SUPPORT: Who Suffers From Mental Illness? - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

  1. #31
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,541
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    Quote Originally Posted by chibichernikova View Post
    Most of the time I can keep it down, but there are just some days when it surges back up and I can't do anything except cry all day and feel absolutely miserable.
    I know that feeling :( I'm on antidepressants, I'm better than I was, but I'm not happy. Just inbetween.
    maglev is invisible

  2. #32
    My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My secret wonderland
    Posts
    30,790
    Blog Entries
    247
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    As some of you know (well, a few know anyways lol), I suffer from an anxiety disorder, and manic depression. I've dealt with it ever since I was a small child. Everyday, I feel like something is wrong with me. I feel like if people knew the real me, they would run from me and consider me 'damaged' or 'broken'. Yes, I am these things, but I'm still me. As of November, my anxiety has returned and has with a vengeance. It haunts me. I can't watch TV hardly anymore or get on facebook, or even be "normal". Everything has gotten to the point of scaring me. I don't want to go to work anymore. All I want to do is hide in my room, where I feel safe. Even then, I don't feel safe.

    I have fears of the unknowns of life. I have a fear that in the end, everything I've been through in life will be for nothing that in the afterlife, I'll rot in Hell. It's crazy, and yes, I'm religious. (Please don't make a debate on this. I'm just stating an example. ^^; ) I use my Christian bond with God to try and help my anxiety. It helps short-term, but not permanent. Someone once told me that this was my "thing" in life, and honestly, I don't want it. I want to be able to be normal, be free... but I can't. I feel like I'm in a prison that I can't escape. I wouldn't be surprised if I died early in my 20s due to how bad my anxiety is. (Not by suicide, but natural causes)

    For anyone who has anxiety issues, can you list some ways to cope? Make the anxious feelings go away??


    (Note: Here's my blog where I talk more about my anxiety disorder.

    Dealing with a anxiety/panic disorder - Blogs - Bulbagarden Forums )

  3. #33
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,541
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    All I want to do is hide in my room, where I feel safe. Even then, I don't feel safe.
    Ugh, I know that all too well. I only feel safe and secure when I'm in my bedroom. I can actually calm down. I don't know how to cope with anxiety other than not getting into situations which cause anxiety, i.e. everything. I'm just a nervous wreck all the time. I also have that fear of the unknown. Interacting with people I don't know, talking about pretty much anything that has caused me stress or anxiety, for example jobs. I don't really cope well with people. I'm gonna start counselling soon, try get some help.
    maglev is invisible

  4. #34
    My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My secret wonderland
    Posts
    30,790
    Blog Entries
    247
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    All I want to do is hide in my room, where I feel safe. Even then, I don't feel safe.
    Ugh, I know that all too well. I only feel safe and secure when I'm in my bedroom. I can actually calm down. I don't know how to cope with anxiety other than not getting into situations which cause anxiety, i.e. everything. I'm just a nervous wreck all the time. I also have that fear of the unknown. Interacting with people I don't know, talking about pretty much anything that has caused me stress or anxiety, for example jobs. I don't really cope well with people. I'm gonna start counselling soon, try get some help.
    I tried counseling, and it only helped in the short term. Of course, I'd still try it again. I had a good therapist who actually helped me so much, but she quit her job. :< So, I just try to handle my anxiety on my own.

  5. #35
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,541
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    All I want to do is hide in my room, where I feel safe. Even then, I don't feel safe.
    Ugh, I know that all too well. I only feel safe and secure when I'm in my bedroom. I can actually calm down. I don't know how to cope with anxiety other than not getting into situations which cause anxiety, i.e. everything. I'm just a nervous wreck all the time. I also have that fear of the unknown. Interacting with people I don't know, talking about pretty much anything that has caused me stress or anxiety, for example jobs. I don't really cope well with people. I'm gonna start counselling soon, try get some help.
    I tried counseling, and it only helped in the short term. Of course, I'd still try it again. I had a good therapist who actually helped me so much, but she quit her job. :< So, I just try to handle my anxiety on my own.
    Whatever works the best for you :)

    I don't like knowing I'm not well, the constant thoughts of how depressed I am, day dream visions of cutting holes into my arms, flinging myself into traffic. I hate being depressed, I hate living with it. I'm on medication which has done fuck all to improve me.
    maglev is invisible

  6. #36
    My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My secret wonderland
    Posts
    30,790
    Blog Entries
    247
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    All I want to do is hide in my room, where I feel safe. Even then, I don't feel safe.
    Ugh, I know that all too well. I only feel safe and secure when I'm in my bedroom. I can actually calm down. I don't know how to cope with anxiety other than not getting into situations which cause anxiety, i.e. everything. I'm just a nervous wreck all the time. I also have that fear of the unknown. Interacting with people I don't know, talking about pretty much anything that has caused me stress or anxiety, for example jobs. I don't really cope well with people. I'm gonna start counselling soon, try get some help.
    I tried counseling, and it only helped in the short term. Of course, I'd still try it again. I had a good therapist who actually helped me so much, but she quit her job. :< So, I just try to handle my anxiety on my own.
    Whatever works the best for you :)

    I don't like knowing I'm not well, the constant thoughts of how depressed I am, day dream visions of cutting holes into my arms, flinging myself into traffic. I hate being depressed, I hate living with it. I'm on medication which has done fuck all to improve me.
    Meds have actually helped me until recently. I've been on medication since I was 12, so I think my body has just gotten too used to the medicine for it to work.

  7. #37
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,541
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    All I want to do is hide in my room, where I feel safe. Even then, I don't feel safe.
    Ugh, I know that all too well. I only feel safe and secure when I'm in my bedroom. I can actually calm down. I don't know how to cope with anxiety other than not getting into situations which cause anxiety, i.e. everything. I'm just a nervous wreck all the time. I also have that fear of the unknown. Interacting with people I don't know, talking about pretty much anything that has caused me stress or anxiety, for example jobs. I don't really cope well with people. I'm gonna start counselling soon, try get some help.
    I tried counseling, and it only helped in the short term. Of course, I'd still try it again. I had a good therapist who actually helped me so much, but she quit her job. :< So, I just try to handle my anxiety on my own.
    Whatever works the best for you :)

    I don't like knowing I'm not well, the constant thoughts of how depressed I am, day dream visions of cutting holes into my arms, flinging myself into traffic. I hate being depressed, I hate living with it. I'm on medication which has done fuck all to improve me.
    Meds have actually helped me until recently. I've been on medication since I was 12, so I think my body has just gotten too used to the medicine for it to work.
    No idea if that's possible, maybe. I only recently started antidepressants, a little over a month I think, have seen little difference, somedays are better than others, but I was like that before medication.
    maglev is invisible

  8. #38
    My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My secret wonderland
    Posts
    30,790
    Blog Entries
    247
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    Well, it took me like 6 months before I noticed a difference. But it was such a low dosage as well.

  9. #39
    Platypus Saleswoman Ahnyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    572
    Blog Entries
    5

    Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    I have social anxiety and depression. I tried taking medicine, and it only made things worse... I started seeing a psychologist recently, but I have a feeling he won't be able to help very much. :s



  10. #40
    You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, land of OJ and AC
    Posts
    6,072
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    I more than likely have both Asperger's syndrome and depression. That's a fun combination, huh?
    Niji likes this.

  11. #41
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,541
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    I more than likely have both Asperger's syndrome and depression. That's a fun combination, huh?
    Not particularly xD
    maglev is invisible

  12. #42
    You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, land of OJ and AC
    Posts
    6,072
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    I more than likely have both Asperger's syndrome and depression. That's a fun combination, huh?
    Not particularly xD
    No, Fab, you're right. It's almost unbearably painful at times. It's not fun at all, in any way, and it can drain the fun out of anything it feels like.

  13. #43
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,541
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fabfab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    I more than likely have both Asperger's syndrome and depression. That's a fun combination, huh?
    Not particularly xD
    No, Fab, you're right. It's almost unbearably painful at times. It's not fun at all, in any way, and it can drain the fun out of anything it feels like.
    I know it exactly, man. All the happiness, fun, pleasure is just zapped from you.
    maglev is invisible

  14. #44
    What? Ebail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    9,175
    Blog Entries
    72

    Follow Ebail on Tumblr

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    I have minor depression. I don't take anything for it, or anything.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

  15. #45
    Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

    I have Major Depressive Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, as well as some anxiety that is mainly tied to those two. I'm working through them though: I'm on medication (still working towards finding the right dosage) and seeing a counselor weekly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    For anyone who has anxiety issues, can you list some ways to cope? Make the anxious feelings go away??
    I had pretty bad anxiety a couple years ago tied to fears of embarrassing myself in public. I'd be anxious about getting sick or upset in public, which would make me feel ill when I was out in public, and then I'd get anxious that I was feeling sick/getting upset in public. A self-prophecizing and self-feeding cycle.

    What helped was telling myself stuff like this: "So what if I feel ill, I can just go to the restroom if I need to. And if I were to somehow have an incident and a stranger had a problem with that, fuck them."

    Also, I came to the realization that what I thought must be really obvious to other people (when I was having an anxiety attack, I would be so worried that it would be plain as day to everyone else), no one even noticed. When I told one of my close friends and a few of my coworkers what I was going through, they were surprised. I think we often are so busy with our own lives to notice how others, particularly strangers, are behaving.

    For my latest anxiety attack, which was two weeks ago, I found this helped: If I found myself starting an anxious train of thought (which usually starts with "What if..."), I'd say "Stop. You will beat this. You will beat this. You will beat this. You've dealt with worse before. You will beat this."

    Not sure if this helps at all, but you could try repeating various things in your mind when you are experiencing anxiety and see if there is something that seems to click for you.
    Last edited by Luminosity; 24th January 2013 at 10:40 PM.
    maglev and Megane like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •