SUPPORT: Who Suffers From Mental Illness? - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

Follow bluestarfish on Tumblr

Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

I've got Major Depressive Disorder, and Mathmatics Disorder (only minor)

Oddly enough I didn't blip for anxiety when I finally decided to get a full assessment, but I did get a PTSD false positive, I had been diagnosed with acute anxiety disorder before though so I don't really know, I think it comes and goes dependent on how bad my depression is at the time, and whether I'm being put under stress. And during the month of my assessment, there wasn't a whole lot of stress inducing things for me.

All I have to say is, for those who are being medicated for Depression or Anxiety or might be in the future, if it isn't working just remember it takes time, and sometimes it can take several tries before finding a medication that will even work. I'm not currently taking anything (because I can't afford to visit a psychiatrist, or pay for many different types of medications) but while I was still in school I went through 3 or 4 medications for the depression alone before I found one that worked (for a while at least). Don't be afraid to ask to change doctors either if you feel that the one you're seeing isn't being sensitive to your needs. (I once had one that just asked me the most basic questions to make sure I wasn't becoming dependent and nothing about how my moods have been and such, I got my doctor changed almost immediately).

Oh yeah. This guy does. *raises both hands* I've been diagnosed with general anxiety, Asperger's syndrome, and depression. Take it from me: it's not a fun combination. I mean, medication. I'm sure most of us here understand this. Like, I recently started on meds and they only make me MORE depressed. Thanks a lot, you stupid half-pill.
    of course we all know unova is the best region ever
    black: 3097 1144 1525
    white 2: 4342 6596 9987

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by no_way_back View Post
    Oh yeah. This guy does. *raises both hands* I've been diagnosed with general anxiety, Asperger's syndrome, and depression. Take it from me: it's not a fun combination. I mean, medication. I'm sure most of us here understand this. Like, I recently started on meds and they only make me MORE depressed. Thanks a lot, you stupid half-pill.
    I have all three, it did take a while for the depression medication to actually make an effect on me, but right no without it I do crash. Just keep taking it and you will see how it does make you better. You aren't going to wake up one day on top of the world, but you will feel balanced and stable.
    maglev is invisible

Quote Originally Posted by Maglev View Post
    I have all three, it did take a while for the depression medication to actually make an effect on me, but right no without it I do crash. Just keep taking it and you will see how it does make you better. You aren't going to wake up one day on top of the world, but you will feel balanced and stable.
    Thanks. I know it takes a while to kick in, but I don't particularly like feeling like crap in the meantime :P It kinda sucks how I was starting to get better with the help of therapy and stuff and then they put me on this and now I'm almost back where I started, though.
    of course we all know unova is the best region ever
    black: 3097 1144 1525
    white 2: 4342 6596 9987

Blog Entries

I think I may have anxiety disorder. I get very afraid a lot, and sometimes I get so scared I don't want to move because I'm afraid something bad would happen to me. I also feel like I have this jerky, annoying guy in the back of my brain that puts scary thoughts into my head, and thinks the opposite of what I think. I think it might have even talked to me once. Generally, it tries (and thankfully fails) to force me to think certain ways. One thing I remember it saying is "I know you're gay, but I'm going to keep insulting you, and try to force you to be straight." I think I have severe mental issues if there's a guy that hates me that is talking to me in my mind.
    My GPX+
    My 3DS FC is 5412-9933-2792.
    DON'T
    like my posts. It just annoys me.

Registered User Angelic Gardevoir's Avatar

Follow Angelic Gardevoir on Tumblr

Generalized Anxiety Disorder (well I'm not sure that's entirely correct but it's the closest they could come up with) and depression sufferer here. I've been taking meds for anxiety since I was six. ...I couldn't make this up if I tried. Only a few things seem to set me off (school/insecurities about my intelligence, money, thinking I'm a bad person, or just overthinking about certain things that may disturb me), but once the anxiety is set off, it's hard to stop. I cry and have suicidal thoughts that I'm too chicken to actually act on.

Yet unless you caught me in one of my crying spells, you wouldn't be able to guess that I had anxiety problems. (Though the people I went to school with definitely know...since I cried a lot. It was an achievement if I could go an entire week without crying at school.)
    Last edited by Angelic Gardevoir; 11th March 2014 at 02:36 PM.

"Aphrodite Lady" LavenderTownGhost's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I suffer from quite a few of the same things you do, OP. I have anxiety surrounding the nighttime because I have always struggled with insomnia and a couple of times it got very severe. I've dealt with bipolar depression since middle school but am on medications for it which help tremendously. I am also currently dealing with PTSD due to some trauma with medical experiences and chemotherapy, and Body Dysmorphic Disorder, which I've always had. I am going to start therapy for the latter two conditions soon.
    "Every day is Halloween!"

"I look spooky, but I'm really nice!" -Sharon Needles

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456