Would you date someone if they had had a sex change?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you date someone if they had had a sex change?

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Default Would you date someone if they had had a sex change?

?

I'd find it weird. If they told me like before I knew them then I'd be inclined not to.

What if dated someone then down the line told you they had had a sex change?

I'd prolly get over it I guess if it was the latter.

Default Re: Would you date someone if they had had a sex change?

I would most definitely date someone regardless of what's in their pants. For me, attraction is not based on body parts. And as a transgender person -- not all trans people get sex changes, js.
    I'll keep on moving straight ahead!

Happy Holidays! CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

No. Without sexual attraction it's pretty much just friendship and a lot of the time friendships are actually better and last longer so I don't see the reason for staying in a 'relationship' with that person. I certainly wouldn't turn my back on them but it would ruin any physical attraction.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

☭ The Great Uniter ☭ Mißingnåen's Avatar
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

yes
    Fyrirgefðu

Blog Entries

No. Because I only romantically like humans that are born female (as in stay as they where born) and are in my age group.
    I am one of the dark things that crawled out of the Pit

Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

As this thread concerns personal dating preferences and not in any particular way sports, news, science, or politics, it has been moved to Support and Advice.

It wouldn't bother me unless the person wasn't upfront about it. I feel like the person has an obligation to say that they're transgender no later than the second date if the person isn't aware.

I could still totally date them if they're a cool person. A sex change doesn't mean a person change, y'know? I can see why people feel uncomfortable about it, though.

Blog Entries
    Add Pokemoll on Facebook

Without any shadow of a doubt I would. I literally couldn't care less about their gender as long as I loved them.

Blog Entries

To me, simply dating a person is only about whether or not I like the personality of the person I'm dating. I don't really care what they were in the past because as long as I like the present them that's all that matters.

snorlax | rest | dark aura | stick | tea | one-shot | poetry

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No. I'll live and let live, that's just not the life for me.

My partner is a cis male. If he told me he identified as a woman, then my partner is a woman and shall be addressed as such. I would still love her, although I might struggle with it at first because I'm generally more attracted to men. If my partner identified as a woman and got surgery, I would still love them of course, but getting used to the change would probably take some time. Honestly, I don't know how I'd react, but in my case I probably won't ever encounter it.
    nothing but net

Blog Entries

As long as the ass is phat, I dun care if my partner's a dude, dudette, or any combination. Like, it's 2014. All that anyone cares about these days is if the ass is phat.

Realtalk, though? Not really. I mean, appearance is still a factor, but if I see a hot guy or hot chick, what do I care if they used to be one or the other?

I'd be bothered they didn't tell me first, though, And want to know why they didn't feel comfortable letting me know.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 8th November 2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

http://everythingsmagic.boards.net

Happy Holidays Everyone! aliveatnight's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow aliveatnight On Twitter

No, I wouldn't care. But then again, I could care less about looks if I care for a person.
    However, if it was kept from me, now that would be a problem. I don't like secrets being kept from me.

My Pokémon Blog
    Claims: Akihiko Sanada (Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Arena), Sif (Dark Souls), Evoker (Persoma 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable), Greatsheild of Artorias (Dark Souls), Nightingale Bow (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

Quote Originally Posted by carameldata View Post
    My partner is a cis male. If he told me he identified as a woman, then my partner is a woman and shall be addressed as such. I would still love her, although I might struggle with it at first because I'm generally more attracted to men. If my partner identified as a woman and got surgery, I would still love them of course, but getting used to the change would probably take some time. Honestly, I don't know how I'd react, but in my case I probably won't ever encounter it.
    Pretty much this. Loving someone for who they are and embracing them wholly is the most important thing in the world to me. I've spent my entire life helping and caring for transgender individuals, so if my boyfriend suddenly identified as female, and sought to get a sex change, I'd immediately swap all pronouns and help her to achieve her goals, with all of the intimate knowledge and experience I have at my disposal. Doubtlessly, there may be difficulties adjusting to what is and isn't there, and personal needs on both sides, as well as the massive shift in personality that hormone replacement therapy can induce... but they would still be them. And I would love them.

I think is kind of silly to even ponder the question of someone getting a sex change while in the middle of a relationship in a manner that seems out of the blue. While plenty of transgender individuals are more closeted due to social or economical realities, when it comes to relationships, many try their best to be honest about their desires and who they really are. Some don't realise their transgender reality until later in life, but at least in my experience, most who haven't connected the dots as a child do so around university age, and only pre-existing relationships tend to constrain them at that point, or as in the case of many 40 to 60 year old transgender people, societal and technological limitations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast