Cosplaying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosplaying

Ms. Canadian Destroyer Caite-chan's Avatar
    Follow Caite-chan On Twitter

Default Cosplaying

How many of you do cosplay? And if you do, do you go to Anime Conventions? Do you buy your costume or make it yourself?

I got into cosplaying a few years ago thanks to my friends. We've done several conventions already. We're from the Detroit, MI area so we've got several options. I have to say my very first one was Anime Detroit 2010 which was rather small and I dressed as Link and used my friends costume...lol. Now most of our group (the girls) will make their costume the two guys are lazy bums and buy theirs.

Anime Detroit 2010 - Link
    ColassalCon 2011 - Leo from Yu-Gi-Oh
    ColassalCon 2012 - Formal Leafeon from Pokemon

Here are some photos of me in my cosplays.

Colassal Con 2012

Glaceon - Jen
    Jolteon - Natalie
    Leafeon - Me
    Espeon - Lindsay

Colassal Con 2012

Jolteon - Natalie
    Umbreon - Megan
    Umbreon - Mikey a.k.a Pimpeon...lol.
    Espeon - Lindsay
    Leafeon - Me
    Glaceon - Jen

Colassal Con 2011

Luna - Natalie
    Leo - Me

Yes Leo has boobs....LOL!
    Last edited by Caite-chan; 6th January 2013 at 01:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Default Re: Cosplaying

I don't, but I really want to sometime. It would be so fun to make my own costume and go to a convention. I'd probably be someone from a Yu-Gi-Oh!, like Rally from 5Ds (I'm kinda short and I have curly hair).

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Don't feel bad I'm only 5 feet. I really want to cosplay Toph from Avatar. I may be doing Roxie the Virbank Gym Leader only because I'm really short on cash right now. The guys in our group usually buy their outfits us girls try to make as much of ours as possible. Lindsay is one who is good with sewing and wigs, Natalie is good with painting and I'm the one that paints and tries to make items for costumes.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

i would like to go but theres no one i could really play and actually look half decent btw are there meant to be links to the pictures cause i cant see any ?

They should work now. I took them straight from my Facebook and forgot that no one outside my friends could see them...lol.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Don't feel bad I'm only 5 feet. I really want to cosplay Toph from Avatar. I may be doing Roxie the Virbank Gym Leader only because I'm really short on cash right now. The guys in our group usually buy their outfits us girls try to make as much of ours as possible. Lindsay is one who is good with sewing and wigs, Natalie is good with painting and I'm the one that paints and tries to make items for costumes.
    That's awesome. I'd probably go for something on the cheaper side. ...Weird, I could see the pictures before you changed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    i would like to go but theres no one i could really play and actually look half decent btw are there meant to be links to the pictures cause i cant see any ?
    I don't really look like anyone either. Most of my hair's long and curly, but I got one side of my head shaved, so maybe I could be Rally after a freak explosion, or after he was captured by cult members or something.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Some people are really picky about their costumes. I try to make them look as close to the real thing as possible. I know my group is going to ColassalCon this year and that might be my only Con for the year unless I can save enough for Youmacon.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Nice cosplays! :3

I would love to cosplay. I have a Togekiss cosplay I wore to the 2012 Pokemon World Championships(too lazy to pull up a picture right now). Me and my mom made it lol.
    Sadly, there aren't any cosplay conventions I know of on Hawaii island. I wish I could go to one....
    Me and my friends made a promise to go to a cosplay convention together someday :p

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Blog Entries

I cosplayed as Morty at a comic con in 2011. I might do Marlon for my next convention - I think I could pull him off better since my skin is a little dark.
    Enigma pop star is fun
    She wear burqa for fashion
    - Lady Gaga

I want to cosplay someday, I want to cosplay Patty from Lucky Star and a genderbend of Dio Brando :D

Quote Originally Posted by The Togekiss View Post

I would love to cosplay. I have a Togekiss cosplay I wore to the 2012 Pokemon World Championships(too lazy to pull up a picture right now). Me and my mom made it lol.
    Sadly, there aren't any cosplay conventions I know of on Hawaii island. I wish I could go to one....
    Me and my friends made a promise to go to a cosplay convention together someday :p
    They have Kawaii Kon in Honolulu in April. That was the only one I know of.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Togekiss View Post

They have Kawaii Kon in Honolulu in April. That was the only one I know of.
    March, actually.
    Speaking of which, IM GOING TO KAWAII CON 2013 FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!! HJKFHDJSKHFSJDKHLGTKJR
    Haha, sorry, couldn't help but have a fan-girl freakout.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Follow Bironicus On Twitter
    Visit Bironicus's Youtube Channel

I dressed as Pikachu one Red Nose Day a few years back. Everyone was asking me where I bought my costume and I told them my mum had made it!!

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

I've dressed up as a Pikachu before, not long ago actually, for my Eisteddfod. ;w; I've been working on a Meulin Leijon cosplay for awhile now. I've got the shirt (not the t-shirt over), shoes, skirt, and hair dye, so I'm just missing the make up, knee-socks, t-shirt over the shirt, troll horns and tail. Which, is basically all the complicated stuff. xD I don't need to buy a wig, luckily, because my hair pretty much looks like her's anyway, it's just the wrong colour.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

It's official, I'm gonna cosplay as Nightmare Gaz from Invader ZIM at next year's Comicon >:D !! I'm probably gonna need a purple wig, lots of hair product, a skull cap, black and white make up, clay, pink tights, grey opera gloves, a black marker, some white plastic, some wire, a short black dress, some modified hoof shoes, fake nails, rubber cement, different colored paint, and some juice boxes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast