What do you want to do on occasional dates?

Thread: What do you want to do on occasional dates?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default What do you want to do on occasional dates?

Hypothetically speaking - whether you're in a relationship or not, what would you do on occasional dates? We can't do something new every single date - there are times you just want to spend the day together.

Go shopping? Go to the movies? Play Monopoly?

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Default Re: What do you want to do on occasional dates?

I'd be happy just going for a walk, either around the neighborhood, a park, or a mall. I'm not huge on shopping but malls are nice for walking since they're fairly huge, and have air conditioning. I could go watch movies until hell freezes over, and if I liked it enough, the same movie multiple times. Though generally, I'm the type of person who is happy just being with someone in the same room, and likely that's what my boyfriend and I will do mostly is just hang out, and very likely play some video games.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Go to the mall, play video games, and walk in the park. It depends if she doesn't spend almost her entire time with her other friends or working, which block my chances of asking her out.

Im in a relationship so I'm not sure if it counts, but still:

We only get to see each other once every two weeks since February, so everytime she comes to my place for the night, I try to spring something different up. Last week I rocked up a BBQ and a few beers, and we just sat in the evening sun for hours just talking. The time before we were both feeling incredibly hyperactive, and went to see the dark knight rises, and were just being generally childish on the way with each other. Just little things that aren't done often are the best IMhO

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I like getting something to eat, maybe a picnic or something.
    seconds to forever

追放されたバカ

Go to a cafe in the morning and make some poffins together. Go to a cafe in the evening and battle each other. I wouldn't mind doing that once in a while, maybe even once a week.

Going to the aquarium or the zoo would be fun(at least for me), but the entrance fee for both places is just ridiculously expensive where I live, so maybe just hanging out at each other's houses once in a while and attempt to make some food.

window shopping, museum, zoo, walks along the beach, movies, swimming, or grabbing a bite of ramen.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

I misread that as "grabbing a bite of men"

But I think the Zoo would be a lovely idea, especially if your date loves animals as well.

Follow Go-to Icon On Twitter

My thing is gigs; date with a girl? Just grab tickets.

They're cheaper.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

A film is always fine by me, but I generally have quite simple tastes so wouldn't even necessarily do that unless there was something I particularly wanted to see and had money for, much like going to a lot of exhibitions/aquariums/zoos/beaches around here, as much as I love them all. I like just sitting outside with someone in nice weather, having a picnic or going for a walk, sitting in a nice cafe with some hot drinks, maybe going swimming. Or playing videogames; I'm happy either playing together or watching them. I'm not really a "date" kind of person other than for occasions, I just end up feeling a bit goofy/awkward if the situation has too much pretense. Going to a park to walk a dog or something, making a meal together, reading our own books/playing on handheld consoles next to each other, all are perfectly enjoyable to me. Any time I can relax but be in a nice environment or feel the sunshine on my skin will be lovely for me.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

I prefer the simpler things, so just something like going out to eat or even just curling up on the sofa with food and a movie is a fine date to me. I do, however, also like the idea of going for walks or to the beach together, or even just spending an entire day doing simple things like walking around town or taking a look at sights or whatever. I'm not really fond of going to the cinema on a date though, I don't exactly know why, I think it just seems a bit ... reserved, like you're not really bonding with the person you're on the date with. That's just my opinion though.