DISCUSSION: What's your view on sex? - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: What's your view on sex?

Gotta Whiscash 'em All! IAmWhiscash's Avatar

Default Re: What's your view on sex?

I think sex is a great way to emotionally and physically bond with someone, and that's how I view it when me and my fiance have sex.

I have no problem with one-night-stands and non-romantic sex, though. It's your body, do what you want with it. Just be ready to accept the consequences and don't hurt anybody else in the process.

White: 4170-6754-9631

Follow Aulos on Tumblr

I believe sex is probably best to have with somebody you love and you could see being with forever. I was raised by parents who firmly believe in waiting until marriage, but somewhere down the line I lightened up on the issue. Perhaps because, well, what if I can't get married to my partner because I live in a state that doesn't believe in equality (which I do. =/)? Although, I do have to say that's probably not the reason I lightened up, I just came to a point where I saw no reason in believing we should have to wait until marriage. For a while, I thought that at the point of being engaged was better, not now I don't even know that I'll hold myself to those standards. However, I still believe in waiting until it's with somebody I love, and could see myself being engaged to.

For others, I'm a lot more liberal. I really don't care what they do in the bedroom. It's not my business. I don't believe in holding others up to the standards I have, because they are mine and mine alone.
    ~~

Fox Witch of Red Arylett Dawnsborough's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eh, sex is sex. I don't see anything wrong with it at all, and think it is far too demonized in society than it needs to be. (Probably in part due to certain religious beliefs that have pervaded throughout modern times. I'm not implying that religion's bad or anything though. Don't wanna open that can of worms. @_@) The fact that it's more taboo than violence is something I find both crazy and strange. To me, it's just a natural process that humans, like every other animal, do to procreate and make more young. They just like to make such a big deal out of it. I just say let other people do whatever they want with themselves and their own preferences, and don't judge them for it.

Though to me, it is a big deal. But not in a bad way. I wouldn't go around just doing it with anyone because I'm very private about my body, and self-conscious. It's something I'd rather do with someone I trust. As many have said, one lifetime partner would be preferable. I do think that it's an important aspect of relationships and can make and break some of them. To me, all they really are are just friendship with sex and an agreement to be mostly monogamous anyway. Also, it's a great way to have fun and awesome stress relief.

Mörë kvlt thän thöv Kane Dunestorm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kane Dunestorm On Twitter Add Kane Dunestorm on Facebook Add Kane Dunestorm on Google+
    Add Kane Dunestorm on Linkedin Follow Kane Dunestorm on Tumblr Follow Kane Dunestorm on Flickr Visit Kane Dunestorm's Youtube Channel

While I do agree that it is a great way of figuring out whether you are truly compatible with someone, and don't believe that it should be saved for marriage, I still think that it is a pretty big deal and shouldn't be taken incredibly lightly. Not because of the taboos and such, but because of the emotions that come with it. One night stands are not really my thing - if you like it, that's fine, but I don't believe in sleeping with someone after just meeting them, let alone meeting them for that reason and then forgetting about them afterwards. Also, I do believe that you shouldn't just have sex with someone willy-nilly, but you need to make sure that they are the right person for it. When I lost my virginity to my ex, I will admit that it felt good at first, and I had no regrets even after I first dumped her. But now that I look back upon it, I realize that I probably should have resisted, and that she played with my head and forced me into giving in. It sucks.

YouTube | Tumblr | Dunestorm.com
    I play Pokémon Y! My Friend Code is: 4983-5814-6366

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

Sex is a powerful thing. It can drive you insane with despair or with elation. With all the crazy things sex can do to people, honestly I do think it's a horribly negative thing outside of a healthy monogamous relationship. I never had a very positive sexual encounter though, so I could just be biased.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

gone.
    Blog Entries

Visit Lord Apex's Youtube Channel

There's not a lot you can do about it. If it weren't for sex you wouldn't be typing.
    But remember, everyone has a choice.

Claims Lightning and Isaac Clarke

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

That isn't necessarily true. Surrogacy, in vitro fertilization, and sperm donation are all ways you could have a child without sexual activity.
    xoddf2 likes this.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

I don't think it really matters and that people can do whatever they like provided everyone involved consents to it and is into whatever is happening. How much meaning you ascribe to it, what activities you enjoy, and so on are all between you and the people or person you have sex with. As long as you're being mindful of your partner(s) and it's a safe and enjoyable thing for everyone then that's great. And if you don't want to have sex, that's great too.

And that's my view on sex in a 101 version.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789