How My Day Sucked! - Page 18

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How My Day Sucked!

Blog Entries
    Add Sunburn on Facebook
    Follow Sunburn on Tumblr

Default Re: How My Day Sucked!

I didn't do quite as well as I thought I did on my Human Development exam. I was really expecting a higher grade, I'm very disappointed with myself.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

My grade in physics got worse and ahhh, I might actually fail it.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Sometimes people on the Internet can be such assholes. Don't worry, I don't mean Bulbagarden; you guys are great. I mean other people.

One website where they deleted my account made me angry. A while back, a user there said she didn't like a name that happened to be my best friend's name because it reminded her of mobsters. The name was Frank. And by mobsters, she meant the Mafia. I took offence because my friend Frank doesn't look like a mobster. When I mentioned to this user that my friend in question is blond, she accused me of being a troll who used to be on the site. My friend is 100% Italian, but he's not stereotypically Italian at all (probably the only thing that fits is that he's a devout Catholic). People assume he's of Scandinavian or English heritage just by his looks (as if only Germanic peoples can be blond). And if that moron had Frank Sinatra in mind, I would have told her that he's been dead for quite some time.

Just because you hate a name happens to be common among a certain group, doesn't mean you can start putting in ethnic stereotypes! It's like saying "oh, I hate the name Muhammad because it reminds me of terrorists!". As someone who's spent years evading anti-Arab racism, I find this awful. And why do people still, in this day and age, associate Italians with the Mafia? Aren't people already tired of that stereotype?

(Today was when I found out my account on that "website" got deleted. Needless to say, I don't want to see the harpies on that website ever again.)

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

We couldn't start archery today in PE because of not the rain, but the lightning.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

追放されたバカ

Found out I have a midterm next week for my Philosophy and Religions class, and we just had a midterm for the class last week. XD

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

I got nervous in front of the girl I like. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Serperiority View Post
    We couldn't start archery today in PE because of not the rain, but the lightning.
    You do archery in PE? That's badass.

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    And why do people still, in this day and age, associate Italians with the Mafia?
    Well, the Mafia is still extremely active and dangerous in Chicago, Philly, New York, and Detroit. Not to mention the 22 other US cities where they still exist. They are still a very real threat, which is why the stereotype has stuck. I wouldn't have expected that stereotype to exist in Australia though.
    Serperiority likes this.

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

I hit myself on my dresser...
    IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station

Blog Entries

I lost my favorite pen. I'm heartbroken, because I'm really picky with my pens and when I find a good one, I get really attached to it. Now it's gone.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Well I got my computer privileges taken away. Right now I'm using a friend's computer.

On Thursday, I got into a fight with another kid. He was acting all pissy about that movie Innocence of Muslims. I admit, I was really offended by that movie too, but I don't overreact to anti-Muslim videos like some people do.

This kid (he's of Lebanese background like me) said that he hated all Americans, and I told him that he was worse than they are. Then the kid grabbed my hair. I responded by punching him and giving him a black eye.

Of course, a teacher saw it and sent me to the principal's office. As a result, I got suspended for a week. This is my third out-of-school suspension in my life and the first that lasted a whole week. My parents were so mad they took my computer away too. I was able to go to my friend's house today, but this would be the only exception that they'd make. I'm grounded otherwise.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I had to kind of drag myself around today because I felt kind of sick and didnt get much sleep last night.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I just burnt a sandwich in the oven cause I forgot about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Well, the Mafia is still extremely active and dangerous in Chicago, Philly, New York, and Detroit. Not to mention the 22 other US cities where they still exist. They are still a very real threat, which is why the stereotype has stuck. I wouldn't have expected that stereotype to exist in Australia though.
    Yeah, but there are many successful Italian-Americans in entertainment, politics, and other fields.

Australians have even nastier stereotypes of Italians. Many Anglo-Celtic Australians are racist against those not of English or Scottish heritage. In Australia, Italians are stereotyped as ugly, dark, short, and hairy - and they are still called racial slurs. Yet I have a lot of Italian friends with light skin and hair.

Lebanese people like me get the worst stereotypes because of the Lebanese gangs in Sydney. Many people don't think I'm Lebanese because I'm well-groomed. People assume I'm Greek instead. I take a little offence when people assume I'm Greek - I take it as them saying that being Lebanese is a crime.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say it sucked but I had gum stuck to the back of my pants....

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

I had to tell my psychology Professor I skipped his midterm Friday just cause I felt I wasn't ready & got lectured. He's letting me take the make-up because I was honest, but it was still embarrassing to admit this.
    IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I found out I'm failing French. Well then.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast