DISCUSSION: What's your view on sex? - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 128
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: What's your view on sex?

  1. #31
    RAGE MODE: ON R0-S3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    53

    Follow R0-S3 on Tumblr

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    I’m an asexual, of the ‘no seriously I don’t get what the big deal is’ variety. I’m personally repulsed by the idea of engaging in the act, but that’s more to do with the fact that I don’t like being in physical contact with people in general (and I absolutely can’t stand anything involving bodily fluids and the exchange of them) than there being anything about sex in particular which repels me.

    I like describing sex in terms of food, so sex, to me, is like pizza: I don’t like it, I think it’s gross and goopy and smells bad, but I guess other people must like it and I’m fine with that. It doesn’t bother me when people do it (although I’d prefer them not to do it while I’m in the room), and I’ve no objection to discussing it with people provided they’re fine with listening to an outsider’s view.
    Jack Pschitt and Reila like this.
    I have an art thread!

  2. #32
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,663
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    If you're planning to have children, it's a blissful thing to do - it means trying to conceive a child naturally, and it certainly is a beautiful cooperation between married couples. Let's be realistic here - our parents had sex to give birth to us, and they wanted us. Isn't that a good way to view sex as it is?

  3. #33
    Paint it black OverlordRuby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Where idiots reign
    Posts
    779
    Blog Entries
    121
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    I will only have sex after I am married to someone. It's too dangerous, otherwise, with STDs and AIDS and virginity and other stuff I feel embarrassed to talk about. But some people in my grade, and most definitely in younger grades, have already done it and it scares me... :/

  4. #34
    Formerly woddfellow2 xoddf2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    112
    Follow xoddf2 On Twitter
    Visit xoddf2's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jo The Marten View Post
    [...] I still say you should perhaps look into more official documents, like a book or an .edu or .gov based website or even talking to a physician, instead of a .com or .org website. You're fine to not want to take part, just make sure it's for the right reasons, and not because of some random post you happened to read online.
    (emphasis mine)
    I just remembered that Science Discovers the Physiological Value of Continence was originally a book...
    xoddf2 | http://wlair.us.to/ | PGP: 20EB90D3

  5. #35
    Calm Gardevoir Raine Caulwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    An apartment in Hearthome City
    Posts
    113
    Blog Entries
    16
    Follow Raine Caulwell On Twitter

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    Quote Originally Posted by R0-S3 View Post
    I’m an asexual, of the ‘no seriously I don’t get what the big deal is’ variety. I’m personally repulsed by the idea of engaging in the act, but that’s more to do with the fact that I don’t like being in physical contact with people in general (and I absolutely can’t stand anything involving bodily fluids and the exchange of them) than there being anything about sex in particular which repels me.

    I like describing sex in terms of food, so sex, to me, is like pizza: I don’t like it, I think it’s gross and goopy and smells bad, but I guess other people must like it and I’m fine with that. It doesn’t bother me when people do it (although I’d prefer them not to do it while I’m in the room), and I’ve no objection to discussing it with people provided they’re fine with listening to an outsider’s view.
    I was asexual for the longest time myself. Then again, I also had a really late and weird puberty, and it never really kicked in right until I was 19. In fact, you can see it in my language still as I still use the term sexy in very odd and different ways (as in I never understood and still primarily don't understand the term sexy as sexually titillating).

    Magmarashi: STDs really aren't all that bad. These days, aside for HIV, at most, they are annoying. Even HIV has been cured multiple times in germany, albeit it's extremely expensive and excrutiatingly (I hate you spell check, work) painful (spoilers: it involves replacing bone marrow). Most of the other dangerous STDs, aside for HIV, can be cured with simple antibiotics. We've developed a vaccine for most of the genital HPVs, herpes really isn't that much of an issue and is at most a nuisance (and most people who have it don't know it as they remain asymptomatic; and testing for HSV is rather unreliable and known to give false positives and negatives quite a bit), syphallis can be cured with a few weeks work of antibiotics, hepatitis clears itself up after a week or two and is usually mistaken for the flu... there are more, but not much worthy of mentioning as they're easily curable. Besides, you have less than a 1% chance of contracting HIV from someone HIV+ without a condom!

    These abstinence programs really preach false info these days.

