DISCUSSION: What's your view on sex?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your view on sex?

Dr. Heart Stealer Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Default What's your view on sex?

This is often seen as a taboo topic in society, but if you feel uncomfortable posting, then just read and don't post. What are your views on sex? Is it not a big deal at all? Is it something you'll only do with certain people? Is it something you're waiting for until after marriage? Share your thoughts here!

For me, I don't see it as any sort of rite of passage, and I don't think you have to wait until marriage to take part. But it is one of the number one forms of trust out there, and I personally would prefer having one partner my entire life. (So guess what I've never done.)
    Last edited by Mintaka; 14th May 2012 at 03:09 PM.

Welcome to Trafalgar’s "Room"
    Shall I steal what’s most precious to you?

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Blog Entries

Default Re: What's your view on sex?

Sex is......sex. It shouldn't be taken lightly, but you shouldn't put it on such a high pedestal. I have no problems with others feeling no need to not have any form of it until marriage or otherwise, but I'll be damned if I don't leave some sort of history behind me before I get married.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Baron Brixius On Twitter

Basically, my view on sex can be stated by quoting that famous tiger. "It's Gr-r-reat!!"

On a more serious note, I can definitely see some benefit of waiting until after marriage to go to bed with someone. There must be an accomplished sense of familiarity with the couple, and a complete sync with their beliefs. There must be specific strength in a person who overcomes the temptation of having sex before marriage. I admire this aspect, because this is a person who doesn't put what they wholly believe in aside, for temporary pleasure. They are willing to fight and sacrifice to preserve something that naturally, many people give away. I do respect people who wait.

But, I also wonder how much pressure is on each person who chose to wait, when the time comes to take that final step with their partner. I wonder, is that first time still special, even through the anxiety of it all? I may be ignorant, but I feel that the honeymoon night should be special, and it would be better to know what to expect from it. I think I would want to look forward to having familiar sex with someone I've made love to before, than being fully married, for the rest of my life, and not even knowing how to be pleased, or how to please my partner. Not knowing if it would hurt, or if it would feel good, or how awkward it would be. I just think the sex could be equally, or even more special during a honeymoon, when I've done it with the person, as if I had waited. It could still be a new experience. I bet there is a difference between making love as girlfriend and boyfriend, and making love as newly husband and wife.

I believe that someone's sexual side is a side of them that is very prominent, just the same as the sexual side in a relationship is prominent. The chemistry and closeness, is in itself a way of communication, and if a relationship lacks that to an unsatisfying degree, it can cause a lot of problems between the couple. What if you don't find out until after you're married, tied together, and newly alone in the world together, that you can't enjoy sex, with that person, or maybe in general? A lot of people can be led to "find it somewhere else", which can, again, destroy the relationship.

I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone. I believe that no matter who you are, you have the right to live your life the way you plan it out. I think there is strength in anyone who doesn't disassemble what they believe in for anything, or anyone, not even themselves, in a temporary craving to rebel. So, if you want to wait, please keep waiting. There's nothing in you that means you can't or shouldn't do it. Live the way you want to.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As a fifteen-year-old asexual virgin, I don't see what all the fuss is about, to put it lightly. Maybe my views will change a bit once I actually "do it" for rizzle (knowing me, they probably will), but I stand by my belief that people seriously need to stop thinking and worrying about it so much.

If you like somebody and you're a sexual person and you both feel like having a go at it, cool. But given my lack of sexuality, lust never concerns me (okay, maybe a little bit). It doesn't get in the way of what I do, and for the most part this is true with other people. But it seems to me that sexual people have to "resist the urge/feeling", so to speak, whereas I don't have a "feeling" to begin with. That's cool, too. I'm the minority here.

So yeah, I can't really think of a coherent way to end my two cents. I just don't see what's so awesome about it from my current vantage point.

Blog Entries

Visit Kavidun's Youtube Channel

If I said I had no opinion, would you believe me?

Never had it, but I can't wait until I do.

I don't think it should be a tabboo subject, but it's been expressed as one so much it's become one.
    I claimed Phoenix Wright 2001 ~ Pursuit Cornered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    "Mario made Yoshi fall down a cliff to save himself! What an asshole!"
    Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi;bt213233
    I like to throw turnips at people and say "Take that, Shy Guy!"

Follow xoddf2 On Twitter
    Visit xoddf2's Youtube Channel

As I intend to stay childfree, I do not intend to do that. Also, something does not feel right about defeating its purpose with contraception. It is also bad for one's health anyway.
    xoddf2 | http://wlair.us.to/ | PGP: 20EB90D3

Dr. Heart Stealer Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Bad for one's health in what way? In many studies, sex has been proven to be good for one's health.

Follow xoddf2 On Twitter
    Visit xoddf2's Youtube Channel

It causes headaches and weakness, reduces immunity, and shortens lifespan. In males, it also deprives the body of nutrients the brain needs.
    xoddf2 | http://wlair.us.to/ | PGP: 20EB90D3

Blog Entries

Mind providing your sources?

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

You must surely, wholeheartedly be joking because that's exactly 180° backwards, woodfellow.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Agent of SHIELD $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Well, all I can say is that I've never experienced any headache during the act, and I've never heard about them from anyone else. Also, my immune system hasn't suffered any, as I hardly ever get sick.

Blog Entries

According to research published in text books, it relieves stress, increases the immune system, and decreases the rate of certain diseases such as prostate cancer. Of course there are some health risks, no doubt. They could write (and probably have written) an entire encyclopedia on STDs, but that's just why you have to stay safe and not get too reckless.

And personally, I trust a textbook more since it had to go through a lot more to get published than a website on the internet.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Baron Brixius On Twitter

I always feel invirogated after some good sex in shower. And those stories on the net claim a lot of sketchy stuff just to generate hits.
    Last edited by Baron Brixius; 12th May 2012 at 03:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

If sex were to be bad for your health, then people would avoid having sex - a lot of married couples wouldn't have children anymore. But except for potentially sexually transmitted diseases, I don't see why it would affect you in a negative way

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast