog Entries

Drawning: It helps keep me calm sometimes. Also, I have a somewhat talent in drawing, even if it's just cartoons and the like. Maybe I show you what I do sometime. Maybe.

Swimming: One of my favorite things to do, regardless of weather (though don't expect the others in my family to say the same thing.)

Raising the family pets: I happen to be a very big pet lover, and I love being able to take care of them. Though maybe not as much as some of the others, because the kitten I was given a chance to raise was gone the next morning, and the fact that I managed to get the family dog to hate me (that was my fault). I need some more patience, I guess.

Gaming: That should be obvious, but it's not just Pokemon. I also like to play Mario, Call of Duty, Smash Bros. and other fighting games. It seems, however, that I may be growing out of them.

That's pretty much it.

I tumble all day long.

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mine are gaming and playing guitar.

Also I like to study Outer Space in my free time.

Blog Entries

Music--I play the alto and tenor sax, as well as piano, and I sing... so I love music

Drawing--I cannot resist doodling and drawing x3

Transformers--in an attempt to find a hobby where I could collect something I love, I began collecting Transformers recently =P gonna go get some new ones to add to my meager collection some time this week.
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Reading, writing, playing video games, baking, and when I can, playing volleyball and bowling. I also love watching cooking/craft/travel shows.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Walking on the treadmill: Ever since last month, I've been making it a point to walk on the treadmill everyday. It's not really relaxing most of the time, but I enjoy doing it. I get to just listen to my Ipod, relax and just walk. On the plus side, it's helping me lose weight. :P

Daydreaming: I have no idea if this can be considered a hobby either. I just love sitting around, and letting my mind wander. Usually, I get creative ideas for stuff like RPs, stories, and whatnot. This tends to calm me down more than anything.

Watching TV: I don't do this one as much as I used to. However, when I'm really bored, I'll flip through the channels to see what's on. I love watching NCIS, Say Yes to the Dress(guilty pleasure), Animal Planet, MTV(sometimes), and Food Network. Just depends on the mood I'm in, to be honest.

Cooking, singing, napping, drawing, and writing are among the other hobbies I have.

This proves nothing Vulture2264's Avatar

Visit Vulture2264's Youtube Channel

My hobbies

Guns: I love guns of all kinds i collect them and i also compete with them it relaxes me after a hard week at the store by shooting off some rounds into a old car or a pile of rocks and wood.

Kendo: I love the art of sword combat and defense i have learn to clear my mind and focus threw Kendo.

Pissing of PETA and Sea Shepherd fans: Not really a hobby just like seeing people go nuts over a Youtube commit.
    Linoone is a beast.

Pokemon White FC:0003-5508-2452

Pokemon Diamond FC:4384-5084-0066

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast