What do you prefer in your special someone? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What do you look for in a relationship?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eyes

33 50.77%
  • Smile

33 50.77%
  • Hair

28 43.08%
  • Values

31 47.69%
  • Body

26 40.00%
  • Personality

57 87.69%
  • Money

4 6.15%
  • Social Status

4 6.15%
  • Morals and beliefs

31 47.69%
  • Maturity

31 47.69%
  • Intelligence

52 80.00%
  • Loyal/Fedelity

32 49.23%
  • Similar Interests

40 61.54%
  • Confidence

23 35.38%
  • Protection/Safety

16 24.62%
  • Good Sense of Humor

47 72.31%
  • Acceptance

40 61.54%
  • Trust

44 67.69%
  • Talent

8 12.31%
  • Someone who can compromise

20 30.77%
  • Age (Older or younger)

12 18.46%
  • Same age

12 18.46%
  • Someone who will be there for you

39 60.00%
  • A good cook

8 12.31%
  • Other (specify in post)

9 13.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What do you prefer in your special someone?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you prefer in your special someone?

What do I look for in a girl? Well, at this point a "Yes" would be the main requirement (j/k....*runs away crying*).

Seriously though, the main thing I look for in a girl is communication. Obviously having similar interests would be a huge plus, but the main thing is for both me and her to be able to speak to each other on an equal level, be able to hold engaging conversations and know that we can turn to the other in times of need. There would have to be an absolute mutual trust (I'm a very trust orientated person; if someone betrays my trust, it's hard to get back - and I expect others to be the same). They would have to be someone I can laugh with in happier times, but be able to stand side to side with in darker times.

As with interests, sharing beliefs and morals would also be a plus. I respect that each person has different beliefs and morals. The only thing I would ask for is that my beliefs and morals be respected, and in return, I will respect theirs. However, the only thing I 100% ask for, is that they wish to have children. I know a marriage that recently ended because one wanted a child, while the other didn't; and I'm definitely someone who wants to have a child in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwebble View Post
    I like people with nice eyes and hair (why I have a thing for hair confuses me).
    You're not the only one; one of the first things I notice in a girl is her hair and how it compliments her face. After all, their head will be the one part of the body I see the most, and the main thing people use to recognise them...sure, she may be well endowed and have fantastic legs, but if there isn't a welcoming face...

That brings me to my next point. As @Hide in Plain Sight said; as much as we would like to say otherwise, looks do matter. I know I'm not model material myself, and I certainly don't expect someone who is model material to be interested in me, however, I probably wouldn't look twice at someone who was too ugly xD

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Continent Turtle likes this.

Blog Entries

What do I look for in my special someone?

Well, she needs to be honest. I personally don't believe a good relationship is built on lies and deceit. My special someone needs to be mature and responsible enough to handle a monogamous, long-term relationship, since I'm not interested in some fling--I want the real thing. She needs to be kind and accepting of me, flaws and all, because nobody's perfect. She needs to trust me and be trustworthy to build that strong foundation necessary for the relationship to be healthy. She needs to be reliable and supportive. But most of all, she needs to be my best friend, not just my girlfriend.

Of course, I'm very happy to say I've met a girl who is all this and so much more: @Insanish Danish. :] <3
    Serenity likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I like people with nice eyes and hair (why I have a thing for hair confuses me), and I'd like someone with a nice personality. While really not wanting to be the kind of person that says "she has to look amazing", I wouldn't really want to be in a relationship with someone ugly, and I'm slightly disgusted at myself for even thinking that (but I think it anyway). I don't care about confidence - I'd actually rather be in a relationship with a shy girl than someone who's confident about everything that they do. Intelligence and similar interests go together for me, because I'd love to have conversations with that person that mean something, and that we can both enjoy. Age isn't an issue, and I'll always stand by that. I just realised I didn't check Maturity in the poll, and I wish I did.

And this is why I suck at romance. I doubt I'll ever meet someone like this.
    I have met somebody like this...

Going to college was such a good idea...

I am now happy.
    Serenity, Aori and Laterose like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I have met somebody like this...

Going to college was such a good idea...

I am now happy.
    You must be lucky. XD

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Physical wise: long hair, A-B cup (C is alright), skinny up to having a chubby stomach, and nice legs/feet

Personality wise: intelligent, kind, and similar interests

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Maturity and reliability. Someone who will respect my feelings, stick to their word and is generally quite conservative in terms of values (not flirting with others, not staring right at other girls while with me etc.). I also need them to be intelligent, loyal, doubtlessly faithful and well-spoken but not someone who will judge me for my insecurities or quirky tastes. Someone who can be a little bit parental sometimes, weirdly enough - I get very upset and I'm a worrier (I tend to suffer from depressive and panic-riddled moods, too), so someone who can encourage me and give me a hug/tell me it'll be okay is a must. Also, guys must be taller than me. They just have to be. I'm 5'7", though, so it's not exactly hard. Dorky is also preferable, mainly because I am a derpface myself.

...Yeah, I'm not asking for much. ='D I really know what I want, though, because my only ex flirted with other girls despite us being in a serious, long-term relationship, didn't remember (let alone stick to) his word or adapt his actions to me at all and had no tact whatsoever. I can't be with someone like that again.

All that and someone who likes a girl who isn't a stick. I may be slim at 58kg but more than enough of that is in my stubborn hips. "OTL
    Last edited by Kaori; 5th October 2011 at 10:52 AM.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

What I prefer? A sense of humor, first and foremost. I've dealt with my depression for the longest time in seeking to make others laugh. I also like to have someone who's there for me when I need it (and boy do I need it with all the problems such as depression), someone I can trust, and someone who has the same interests as me. I tend to like older girls, as I just really really have a hard time finding people around my age that I like. Physically, I like short and dark hair, and well, something that's subjective, 'cute'. Though physical is a little less important than having someone who'll have fun with me and be there when I need them. I haven't found them yet, but I sure as hell won't stop trying.
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Blog Entries

Intelligence, good sense of humor, and trust first... good money and looks helps but I'd much rather have someone who is smart yet not as pretty than someone who is a bombshell yet dumb as a brick.

Blog Entries
    Follow Durbe On Twitter Add Durbe on Facebook

What I want in a girlfriend is someone who accepts me as I am, I can trust, is loyal, mature in the mental sense, intelligent for the sake of conversation, someone who will support me emotionally, someone who can compromise in case something comes up, someone who will laugh at at least one of my jokes, someone with values and honor, someone who has a positive personality, and finally someone whose smile feels like it could calm a raging storm.

Sorry, if I seem typical.
    FC: 2723-9571-7949 IGN: Toshiro

I want someone who makes good jokes to balance out my mean ones. Money and intelligence are interchangeable, but at least enough to support themself. My special someone should also be able to cook better than me (which is burnt eggs and toast) if they want to live on something other than frozen food, and they need to be a bit self-centered, because I like listening to people talk about their lives all the time :) But they also need to be able to write/ speak in correct English, or learn to, and also put up with my show-offiness sometimes.

They don't have to trust me, they don't have to be a goody-two shoes (although I don't want someone who was in jail), and they should be just mature enough to not be a stereotypical jock you see in the movies (though how many people are really like that?).
    HG FC: 2752-0918-6333
    If you're trading with me, please remember to press X to turn the Voice Chat off. Thanks!

Blog Entries

For me, the biggest thing is a good sense of humor. I do joke around a lot, and I need someone who can give it back just as much. She needs to be intelligent and I'd like her to have some of the same interests as me. Kinda boring if you don't like doing the same things.
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

Ambitious Creator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Steelrush On Twitter Add Steelrush on Facebook Add Steelrush on MySpace
    Add Steelrush on Linkedin Follow Steelrush on Tumblr Follow Steelrush on Flickr Visit Steelrush's Youtube Channel

I want my eternal lover to be very, very, very, very kind to me, no matter what. Kindness in a woman is by far the most important trait I'd want my woman to have. I value that above all other traits. I'd like her to be smart, very humorous (an exceptionally good sense of humor), really mature, perfectly trusting, loving, and extremely caring.

We'd have interests that are almost exactly the same (I hear and read that's one of the most important things in a relationship). I would want her to always be there for me, always be able to listen to me no matter what I'd say, and I'd do exactly the same for her. I would like her to have a lot of moral values, to be a generally excellent person. I'd also like her to be extremely beautiful, to have wonderful looking eyes, a pretty face, a slim body...

There's a lot more I can bring up, but it would probably fill up the entire forum.

Heh, I guess that's part of the reason why I haven't had a girlfriend in the past. My standards are probably waaayyy too high.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Someone honest and loyal, understands me (in that sort of, we can look at each other and read each other's minds sort of way), silly, and has their head screwed in straight. I've had issues with honesty and loyalty in past relationships, so it's a huge plus for me when someone tells the truth and nothing but the truth. I've never really been interested in anyone too old or too young, and once again, thanks to a past relationship flop, I've pretty much turned away from anyone younger than me. The closer to me in age, the better. I hate fighting, so someone who can control their temper, and have a civil and calm discussion without exploding. Someone who inspires me to do better.

I love non-American accents, so that's a plus if you've got one. Appearance is important, though don't take that the wrong way. Personality is more important, but appearance should not be tossed aside. I don't care for hair length, but I don't really like funky hair styles, like spikes or a mohawk. Natural is .

Similar interests is a huge plus as well since it also falls under the "understands me" category. My family speaks in movie/video game quotes so I like for my someone to be like that too. So having similar interests means we'll know what each other's quoting. Plus we won't have to argue over what to play or watch.

All that being said, I've already found someone that fits all of these. And I am really really happy.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Blog Entries

I only want trust, loyalty, intelligence, and honesty. If they have those four, I'm fine...although looks do matter to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast