Memories you can recollect

Thread: Memories you can recollect

Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr

Default Memories you can recollect

Feel free to share memories! They can be good, bad, sad, happy, etc. Why are they important to you? I'll start!

I remember about 5-6 years ago, I saw the Big Dipper in the sky. I was at an engagement party and my family was about to leave (my mom wouldn't stop talking to everyone XD). I was outside with my brother and my dad and we were all looking up at the sky, because there we so many visible stars. I was amazed to see the Big Dipper, because I've never seen any type of constellation before! That moment made me interested in studying astronomy. I haven't been studying much on it, but I know I want to take an astronomy class in college and search for constellations.
    3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Crow Hogan, Inuyasha, Vash the Stampede, Makoto Tachibana, Edward Elric, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days

Add weeaboo_girl84 on MySpace
    Follow weeaboo_girl84 on Tumblr Follow weeaboo_girl84 on Flickr

Default Re: Memories you can recollect

i remember on my seventh birthday the cake tasted like shit

:I

Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr

I remember just last Monday, I went to NYC. Today's the last day of Easter break. :'(
    3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Crow Hogan, Inuyasha, Vash the Stampede, Makoto Tachibana, Edward Elric, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reading the OP reminded me of a day in 2009 when my dad, my brother and I went into the back yard with a telescope and looked at Saturn. For some reason, we could only just barely see its rings, so we were a little disappointed. Later, however, I was reading through one of our old Uncle John's Bathroom Reader books that was astronomy-themed, and I read something about how very rarely Saturn will be pointed toward Earth in such a way as its rings become invisible. At the bottom of the article they gave the next date Saturn was going to do this, and it was just a day or two away from when we looked at it. Suddenly we were pretty satisfied with our viewing of Saturn. xD

Yeah, OP also reminded me of something that must have happened a good couple of years ago now. After spending the afternoon helping my then-boyfriend and his sister to set up this huge hall for their dad's birthday party, everything got started and we had a pretty typical evening, a little dancing, eating a lot of cake and so on. I wanted a bit of a break from all the noise and the crowding so we went outside behind the building for a bit and I can remember just looking up and being amazed at the sky. I live in London, so apart from a couple of trips camping with a few more stars visible, I don't really see them much with all the light pollution, and this party was out in a village in a much less built up area of the country. It really stuck with me that suddenly I could see this beautiful night sky with all these stars compared to the norm of maybe seeing 4 or 5 on a clear night. I just stayed there for what felt like ages, getting cold and staring, haha. To this day I really love going outside London in the evening for any reason just to see the night sky. I'm convinced I have to live somewhere I can see the sky that clearly, of all things.

~ Formerly known as Kaori ~

Blog Entries

I remember BotCon 2008 which was held in Cincinnati, Ohio. On Saturday night, Prime, our friend DA and me were crashed in our hotel room, trying to sleep. There was a huge crowd at the White Castle across the street and they were being loud. Then we heard three short little pops and silence. Prime looked at me and said, "Was that a drive-by?" I shook my head. We woke up DA and told him what had happened; he said, "Oh, don't worry about it. We're in a hotel. We'll be fine." He then rolled over and went back to sleep.

Prime and I were both stunned. How could DA sleep at a time like this?!

As it turned out, it was a guy screwing around on his motorcycle but drive-bys were pretty common in that area of town. As for DA, he grew up in East LA in the 1980s; there isn't a lot that will ruffle his feathers. At the time, it wasn't funny but now I find the whole situation hilarious.

Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.