Anyone else's family not get it? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone else's family not get it?

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone else's family not get it?

Most of my family makes fun of me for liking and playing Pokemon (the only ones that don't are the ones that play too).

Also my dad makes fun of me for liking Japanese things and my mom makes fun of me because I never read books and play video games and go on the internet instead.

Blog Entries

"Turn of that goddamn f***ing stupid show. Let's watch some Nat Geo."

"Your Pokémon bullshit is ruining your life."

"I'm gonna smash your stupid DS."

"Oh, yeah, you'll make a FORTUNE off of your DS game."

I'm in middle school. Give me a break.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

My dad doesn't get video games, period. He likes LoZ, but otherwise, nothing.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

my mom is pretty ok with my pokemon obsession/love, boarderlining on being supportive, but just so long as i'm not doing anything pokemon/fun instead of college prep shit >:| ugh. I'm just glad that back in the 90s when all that "pokemon is da devilz" craze thing was going around, my mom didn't buy into that and let me have my pokemon (though she did burn my Harry Potter books in the fireplace while i was at school...even though i only had them because i like the look of just having a book and never actually read them -_-)

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

My parents aren't all that fond of my Pokémon hobby, but it's not too extreme.

Blog Entries

Follow Egghatch on Tumblr Visit Egghatch's Youtube Channel

My siblings make fun of my obsession with Ash, and my dad doesn't like Pokémon.
    Floop.

it shouldnt matter to others of wat someone likes because of their age....liking something or a hobby shouldnt be an embarrassment, it should be gift. sadly, 3/4 of the world thinks "pokemon is for 9 year olds, being smart is nerdy, watever is popular in the world of clothing is wat everyone else should be wearing, and new music about sex, drugs, and alcohol is good music".............y cant ppl just ppl be who they want to be, and not be scared about wat others will think. it drives me insane because my family thinks im insane for liking stuff like pokemon yet its just another video game series like mario, yet mario isnt made fun of. if only the world was different and didnt relay so much on wats popular...

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Luckily, I have an open-minded and understanding family, so it's not a problem. They find it a little weird that I still like Pokémon at my age, but they don't really mind.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

If they don't "get it" they'll understand with a bit of explaining. I get the odd nickname or smirk every so often but in our family little jokes and jabs like that are universal. My parents have always said that they'd rather have me indoors on a computer, playing Pokémon or dressed up like a fictional character if it makes me happy than out on the streets or doing drugs. They're pretty accepting and will often indulge my love of Hello Kitty/Pokémon/anime/manga/gaming when buying me presents - heck, it's my seventeenth birthday now and my mother happily bought me a HK cake and candles (and a new computer to play games on, no less).

I am well aware of how lucky I am to have an accepting family in this sense.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

My parents are clueless.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    Luckily, I have an open-minded and understanding family, so it's not a problem. They find it a little weird that I still like Pokémon at my age, but they don't really mind.

Pretty much this. My dad questioned me sometimes why I liked pokemon and I just answer "I find it fun and a good timewaster."

Blog Entries

My brother love pokemon, I know this for a fact. But today I asked him if he wanted to watch the show. He declined, and when I asked him why, he said that his friends think Pokemon is stupid. He is five, and so are his friends. He still likes it but is afraid he will be laughed at.

My parents don't really care about the fact that I like Pokemon. However, my dad sometimes teases me, but he takes me to GameStop events and stuff. My mom, on the other hand, doesn't like it that much. Whenever I want to buy a new game she says something like, "Another Pokemon game? You have so many. How about you give one away, and then you can buy another one." I have to remind her that they are all different, but she doesn't really care. Both of them think that I play video games waaay too much, even though I rarely play more than two hours a day.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

My family doesn't care. As long as I'm not doing drugs, they're fine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    My parents know I like Pokemon but they don't really seem like they could care less. But I do think they wonder why I still like it at this age.
    My parents are exactly the same. Occasionly I show both of them when Pokemon are evolving, it gives me more satisfaction then them however ahaha.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

i think my parents sometimes think i'm a little weird because i like a lot of different things, and that i always love stuff like hamtaro, hello kitty, etc, but they're pretty used to it by now, especially for Pokémon XD (they all make fun of me at work though ;__; my boss hates Pokémon XD)

the best part was when my mom got me the Dialga & Palkia DS Lite for my birthday, the guy at the store was like, "oh, he'll love it!" but my mom was like "um, it's for my 18-year old daughter actually ._."
    The Togekiss likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast