~Insomniac's Collection~

Thread: ~Insomniac's Collection~

Won't be here too often! Insomniac's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default ~Insomniac's Collection~

I have always loved collecting Pokemon merch. The Pokedoll Palace was one of the reasons why I wanted to join because I love showing my pile of junk to others. I managed to take some pictures of what I have yesterday. Here is my junk~ (Warning: Image heavy!)

Dolls

I love collecting Pokedolls! Many of them are really cute and are so soft. The Unova starters were made by Jakks Pacific, though. Other Jakks Pacific dolls I own were a West and East Sea Shellos and a Budew, but I was... lazy to take them out. The Whimsicott, Sawk and Substitute doll were some of my most wanted plush dolls. I also have s Mienfoo Pokedoll, but we will be seeing that later.

Figures

The title says it all. There is not much to see there, but I guess I could say something 'bout that Reshiram and Empoleon. They are actually one of those figures that you must build. They start off as separate pieces when you first get it. I also have a Pikachu, Piplup, Prinplup and Victini, but they're too small and fragile that I tend to keep them in a safe environment. I found the Tepig at a second-hand shop one day, and even though it costed money, the employee gave it to me for free.

Games

We all love the games, don't we? These are all of the games I owned. On my 3DS (I got mine before Pokemon X/Y was announced. XP) is Pokedex 3D Pro and I do find it pretty useful. My 3DS also has the original Pokedex 3D. I have two Pokemon Platinum boxes, but the one absent doesn't have the cartridge in it. (I lost it.) I own Pokemon Blue (It still works!), but my brother took it to his room. I do own Pokemon Emerald, but I was too lazy to find it. The Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon don't have their cartridges in it, because some person stolen it. I own a fake Pokemon Sapphire and another Emerald, but I don't see them as genuine so I left them out in the picture.

Flats

I usually call it the other Pokemon junk I have. Yup, you can see the Eon Ticket on the left. I am dying to use it, but I can't because I previously owned Pokemon Ruby till a person stolen it. The Black Kyurem coin was for the people who pre-ordered Black 2/White 2. That Zekrom and Krookodile bead sprites were made by a lovely person on eBay. Krookodile is starting to break a little, but I don't want to get rid of these nice customs.

Other stuff

Stuff that I don't know where to put!

The top picture of the 'other stuff' section shows all of the strategy guide books I own, obviously. The guide with the Black and White Kyurem is the Collector's Edition. You get them if you have pre-ordered Black 2/White 2. I was lucky to get this lovely book. (Even though it smells like damp water...) I do have other Pokemon books and guides, but I stored away my other Pokemon guides and the other books aren't that valuable to me. :P

The second picture shows my favourite poster. It shows the female hero (Pffft, she shares the same name as I do XP) of Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs riding on one of my favourite Pokemon, Latias. I got this poster from a magazine that one of my relatives got me. I haven't played the third Pokemon Ranger, though. XP But hey, it features one of my favourite Pokemon, so that makes me happy. I do have two other Pokemon posters.

And then we have the cards. I collect cards for either no reason, for the artwork or to get a specific Pokemon card. I managed to pull these two, though, and I got them in booster packs.

Mienfoo/Mienshao Collection

This is a collection of Mienfoo/shaos! Remember How I said that I own a Mienfoo Pokedoll? You can see it on the very right. I was originally going for a Whimsicott Pokedoll, but then I changed my mind when I found that cute doll. It is the first item I owned in this collection of mine. The Mienfoo bead sprite came along with the Zekrom and Krookodile as seen earlier. The crochet Mienshao doll, charm (In front of the Mienshao plush keychain) and other Mienshao plush keychain (The one with the large eyes and no arms) were all custom-made. I managed to get these 3 pieces of art in a bunch of Mienshao items for sale on eBay.

And the second picture features an amazing Mienshao jacket and hat. I thank the creators so much for making these!

Sawk Collection

I love Sawk~ He is such a lovely Pokemon. It isn't much, but I am not planning to collect all of his merch; only the plush dolls and figures. (And some charms and customs.) There was a Sawk Pokedoll you saw earlier, but I was too lazy to move it. (Not to mention OCD. I always wash my hands before laying a finger on my Pokedolls.)

And there you have it! That is what I have. ;)

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Default Re: ~Insomniac's Collection~

Hi, and welcome!

Awww, you have a very nice collection! I love your Mienshao hoodie, that is very unique! And aw, you have a lot of really cute Pokedolls and such ;~~;

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you worn that hoodie? I'm sure it would look great at anime/ geek conventions if you haven't worn it to one already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Have you worn that hoodie? I'm sure it would look great at anime/ geek conventions if you haven't worn it to one already.
    Yup! I have worn it. I haven't worn it in an anime convention though, but I am going to in the next convention I go to.

Except... The tail of this hoodie is too long that it touches the floor.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Yup! I have worn it. I haven't worn it in an anime convention though, but I am going to in the next convention I go to.

Except... The tail of this hoodie is too long that it touches the floor.
    Ah, okay, it's great to know that you are indeed wearing it to cons! I hope you get compliments about it.

Wow, what a great collection! I really like your Mienfoo/Mienshao stuff.
    I bought a custom Croagunk hat, so I know how exciting it is to have stuff of your favorites.

Blog Entries

I am so jealous of your Whimsicott plush. That's one of the ones I really, really want. <3; And the Mienshao cosplay outfit is rockin'! Great collection!
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Great collection! Very cool meinfoo/meinshao stuff. Did you get the jacket custom made?
    I have the Jakks Oshawott and Tepig too but could never find the Snivy in my local malls. Is the jakks snivy well made?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nitsura View Post
    Great collection! Very cool meinfoo/meinshao stuff. Did you get the jacket custom made?
    I have the Jakks Oshawott and Tepig too but could never find the Snivy in my local malls. Is the jakks snivy well made?
    Yes, the Mienshao jacket is custom made~ They were made by a lovely group of jacket makers named LemonBrats. ;)

The Snivy plush is well made, I should say so myself. The leaf on his tail is rather odd, though.

Yes, the Mienshao jacket is custom made~ They were made by a lovely group of jacket makers named LemonBrats. ;)

The Snivy plush is well made, I should say so myself. The leaf on his tail is rather odd, though.

Ah cool. I will check them out. Thanks :)

How is the tail odd?

Blog Entries

Ah cool. I will check them out. Thanks :)

How is the tail odd?
    Well, I suppose the leaf on Snivy's tail looks like it can be cut or ripped off easily, and not to mention flat.

Living the Pokemon life. Jenneta's Avatar

I have the SAME Snivy figure as you. xD. The one on the little stand, that is.
    Anyways, AMAZING collection. I'm jealous of you...I only have four Pokedolls, and here you are having tons more then I have! xD Lucky Duck....
    I especially love the hoodie. :o I wonder if LemonBrats has a Darkrai/Giratina hoodie...
    LOL, anyways, back on track...You got an awesome collection. Keep building it up! :D
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth.
    Used to be Dark Type Princess~, now Jenneta and going to keep it that way. :)