I have a few questions regarding Tomy figures. Please help me!

Thread: I have a few questions regarding Tomy figures. Please help me!

Default I have a few questions regarding Tomy figures. Please help me!

I bought my first house last month and decided that the currently-empty basement is going to become my Nerd Den. Around this same time I was introduced to the Tomy line of Pokemon figures and became absolutely obsessed with getting a good collection.

Having won my first ebay auction three days ago, I've now started, but I have questions! I think I've exhausted my internet resources (bulbapedia, here, random blogs) and now I need help. First, is there a complete listing of figures from each of the 5 "sets" that I can access? The lists on bulbapedia are incomplete. Second, which of the 5 "sets" tend to be the hardest to acquire? I haven't found many of the 2nd set (the ones in boxes), and although my initial desire is to get all of the figures from '98 and '99, I plan to go for them all.

Third (and perhaps most importantly), how many different Kabuto figures has Tomy made? Was there one for their first set back in '98? Kabuto is my favorite Pokemon and it would kill me to not have one!

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Default Re: I have a few questions regarding Tomy figures. Please help me!

Tomy figures definitely are not my area of expertise, but they are made of just about every Pokemon, so I wish you luck in your collection! I swear I saw a Japanese site a while ago that listed all of the figures, but I can't seem to find it again :/

PokeVault has a decent amount of them shown, that may help you. TakaraTomy Monster Collection

I also found this site while browsing Google, it's quite an impressive collection of Tomy figures that may give you a better idea! Pokemon Collection - SilverToraGe Collections

As for Kabutops specifically, I'm not sure. I believe it may have only had one.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help ^^;

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

I'm pretty sure Kabuto has only one Tomy figure. Good luck finding one! You could also look for the kid figure, too.

y team

Tomy has made two different Kabuto figures, they are pretty much the same and identical but there is a version were the letters are imprinted and others were the letters are raised outwards, this was also common with the figures that use to come with the poke ball that snatches up pokemon such as pinsir,golduck,evee,likytonge

Hello, I don't know whether you are still collecting them or not (but since some are really hard to find...). On This site are really good pictures of alomst all Tomy Pokémon figures, it can also help you check if you have any bootlegs or not, And it is an amzing wonderfull collection: Tomy Pokemon Figures by Tomy Pokemon Collector | Collectors Quest