  6. #36
    Spider say Burp! Stardust Crusaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Land of the Sheep
    Posts
    166
    Follow Stardust Crusaders On Twitter Add Stardust Crusaders on Facebook

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    Me and my friends are in college, and it seems the first thing my friends ask each other when they suddenly get girlfriends/boyfriends is "So.. when are you going to sleep together?" as if it's a 'you-have-to-do-this-now!' kinda thing. But hey, College kids will be college kids. It's their business and I don't really care, as long as they don't tell me everything that goes on in vivid detail (which, sadly they do a lot of the time).
    I don't see sex as that much of a big deal, It's not really my first priority when I'm in a relationship. If it happens, then it happens. As long as I like the person then it's okay. I couldn't ever have one-night stands or anything. I can't even kiss strangers (which seems like a really weird sentence, but literally everyone I know has kissed some form of stranger, at like a party or something) because.. I dunno.. even kissing just means a lot to me.
    Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen from Mars

  7. #37
    Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    33,268
    Blog Entries
    553

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    Quote Originally Posted by woddfellow2 View Post
    It causes headaches and weakness, reduces immunity, and shortens lifespan. In males, it also deprives the body of nutrients the brain needs.
    If this was remotely close to being true, I should have died three or four years ago.

    So I'm either a demigod, a zombie or a vampire.

    I can work with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

  8. #38
    Paint it black OverlordRuby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Where idiots reign
    Posts
    779
    Blog Entries
    121
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    [QUOTE=Raine Caulwell;4001670]
    Quote Originally Posted by R0-S3 View Post
    Magmarashi: STDs really aren't all that bad. These days, aside for HIV, at most, they are annoying. Even HIV has been cured multiple times in germany, albeit it's extremely expensive and excrutiatingly (I hate you spell check, work) painful (spoilers: it involves replacing bone marrow). Most of the other dangerous STDs, aside for HIV, can be cured with simple antibiotics. We've developed a vaccine for most of the genital HPVs, herpes really isn't that much of an issue and is at most a nuisance (and most people who have it don't know it as they remain asymptomatic; and testing for HSV is rather unreliable and known to give false positives and negatives quite a bit), syphallis can be cured with a few weeks work of antibiotics, hepatitis clears itself up after a week or two and is usually mistaken for the flu... there are more, but not much worthy of mentioning as they're easily curable. Besides, you have less than a 1% chance of contracting HIV from someone HIV+ without a condom!

    These abstinence programs really preach false info these days.
    I disagree, but anyways, I'm way too young to have sex. I worry about my classmates way too much... :/

  9. #39
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    Aside from the fact that it's how you'll have your offsprings, sex is a natural instinct for every living being on this planet. We humans, on the other hand, tend to put some restrictions on when to have sex, so we wouldn't go overboard and have either unwanted pregnancy or incurable STDs. Although I'm still a virgin, sex tends to be my lowest factor on what to do for my future gf.

  10. #40
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    Me, I'm a virgin. No idea for how much longer and I don't really care. Sex to me is the most intimate connection you can have with someone. It's special. It creates a bond. Yeah, I'm sure it feels damn good and is a hell of a lot of fun, but I'm not the kind of person to sleep with just anyone. I want it to be someone I have a real connection with. Someone I can be comfortable with and care for. So for me, sex is sort of something to wait on, but I'm not waiting for my wedding. Oh no, there are limits and that's beyond them.

    Of course, it's possible I think that only because I've found my perfect special somebody already.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  11. #41
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    In my opinion, sex is the most overrated thing in the existence. The majority of people feel like they are obligated to do and to LIKE it.
    I had my sex experiences, but it is not really my thing. Yet I don't like to judge the people who lives only to make sex, it is not my life being wasted anyway.

  12. #42
    Calm Gardevoir Raine Caulwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    An apartment in Hearthome City
    Posts
    113
    Blog Entries
    16
    Follow Raine Caulwell On Twitter

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    No, really. HIV is nasty, but the only other ones nasty and (practically) incurable are herpes and HPV. We have a vaccine for HPV, they're doing trials for an HIV vaccine right now, and the symptoms of herpes are blown way out of proportion by the pharmaceutical companies. In fact, herpes was considered a non-issue and was more of a half joke until the release of acyclovir (Zovirax) and alacyclovir (Valtrex) by pharmaceutical companies in 1988. Their commercials often included the word, 'shame', which really wasn't associated with herpes up until that point. Before 1988, herpes was a minor nuisance; after 1988, it was suddenly a major medical problem.

    Everything else is very easy to treat and cure. And it's actually rather difficult to transmit HIV via sex according to the CDC and relating studies, even without a condom. In fact, the highest risk of transmitting HIV is through needle use and blood to blood contact or blood transfusions.

  13. #43
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raine Caulwell View Post
    No, really. HIV is nasty, but the only other ones nasty and (practically) incurable are herpes and HPV. We have a vaccine for HPV, they're doing trials for an HIV vaccine right now, and the symptoms of herpes are blown way out of proportion by the pharmaceutical companies. In fact, herpes was considered a non-issue and was more of a half joke until the release of acyclovir (Zovirax) and alacyclovir (Valtrex) by pharmaceutical companies in 1988. Their commercials often included the word, 'shame', which really wasn't associated with herpes up until that point. Before 1988, herpes was a minor nuisance; after 1988, it was suddenly a major medical problem.

    Everything else is very easy to treat and cure. And it's actually rather difficult to transmit HIV via sex according to the CDC and relating studies, even without a condom. In fact, the highest risk of transmitting HIV is through needle use and blood to blood contact or blood transfusions.
    But why do I hear HIV Positive quotes in programs I've watched regarding STDs after a couple had sex? Back in my health class when I was in high school, we watched an old video about a girl who got HIV after having sex with someone in her camping trip, who forgot to tell her about it, and transmitted it to her boyfriend after returning from her trip and had sex with him at the beach.

  14. #44
    Calm Gardevoir Raine Caulwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    An apartment in Hearthome City
    Posts
    113
    Blog Entries
    16
    Follow Raine Caulwell On Twitter

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raine Caulwell View Post
    No, really. HIV is nasty, but the only other ones nasty and (practically) incurable are herpes and HPV. We have a vaccine for HPV, they're doing trials for an HIV vaccine right now, and the symptoms of herpes are blown way out of proportion by the pharmaceutical companies. In fact, herpes was considered a non-issue and was more of a half joke until the release of acyclovir (Zovirax) and alacyclovir (Valtrex) by pharmaceutical companies in 1988. Their commercials often included the word, 'shame', which really wasn't associated with herpes up until that point. Before 1988, herpes was a minor nuisance; after 1988, it was suddenly a major medical problem.

    Everything else is very easy to treat and cure. And it's actually rather difficult to transmit HIV via sex according to the CDC and relating studies, even without a condom. In fact, the highest risk of transmitting HIV is through needle use and blood to blood contact or blood transfusions.
    But why do I hear HIV Positive quotes in programs I've watched regarding STDs after a couple had sex? Back in my health class when I was in high school, we watched an old video about a girl who got HIV after having sex with someone in her camping trip, who forgot to tell her about it, and transmitted it to her boyfriend after returning from her trip and had sex with him at the beach.
    It's very unlikely to happen, but it can happen. It's simply a matter of rolling the dice.

    You must remember, the religious fundamentalist groups get extremely upset whenever there is a talk of a sexual education program. However, since sex is an integral part of health, it must be taught and brought up. So, they comprimise with the religious wackjobs and soccer moms and promise not to talk about sex, but rather, what can happen because of sex.

    Ever notice how they only discuss pregnancy and STDs in most sex ed programs? They blow the chances of such things happening far out of proportion. For example, a woman can only become pregnant certain times out of the year, namely within certain times of her menstrual cycle; viral STDs are rarely symptomatic but can be quite nasty when they are; bacterial STDs are the easiest to catch, and they only show you the effects of late stage untreated STDs.

    STD scare programs are the number one type of Abstinence Only sexual education programs, followed by religion only based programs, and a combination of the two. The difference between the STD scare only and the Religion only/combination programs, is that they teach that condoms can help prevent pregnancy, but they're unreliable at blocking diseases and have a failure rate of preventing pregnancy. What they do not teach, however, is that condoms rarely fail because of manufacturing errors: it's basically always because of user error (like trying to apply the condom backwards, messing up and applying the same condom right, sperm filled pre-cum still covering the outside). They are also highly unlikely to teach the proper application of condoms, so these programs have an inappropriately high rate of condom failure amongst their users, further propagating the myth.

    Welcome to sex ed in the US: enjoy your stay in hell.
    Pride likes this.

  15. #45
    Formerly Hallowheart ChinYao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The land of WHY!?
    Posts
    4,913
    Blog Entries
    500

    Default Re: What's your view on sex?

    I'm starting to wonder if we need a Sex Ed. thread or a STD thread or something in here or somewhere on the forums >_>...

    My reply to the actual topic:

    I believe sex is a good thing. You know the Song of Solomon? That's a whole Bible chapter devoted to how to treat your spouse and sex--which is why I laugh when some Christians are all 'sex is evil!' or when people accuse all Christians of believing sex is evil. Obviously, sex is very good.

    I've never had sex, I'm waiting until marriage. My reasons for waiting are simple: I want to ENHANCE the experience.
    -I don't want to worry about being caught. If I'm married, who the heck cares if I'm having sex with my husband?
    -I don't want to worry about getting pregnant. If I'm married, well big whup--I got a kid, at least I have a husband to help me raise it and no one can look down on me!
    -I don't want to receive weird looks for buying sexy lingerie or going into adult stores. If I'm married and I want a fun sex life, so what?
    -I don't want to worry about my body changing with age and the opinion of new sex partners. If I'm married, my husband will be getting just as old and won't judge me.
    -If my first time having sex is with my spouse, I have nothing to compare it to.
    -If my spouse's first time having sex with me is after marriage, he can't decide "she sucks" and just leave. All he can do is teach me to be a better sex partner.

    Sure, there are plenty of just as good reasons to have sex before marriage--but for me, this is all the reason I need to wait until after marriage. That's just who I am.
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •