What career choice are you interested in? - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What career choice are you interested in?

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Default Re: What career choice are you interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmarashi View Post
    Something to do with genetics, engineering or math. I absolutely love genetics (funny hobby, I guess. I've been obsessed since fourth grade) and I love my Tech. Ed. and Advanced Algebra classes.
    Maybe you should think about bioengineering ;)
    (I see what you did there)

I wasn't thinking about that specific career, but I want to go to college for molecular biology and minor in genetics. Or something like that.

Blog Entries

Visit VirtualAnomaly's Youtube Channel

Music, most likely Composition or Piano Pedagogy.

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

I want be therapist, whether it's art, massage, social or physical therapy.

or

an animator.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Anything in the world of business. I'd probably be a night auditor for a little while but I do want to advance in my accounting degree.
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

I want to be a game designer. Yes people, I might be a future designer for a future Assassin's Creed, or heck, I might design a Pokémon. I promise I will not be inspired by garbage or ice cream.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Blog Entries
    Add Treemo on Google+

My ultimate goal is to go into occupational therapy, or to have a career in music. Music here meaning in an orchestra or teaching it on the high school level. I don't intend to be a singer; my main passion is playing my flute.

As for current career, I guess you could say I've already got a career in music. I give private lessons by the hour, and am also a freelance musician. I've actually had quite a few gigs at weddings and the like.
    "LI SHANG IS BASICALLY BAMBI. Y'KNOW, IF BAMBI WERE A MAN."
    - My Dear Friend, DR. SHRUBBERY

Gardevoir Enthusiast Okami Takahashi's Avatar
    Follow Okami Takahashi On Twitter
    Follow Okami Takahashi on Tumblr

My goal is to do something related to game design. Perhaps in the future I can model payware for railway simulators such as Railworks or Trainz. If that doesn't work out, I'll move to the UK and work for a railway myself.

I recently heard about a professional sleeper who gets paid like 1,500 bucks a month to sleep in hotels, testing out their matresses. Oh man, do I love to sleep. And that would be, a "dream" job, if you know what I mean.

God I hate puns.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualAnomaly View Post
    Music, most likely Composition or Piano Pedagogy.
    Hey, I'm a music composition major so feel free to message me if you have any questions!

I'm planning to do musicology in graduate school, though, but I'll be keeping up with my composing.

Edit: I love that there are so many musicians in this thread. Keep it up!

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

I am at the age where I need a job and I have no idea what to do.
    - I thought about art, which you can rarely get a job in so I did "visual communications" which is more general, but from the way my teachers (who are designers) talked about the job, it's not something I'd like. Our first lesson was that as a designer, you don't do what the client asks you to do. Instead you do something different.. but you do it in a way that you think the client would like it. If the client asks for an orange background, you might use a green background. I think that this whole idea is horrible. Yes, as a designer you probably know a lot more about what will look better than the client and you might bring up some ideas that the client never thought of, but I know if I was a client I wouldn't want to hire someone who doesn't follow my directions. The other thing was that you can either be hired by a company where you will be assigned things to design (which I wouldn't like... I don't like working on things I have no interest in) or you can get clients to hire you (which I don't like the idea of... mostly because you'd need to find a new client for every job. If you can't find a client, you're out of work).
    - I thought about computer programming, but I really think I'd find that job boring. When I'm writing code, even if I like it, I usually end up taking a break for a few days / weeks before resuming. If it was my job I wouldn't be able to. Also, if it was my job then chances are I wouldn't be doing something I like and I'd just be assigned to write a specific program. Which would be horrible... who wants to write a program that he's not even interested in? Also a lot of programming, especially in a field like software engineering, requires a lot of cooperation / coordination between programmers... I really wouldn't be interested in that. That would mean that my code would have to be readable by other people (which it isn't always) and I'd have to be able to read other people's code, which might be hard, especialy if that person uses a different coding style. The other problem is that there aren't a lot of programming jobs these days.. most jobs are sent over to India.
    - I also thought about game design, but I don't think I'd like it for some of the same reasons. When I've worked on games in the past I've needed to take breaks in the process... whether for inspiration or to think of a better way to accomplish the same thing, etc. I wouldn't be able to just stop working on something in the middle if it was my job. Also, chances are I'd be assigned to work on some game that I have no interest in or that I don't even like. Even if I was working on a game I did like, my freedom would be limited by the way the person in charge wants the game done. The only way that I'd be able to have complete freedom would be if I am the guy in charge, and that's not a job you can just get. You need to be promoted a lot or start your own company to have that opportunity. Also I'm not even sure which field in video game design I'd want. When working on games in the past, I've specifically liked writing the story, making sprites, and coding. But that's three completely different areas... no one works on all three.
    - I took a career assessment at a state unemployment program but the results weren't good at all. It came up with 4 things that I had little or no interest in and then video game designer and film editor. I don't think I'd want video game designer for the reasons listed, and I can't do film editor because it doesn't exist where I live (no movies are made where I live... there's no TV stations... the only possible job would be editing film for a videographer or something and I really don't want to be doing that).
    - I also thought about veterinary technician. I have no experience with animals though... the counseler reccommended that I volunteer at an animal shelter... but I really have no interest in working at an animal shelter. The other problem would be that there are no schools in my area that teach it... the closest school is like a 1.5 to 2 hour drive.
    - And I've had some other ideas like movie director, actor, etc. but seeing as there are no movies or anything being made anywhere near where I live then it's not very reasonable.

Vile, Venomous Villain Murkmire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I kinda wanted to go on radio. <3

The benevolant creator ArceusAlpha493's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am majoring in Veterinary Technology to be a Veterinary Technician. Since I love taking care of animals, this is the job for me.
    I have posted a Pokemon/Zelda crossover. If you are a fan of both series, please check it out and review. :)

It will also be a crossover with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Land before Time

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-legend-zelda-twilight-princess-pokemon-zelda-crossover-124285/

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I want to be a video game developer, or something like that.

I want to be a video game developer, entrepreneur, actor, and comedian.

I know it's lots of hard work, but I know I can do it. I'm already learning programming languages, watch a bunch of movies to learn from different actors, watch performances from my favorite and other comedians, and am a really persuasive speaker and know how to get someone on my side and also know how to run things. I'm ready to put the work in.

Charizard fan since 1996 Charraze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd love to be an Editor of some sort or a producer. Really anything in the film industry that doesen't involve drawing stuff
    WHITE FC: 3010 2870 9206

Blog Entries

A translator/interpreter. I'll probably get a major in Linguistics.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast