13th August 2012, 06:38 PM #1
Join Avenue Rules (Updated 2-5-13)
1. Buy and sell at your own risk. Bulbagarden and its staff assumes absolutely no liability for money or goods lost, or any other mishap, during a transaction. DO NOT AGREE TO PURCHASE AN ITEM IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS FOR IT.
2. Do not post personal information, such as addresses, phone numbers, and payment information, publicly in the forums. It is advised that you use PayPal for transactions so that you can simply post your PayPal address, but if you are accepting payment through another method, please take it to PM's or IM's. It's recommended that you document your conversations personally until you have been paid and the seller has received their items in case there is a problem. If you are under 18, please ask your caretakers' permission before purchasing anything
3. This forum is NOT for Pokemon TCG. If you want to buy/sell/trade TCG, you may do so here! Anything else, including the games themselves, are welcome here, though.
4. If you have questions about anything, do not hesitate to contact a mod!
If you are selling things, the following MUST be included in your post:
1. A photo of the item you are selling. NOT a link to a standard photo, a photo of the exact item.
2. Price. Be sure to mention if you are willing to go lower on a price. Eventually, we would like to be able to have auctions, but for now, everything is straight sale. You may lower the price of something, but do not make it higher once someone agrees to purchase something from you. Posts show when you edit something, and you may do so to add additional photos, but please make note of it in the edit reason. The mods will be watching for this very carefully. If you are unsure of how much something is worth, it doesn't hurt to check eBay or other sellers' prices, or even ask in the general merchandise thread. All prices should be in listed in US dollars. You can use online currency calculators to determine how much this would be in your country.
3. Shipping information. Do you ship within only your country or worldwide? Postage Price Calculator This often helps to figure out how much to charge for shipping. Please also note how short or long of a time it may take you to ship things. Do not ship anything out until you have received payment.
4. It's also nice to include a short description of the item if you know enough about it. How rare is it? Where did it come from? The Pokemon Center? Nintendo World? 7-11 in Japan?
5. It's polite to let the other person know when you've shipped out their items!
When posting a WANTED thread, it is not mandatory as we understand some things are harder to locate than others, but please try to include the following:
1. A picture of the item you are looking for
2. You may also say about how much you want to pay for it, but please be aware that older merchandise can get to be very expensive. You're not going to get an authentic Vaporeon Pokedoll for $10.
3. DO NOT AGREE TO PURCHASE SOMETHING IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS. Very simple. Along the same lines, do not post simply to say that you wish you had the money, etc. You may post asking for a quote, but if you decide not to buy, PLEASE SAY SO to not leave the seller hanging.
4. Please pay promptly. This is between you and the seller, you may negotiate to pay at a later time. It is completely up to the seller as to if they will hold something for you until you can pay, or work out a payment plan if necessary.
5. It's also nice to tell the seller when you received your item.
6. If you think something that is listed may be bootleg, please contact one of the mods so they we can look in to it.
7. Do not complain about the prices in the thread. If something is too expensive for you, don't buy it, it's as simple as that.
Last edited by Araragi Hakase; 5th February 2013 at 02:10 AM.
10th November 2012, 06:40 PM #2
Re: Join Avenue Rules
I wanna make a request or wanted thread but I'm curious how to go about it? Should I just post the price that I want it for or should I leave that out?