What do you prefer in your special someone?

View Poll Results: What do you look for in a relationship?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eyes

33 50.77%
  • Smile

33 50.77%
  • Hair

28 43.08%
  • Values

31 47.69%
  • Body

26 40.00%
  • Personality

57 87.69%
  • Money

4 6.15%
  • Social Status

4 6.15%
  • Morals and beliefs

31 47.69%
  • Maturity

31 47.69%
  • Intelligence

52 80.00%
  • Loyal/Fedelity

32 49.23%
  • Similar Interests

40 61.54%
  • Confidence

23 35.38%
  • Protection/Safety

16 24.62%
  • Good Sense of Humor

47 72.31%
  • Acceptance

40 61.54%
  • Trust

44 67.69%
  • Talent

8 12.31%
  • Someone who can compromise

20 30.77%
  • Age (Older or younger)

12 18.46%
  • Same age

12 18.46%
  • Someone who will be there for you

39 60.00%
  • A good cook

8 12.31%
  • Other (specify in post)

9 13.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What do you prefer in your special someone?

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default What do you prefer in your special someone?

Well, when it comes to looking for a special guy/girl, what do you usually like??

I'll use myself as an example.

What I usually look for in a guy is mainly a good personality. I would love a thoughtful, caring, sweet, loving person. Someone who I can cuddle with, someone who listens to how I feel and respects what I have to say. Someone I can share a good laugh with once in a while, but all in all, I just want a guy who will love me for who I am, even with my flaws. Looks are merely a bonus on my end.

Now, what are your opinions on this?

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you prefer in your special someone?

I want someone I can talk to. Someone who can listen. Someone who cares about me, trusts me, and respects me. I want them to be a nerd because I find that attractive. Physical appearance I'm not real picky on, but I do appreciate a beautiful woman. All in all, I just want someone who will always be there for me.

Good news. I found her in Feliciano. And might I say, she is beautiful.
    Serenity likes this.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Someone who accepts me for who I am with a sweet personality and a good sense of humor, and is trustworthy and loyal. While I don't think looks are important, they certainly don't hurt. And what do you know, I found this perfect guy in the form of someone named Rainbow Rapidash. Bulbagarden relationships FTW! XD
    Hotsanharu likes this.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Feli and I were dating on here before it was cool :p

Loyalty is always nice. Feli's the most loyal, most devoted girl I could ever find. :) I trust her completely.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Someone who can look at me and say "This gurl is crazy...I like that" and I like petting people so having somewhat large hair, not too long tough, its a plus :)
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

I've been in a relationship for quite a while now, and I really do think he's the one for me, so I'll proceed to describe the traits he has that make me happy XD

I first fell in love with his eyes. I had always thought the eyes were always the prettiest part of anyone's face. One look and you can tell what they're like. It isn't about color, any eye will do. It's the look when they hold their gaze up at you. I have to make sure they are strong eyes.

Then I selected on the poll - values and personality xD of course these are a must.

Loyalty, protection, acceptance and willingness to commit are the most important of them all, at least for me. I need to feel secure, like he wouldn't ever leave me. I'm not one up for those relationships that break up every other weekend, that would kill me! D:

Someone who will always be there for you... hm... yes, I guess I chose that option. But your partner will be just as human as you... you have to be there for him, also xD

I'm sure I selected other options that I forgot to mention here :P

But, anyway, before my boyfriend came along, I guess the general lines of what I looked for in a person were someone I could laugh with, someone who wouldn't mind if I was a bit dorky, and someone weird and peculiar. I like interesting, funny people. I could never be with someone who takes everything too seriously XD

blog . graphics shop . fan club
    black 2 friend code: 2452-4043-7771

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Someone who is weird. Someone who is not arrogantly smart.
    Someone who loves many things like I do. Someone who has no specific preference in life.
    I think this "someone" does not exist at all.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Trophies
    Blog Entries

I put eyes, smile, hair, values, personality, morals, intelligence, loyalty, sense of humor, acceptance, trust, compromise, be there for you, and cooking. Some are more important then others, but yes, I do look at all of those things in a relationship. Do they all need to be there no matter what? No, definitely not, I can't afford to be that picky. There are, however, some that are more important than the others. I went on to compare my ex (who I am still in love with) to what I put down, and she has all except for a couple.

