I have no games other than SS so I don't know much about these tournaments I've been playing for less than a year admittedly. So what are Championship points used for?People don't hit the "Run" button to quit - they outright turn their DS systems off. Selecting "Run" will result in them receiving a loss on their record, which defeats the purpose of them rage quitting.Um plenty of people have poor wifi I know that and therefore warn everyone who I connect with that my wifi often cuts out so they know I didn't rage quit. Systems don't take that into account. Also it could tell if you hit the run button or not that could stop some of it.If you have a poor connection, don't play online. There would be no way to tell whether someone's connection drops accidentally or if it was them rage quitting, I imagine.But it needs to be able to tell if you lose your connection so there is no unfair blame.These are my biggest wants:
1) For the version masctos to not be Dragon-type.
2) For the fire starter (Assuming we're sticking with them) to not evolve into a Fire/Fighting type.
3) A better, more robust online system that can actually detect who disconnected in an online match.
4) Online communities like Mario Kart 7. Maybe even the ability to hose 8/16-people tournaments via Wi-Fi?
5) I think sprites for Pokémon are here to stay, as PMD didn't use all of the 3D models. However, I would love an overworld similar in style to Tales of the Abyss. Also, I believe a more visual-novel style for important characters' dialogue (Gym Leaders, rivals, villains etc) would be awesome. Maybe the 2D overworld sprites could be replaced with a chibi number like Bravely Default or Dragon Quest?
6) The ability to trade multiple Pokémon at once (possibly limit it to a box at a time). Or even better - an ability to simply transfer Pokémon to another game.
7) Stronger Ice-type Pokémon and physical Ice-type moves.
Still, the sheer amount of rage quitters on Wi-Fi needs to be addressed.
The biggest annoyance with people rage quitting is with the official Wi-Fi tournaments and especially now that The Pokémon Company International is offering Championship points in the Wi-Fi tournaments, the issue needs to be clamped down on very harshly.