Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Perfect Proposal

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default Your Perfect Proposal

Well, I guess this thread goes to all of the girls out there who dream of having a picture perfect, romantic marriage proposal. Yeah, I know it's not the wedding, but the moment when your lover asks you to spend the rest of your life with them. If you weren't engaged, you wouldn't be getting married. XD

Anyways, what do you all hope for in that one moment?

To be honest, I don't want much. I just want to be with my special someone, just walking in the snow with them. Then, I can imagine myself being distracted myself with something when I turn around and see them on one knee, proposing to me. Of course, I would say yes, and kiss them as the snow from the sky.

...Yes, I'm a huge hopeless romantic. .___.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your Perfect Proposal

i saw this on the show Psych (terrible. don't watch it).

the main character was freaking out because someone stole his 3DS, which is completely understandable to begin with.
    but then his friend finds it and tries to turn it on an realizes that it doesn't have a battery in it. so he opens it and an engagement ring is in it ^/////^
    the sad part is that the girl he wants to give the ring to doesn't like video games (she's a cop lady person thing). but it'd be soooo adorable to just think you're getting a 3DS and then get an engagement ring along with it!! ^/////^

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess for me I want something creative. Maybe something weird. Like propose in a graveyard? I don't like to sound like a sterotypical try-hard goth, but there's poetic beauty in that. I mean, picture a beautiful graveyard. Not with a lot of foiliage, but with old-style headstones, statues, etc., and while I'm reading some of the inscriptions he'd ask me to marry him (I don't care, or really even want a ring unless it's a big deal him). Our old life would be left among the dead and we'd walk out ready to experience the next segment of our being.
    Friend Code on Soul Silver : 4813 4171 0102

Post Thanks / Like

To me, the proposal sounds more fun than the wedding. So I want to be the one who proposes.

I'll customize the proposal to whatever my partner's dream is.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a guy, but I have my proposal all planned out.

At the start of our relationship, me and my partner had some trust issues, mainly because I was a jackass before. Anyways I told her that I'd propose to her on her 23rd birthday, whilst we were travelling Europe. Now I'm not one for breaking promises, so I'm sticking to it. I intend to be in Norway or Switzerland with her around the time of her birthday, and to be snowboarding. I then want to see a faint red sky, sitting and looking over a small village below, and pop the question..

How does it sound?

^~^ Fab's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If I was to be proposed too I wouldn't want in a restaurant or something, I'd like to be alone with them so we could share the special moment with just the two of us. I'm a lesbian so I'm not sure if my girlfriend would go down on one knee, she's hardly masculine were both fairly girly.

We'll sort it out when it comes to it.

Jonathan
    Badges: 1
    Current Y Team

(av & sig source)

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

At home, without other people. I think it's more romantic than being in a crowded room, since it's just us two. I'd write a note that said "Wanna get married?" and pass it along to whoever I'm proposing to. They can get back to it whenever.

I would like marriage, but I don't like mushy stuff.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

I'd like it to be something with some creativity. Something that relates to the both of us, not some cliche or something they saw someone do in a movie or TV sitcom. Like the whole slipping the ring in a glass at a fancy restaurant, or just walking to a random park and popping the question. Bleh. Just something special to us.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

I don't want it to be in public. That would be totally embarrassing. I'd rather have it at my or their house, with one of those stereotypical "romantic dinner" things everyone talk about. Really simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I agree with ^OverlordRuby. I don't want anything public - no events, no special surprises that includes loads of people watching us. It's embarrassing, and I'd probably just run away and ruin everything. I just want a quiet proposal with just me and my future groom-to-be. I prefer the proposal to be done around the evening or late afternoon, but nothing too predictable. Of course, it has to be special - a moment to remember. I have a few places in mind where I'd like the proposal to occur - a quiet library, my house, a quiet botanic garden, or a quiet riverside park. Yes - it HAS TO BE QUIET.

I don't mean to sound biased, but as a girl, I can't imagine myself proposing to my future groom-to-be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    I don't mean to sound biased, but as a girl, I can't imagine myself proposing to my future groom-to-be.
    I've always wondered what the symbolism is behind the guy proposing...

Post Thanks / Like

This is coming from an idea I had when I was 1, but I always thought that someone should put a ring in the middle of a packet of love hearts (sweets) and when the person eats the sweets and get the the ring, the other person says "will you marry me". Now how good is that :P

EDIT: Haha, didnt read the "girls thoughts bit". Im a guy so my bad :\

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would like it really simple. Just at home, sitting on the sofa all comfortable. My future groom - to - be wouldn't even have to get on one knee. It would just be really normal, maybe even natural.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My proposal has to be somewhere private like a room of a house/apartment, where no one is around but me and my future gf/wife.

Knock 'em Out Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

I'm a simple person so I'd be happy with something simple. Though being asked on a Saturday night while watching tv with my sweetheart won't cut it (even though I'd prob still say yes to it anyways), but instead if I come home to him on like my birthday and he's cooked for the two of us and then asks, I'd be overjoyed with that.

...Okay I guess it's not that simple, but I want something with a little effort. ;P

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Trade ShopArt Gallery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast