SUPPORT: Who Suffers From Mental Illness? - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

Default Re: Who Suffers From Mental Illness?

I'm currently in a funny little eating-disorder-oriented mental-hospital-slash-crazy-kid-boot-camp for anorexia and depression. I don't think it's really helping - the detachment from my prior life is a dreadful thing to confront every waking day.
    why herro again pokemon, it's been too long
    H. | 15 | stuck in hospital so forgive laggy replies ;~;

Been diagnosed with ADHD since I was in the third grade. I used to have depression brought on from ADHD but my life has become a bit more stable so I don't have as many things to be negative about. I definitely feel for those of you in this thread. Being diagnosed is a tough situation to be in, not to mention ensuring that you have good health insurance in order to cover all of the doctor visits and medication that go along with that. Right now with my ADHD and my other health problems I probably spend around 200-300 a month on just the medication and doctor visits.
    PSN:DCCBruceWayneSAS
    Add me if you like!

Blog Entries

^ Yeah I'm glad I don't have to go to the doctor much anymore. I'm still taking medication though, even though it doesn't seem to help at all anymore. I don't really want to bring it up with my family right now though since we are going through other issues that are more important.

The biggest problem for me right now with my anxiety is my fear of leaving my house. I have been home for the past 10 days except for an appointment with an oral surgeon (I feel safe around doctors so it wasn't a problem going there). But school is going to start again on monday and my mom is out of town which makes me feel even more uneasy about leaving. I'm just really becoming afraid of the entire outside world. I've already tried talking to my mother about it, but she doesn't understand the severity of my fear. To be honest I don't even understand it anymore. It's just there and I can't get rid of it.

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

I have Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD, although those are comparatively minor. I also have some level of social anxiety (and anxiety in general) that's magnified by my AS' crippling of my social skills.

Blog Entries

Follow Dashie on Tumblr

I suffer from severe depression, and possible schizophrenia. I also self harm.. if that's okay for me to say. I've never been diagnosed with these. But I've been severely depressed for almost two years or so, and I hear, well...voices.. sometimes. It scares me. I'm not really getting any help or anything anymore for my depression. I should. But..I'm scared to.
    Anyways I'll stop going on and on. Ya heard what cha needed to hear.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I have depression that comes and goes. It sometimes takes very little to trigger it. I also have anxiety, often times I get worked up over pretty trivial things and will get really anxious. I havent been diagnosed with any kind of anxiety disorder though. My mom also thinks I have Asperger's Syndrome and has said a fair few times that I should be tested for it, but Ive never been tested for it or even sought out any testing. I took medicine for my depression as a teenager but it really didnt work and just made me feel like crap instead of helping me. I also have some paranoia,not sure if that classifies as mental illness. It was fairly hard for me to admit I have these problems, but there you have it. I thought sharing them might help me.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 28th November 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I have ADHD and have known that I had it since 1st grade. I was taking medicine for it but I've haven't taken any in years. It's mainly cause I've forgotten to take it and we can't afford to keep getting refills. Though it's gotten to a point where I don't really need it. It's may not as strong it was as maybe 10 years ago, but I still have moments where I drift off or not know what's going on. It still affects my learning too a little. I can tend to get distracted easily and forget things.I could also have social anxiety but I'm not sure. It's hard for me to talk to people often and my conversations are always awkward, though that could just be social awkwardness and part of me being shy.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

I'm bipolar, and that was diagnosed about five or so years ago. I also suffer from social anxiety, which is connected highly to my minor panic and anxiety attacks that occur at random moments. On top of that, I've been confirmed to suffer from minor depression, though it's nothing much at all (usually the fact I change moods so often can make me seem like my depression is just me being down). I don't take medication for any of these, however. Technically, I should take medication for my anxiety attacks, but I'm afraid of tablets (Gee, they can't even prescribe a 13 year old girl some proper medicine) and I don't really like talking to, well, anyone about any of my problems. My mother actually refused to believe my doctor hen he diagnosed me as bipolar (grade 2), and having social anxiety. It took a lot for her to come round and accept I wasn't the perfect daughter she needed me to be.
    Last edited by Cariad; 30th November 2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Niji likes this.

Blog Entries

I have seasonal affective disorder or SAD for short. During the winter months, if we go for a spate of time without a lot of sunshine, I have little energy, my appetite crashes, I get depressed and I can sleep for 16 to 18 hours a day. It's manageable with light therapy so I have a couple of full spectrum bulbs here in the house; those things are a god-send.

In the grand scheme of things, I am very lucky and I know it: my condition is manageable. But it irritates me to no end that there are people who think "Oh, it's just in your head. If you smile more and quit whining everything will get better!" Yeah, it doesn't really work that way, you know. (And someone I know who swore up and down that SAD didn't exist was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which was a nonexistent disease years ago. Yeah, talk about frustrating.)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Follow Dashie on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    I have seasonal affective disorder or SAD for short. During the winter months, if we go for a spate of time without a lot of sunshine, I have little energy, my appetite crashes, I get depressed and I can sleep for 16 to 18 hours a day. It's manageable with light therapy so I have a couple of full spectrum bulbs here in the house; those things are a god-send.

In the grand scheme of things, I am very lucky and I know it: my condition is manageable. But it irritates me to no end that there are people who think "Oh, it's just in your head. If you smile more and quit whining everything will get better!" Yeah, it doesn't really work that way, you know. (And someone I know who swore up and down that SAD didn't exist was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which was a nonexistent disease years ago. Yeah, talk about frustrating.)
    My mom has SAD. A few years ago, when I lived in a different house and a different town and everything, my mom would always get so depressed by the time winter came around. She wouldn't get up or do anything around the house. She eventually learned how to control it now and it's a lot better now!

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

I got diagnosed with OCD back in 2007. My senior year of high school was torture.. I was so anxious and worried about germs and thinking I caught this disease for no reason at all.

It's pretty controlled nowadays. I stopped taking Prozac earlier this year and I've been doing better. I still have my moments of repeating, like making sure the door is locked, checking the stove, ect. It's pretty embarrassing, but eh.

I still do suffer from bad anxiety attacks though.

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Last year this month, I had off and on panic attacks coming out of the blue. I'm on an antidepressant right now, and save for a panic episode a few months ago, I'm doing well now.

My mom looked it up online, and an article mentioned a connection between panic attacks and the autism spectrum. That shocked me, especially since I'm an autistic myself, and never had a bad case like this ever in my life.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Long story time

I suffer from Asperger's Syndrome, and from seeing the other posts, I'm glad it's not just me. When I was a kid I always knew I was different from the other kids. I always wanted to be by myself and play with a long string (any type of string). I still play with a string to this day. I feel like nobody in my family cares about me. I wish there would be somebody who could care about me (I'm Gay by the way, so going through school was not easy.) I've thought about cutting and committing suicide. I attempted that once 3 years ago by popping pills (my anti-depressants), and it didn't work. Some days are better than others. Like some days I'm all happy and love life and others I feel like the world would be a better place if I wasn't here.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I was diagnosed with depression when I was 8, and that was 12 years ago. I think I do still have it, though I've learned how to manage it (mostly). Most of the time I can keep it down, but there are just some days when it surges back up and I can't do anything except cry all day and feel absolutely miserable.
    Niji likes this.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by chibichernikova View Post
    I was diagnosed with depression when I was 8, and that was 12 years ago. I think I do still have it, though I've learned how to manage it (mostly). Most of the time I can keep it down, but there are just some days when it surges back up and I can't do anything except cry all day and feel absolutely miserable.
    Have you considered going to the doctor about this? Or seeing a therapist?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast