DISCUSSION: What's your view on sex? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your view on sex?

Follow xoddf2 On Twitter
    Visit xoddf2's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What's your view on sex?

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    If sex were to be bad for your health, then people would avoid having sex [...]
    Well, junk food tastes good, but is bad for one's health... Some people do not avoid that...

You could easily say "If junk food were to be bad for your health, then people would avoid eating junk food"...
    Last edited by xoddf2; 12th May 2012 at 03:39 AM.
    xoddf2 | http://wlair.us.to/ | PGP: 20EB90D3

I see it as a deep expression of love between two people.I think it doesn't matter if you have pre-marital sex,just as long as it is legal and both people are ready.

I have similar views.It shouldn't be taken lightly,but it certainly is an important part of a relationship.I'm not saying you have to have sex,Just make sure that if you do,make sure its with someone you love and you want to express your love.
    Last edited by Insanish Danish; 12th May 2012 at 05:25 PM.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by woddfellow2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    If sex were to be bad for your health, then people would avoid having sex [...]
    Well, junk food tastes good, but is bad for one's health... Some people do not avoid that...

You could easily say "If junk food were to be bad for your health, then people would avoid eating junk food"...
    Except people that eat funk food admit that it gives them a stomach ache, or cavities, or fat. People who have sex rarely ever have anything negative to say about it health-wise. I still say you should perhaps look into more official documents, like a book or an .edu or .gov based website or even talking to a physician, instead of a .com or .org website. You're fine to not want to take part, just make sure it's for the right reasons, and not because of some random post you happened to read online.
    Last edited by Jo The Marten; 12th May 2012 at 04:04 AM.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Follow xoddf2 On Twitter

Health risk notwithstanding, doing that without the purpose of procreation seems hedonistic and weak-minded to me. The only rational option to me appears to be — oh I don't know — not to do that at all? I believe that if one chooses to do that, one better be prepared to raise a child.

Blog Entries
    Follow Raine Caulwell On Twitter

Sex and sexuality... it's... well, it most certainly is a great way to break the ice, haha. I love my friends deeply, and I love sharing the sincerity of my feelings with them. Sure, I may get a few cold sores (herpes), but there is no shame in that: they are badges saying that I am well loved and love wholefully in return.

woddfellow2, as someone who is completely sterile and unable to conceive, all sex is then hedonistic according to you (and probably sinful too). Sex merely for procreation seems very animalistic to me, when there are so many more emotions to share through such a union. Stop drinking the fundamentalist cool-aid.

Follow xoddf2 On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Raine Caulwell View Post
    [...]

woddfellow2, as someone who is completely sterile and unable to conceive, all sex is then hedonistic according to you (and probably sinful too). Sex merely for procreation seems very animalistic to me, when there are so many more emotions to share through such a union. Stop drinking the fundamentalist cool-aid.
    (emphasis mine)

You are assuming, based on my antisexualism, that I am a Christian or of some such religion. I am actually an atheist, and have been for as long as I have been aware of the existence of religion, therefore I do not believe in sin as you mentioned.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Let's try to keep the conversation calm and civil, and get back on track. People will have different views than you do, so please try to respect that.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

So back to another view, I think it's just two people enjoying something together. It's like playing games with someone you like and love, and enjoy it to the fullest. Sex is somewhat similar - the difference being that you have to be extra careful with your body, and take the right precautions. If you're not prepared, then it's right for the partner to wait until you're ready. That's just my personal thought.

Blog Entries
    Follow Raine Caulwell On Twitter

Sorry, I just found it odd that earlier you were basically quoting fundamentalist views on sex (the bad for your health stuff). I drew conclusions from what you were saying as that is the only thing I have to go on about you.

Some very uneducated views from well, virgins to be straight. Once you've had sex, the planning and the nervousness of the whole first time experience are gone. After that it just becomes sex. You'll realise that views of "two people sharing love" as you all get older are complete crap as you can have sex with anyone, in a relationship or out. It's nice if it is a gesture of love and i hope for all your sakes it is. I have been in a relationship for almost 3 years now and i'm approaching 20. Don't let people scare you with bullshit about it.

Also use a condom, 99.9% effectiveness in protecting from diseases and pregnancy. I guess they haven't ran a sex ed class at school for you have they woodpecker?

Follow xoddf2 On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ironsjack View Post
    [...]

Also use a condom, 99.9% effectiveness in protecting from diseases and pregnancy. I guess they haven't ran a sex ed class at school for you have they woodpecker?
    You obviously did not read what I said earlier about contraception, but I still believe it to be less bad than polluting the environment with another child...

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

- Mod note -
    While you are free to debate different views regarding the topic, do not attack or taunt other users for what they think. This is the last in-thread warning. Please stay civil, and keep the discussion on topic.

Follow xoddf2 On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    - Mod note -
    While you are free to debate different views regarding the topic, do not attack or taunt other users for what they think. This is the last in-thread warning. Please stay civil, and keep the discussion on topic.
    I am sorry if I attacked anyone... Also, despite my antisexualism, I am not a prohibitionist.

Also, I do not reveal my age in Internet public.

Right...

Well i'm guessing you're about 14-15.

I honestly think you're trying to take some kind of moral high ground by filling your brain that sex is bad, despite not having sex yourself. I also think you're scared of sex, which is why you're trying to convince yourself that it's bad.

It's your own life and you can do whatever the hell you want with it, but if you think sex is bad then i don't think you will get very far in relationships in this day and age. Don't knock it till you've tried it, i can guarantee that you won't get a headache.

Follow xoddf2 On Twitter

Well i'm guessing you're about 14-15.
    I am actually an adult.

I honestly think you're trying to take some kind of moral high ground by filling your brain that sex is bad, despite not having sex yourself. I also think you're scared of sex, which is why you're trying to convince yourself that it's bad.
    It is because I do not see the point, given my childfreedom.

It's your own life and you can do whatever the hell you want with it,
    ...which is why, as I said, I am not a prohibitionist. This is because A) Prohibition does not work, and B) I think people should be able to do what they want with their own bodies, harmful or beneficial.

but if you think sex is bad then i don't think you will get very far in relationships in this day and age.
    I intend to stay single for life anyway.

Don't knock it till you've tried it, i can guarantee that you won't get a headache.
    Thanks, but no thanks...

I am sorry if I offended anyone, and I am sorry if I appeared to be a prohibitionist who does not respect other people's decisions.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast