Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to Spot A Bootleg

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Default Re: How to Spot A Bootleg

Quote Originally Posted by pantherotter View Post
    Hey Araragi-hakase! Are you by chance a member of pkmncollectors on Livejournal? :D You seem very familiar but I cannot recall your username. ^^;

This is a very good How To guide. One of the things I hate about eBay is that if one item isn't a bootleg, a legit item is really overpriced. It's ridiculous but sometimes if you look hard enough you can find some rare gems for a great price. Still, I do all my buying on pkmncollectors, Sunyshore, animeraro, and pokevault just as a precaution to avoid these people selling bootlegs.

EDIT: Got to watch my language! XD
    Yup, my username on LJ is 'dreamaria'. I don't post much on there but I'm a member :)

And yeah, eBay is really hit or miss. In my personal experience, if there is something I REALLY want and I have the money, I buy it as soon as I see it because often times with pokemon stuff, you turn around and it's unavailable (see: the substitute plushes XD) and then go for ridiculous prices on eBay and even bidding on pkmncollectors, etc. But more often than not, most of the stuff on eBay is bootlegs, tbh :/

And no worries, you can curse here :P

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Does this Haxorus plushie exist?

If yes, but the linked plush is not legitimate, where can I get one?

If not, well, I think I'll get one from a craftmaker (think someone from deviantART, for example) instead. Anyone make them?
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Noivern View Post
    Does this Haxorus plushie exist?

If yes, but the linked plush is not legitimate, where can I get one?

If not, well, I think I'll get one from a craftmaker (think someone from deviantART, for example) instead. Anyone make them?
    I don't think the plush you linked to is legit. The only Haxorus plush I know 100% that was made is an MPC (My Pokemon Collection, by Banpresto), and those are much, much smaller, about 3-4 inches tall. Also, from looking at the seller's items, they look to be all bootlegs. The plush that are that large from the Pokemon Center are usually about $50+.

For example, this is from the same seller, and it's from Hong Kong New Pokemon Charizard Orange Dragon Vintage Plush Stuffed Doll Toy Figure Gift | eBay most definitely a bootleg. Sometimes they list their location being in the states to look more legit or something.

But anyway, here is a photo of the legit Haxorus plush, it was released in December.
    Noivern likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234