I think the ones that are a must are trust, intelligence and a sense of humor. Trust is definitely what I would call the foundation of any relationship that I could possibly have. Also, I would not be able to date someone who was a complete idiot. She doesn't have to be a genius, but basic common sense is a must. Sense of humor kind of goes with that, because someone who is intelligent and does not have a sense of humor can be very tedious to be around.
    That's nice.

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Okay, I'll be honest... body is important. Everyone who says otherwise... well I'm not going to go there. But yeah, she's gotta be cute.

I also put eyes. Eyes are something... well they're the window to the soul.

Similar interests are key for me. She's got to like going out and having fun, she's got to at least understand that I love sports and am going to spend most of my Sunday watching football.

Sense of humor is crucial. I want to be with someone who likes to laugh.

And last but not least, trust. If you don't trust each other, it's going to end up as an unhealthy relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

CurseLax of Bulbagarden Snoozle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty face isn't a listed option, but is my "Other" pick.

Like collecting Pokémon merchandise? Join the Pokémon Collectors group today!

Snorlax ~ Curse ~ Gluttony ~ Careful ~ Likes to Relax ~ Indigo Plateau ~ Pokémon Prof. ~ Mr. Pokémon ~ Leftovers ~ Choice Scarf

Trust, above all else. Personality, a good sense of humor (because I'm a huge dork, and they need to be down with my dorkness), and CONFIDENCE. I find confidence extremely attractive (and I'm not talking about them being full of themselves... not being afraid to take a risk and make a few mistakes is a fantastic trait). Morals and beliefs -- a kind and tolerant person. Some similar interests, because we have to have something in common to talk about -- but having different interests is also great, because we can teach each other new things and have lives outside of our relationship. And definitely maturity and intelligence: I find both of those very attractive, especially if they can challenge me.

Someone who will be there, because what's the point if they're not?

Physical traits are bonuses.

I forgot to vote for loyalty, but that's in there as well.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I wanted to check everything listed in that poll, but then again... If there really were someone who met all the conditions in that poll, then I'd say that's not a normal person, but a supernatural being XD

First of all, I like intelligence. Not straight-A smart, but someone who is wise through life. This would probably equal with my preference of someone older than me, someone who knows what this world is like and would help guide me along. Someone who could listen to my problems without complaining, and give advice. A good nature would be great.

I also checked money to be important. I know that's probably unwise to even consider, but in real life, it can't be ignored.

Riding The Storm Out Infinity Storm's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Infinity Storm's Youtube Channel

Hmmm...as a hopeless romantic, where do I start.

Really, while looks certainly help, they aren't a necessity. I just would hope for the girl I would be with to look ok, meaning while I don't mean to degrade anyone, I'd like a decent-looking girlfriend.

Mainly,I'd like someone who I could talk to, someone I could trust. Due to my ADHD-induced paranoia, I don't find this trait in many people. I would want a person who I could trust with anything, and who felt the same way about me.Someone semi-intelligent, and open-minded as possible.

Finally, I'd like a girlfriend who wouldn't want to date like every week, but would be open to it whenever we could do it. In a sense, laid-back but still active, if that's possible.

(Realistically, this is near-impossible to find in a girl)1

Awesome Banner by Blue Dragon

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I like people with nice eyes and hair (why I have a thing for hair confuses me), and I'd like someone with a nice personality. While really not wanting to be the kind of person that says "she has to look amazing", I wouldn't really want to be in a relationship with someone ugly, and I'm slightly disgusted at myself for even thinking that (but I think it anyway). I don't care about confidence - I'd actually rather be in a relationship with a shy girl than someone who's confident about everything that they do. Intelligence and similar interests go together for me, because I'd love to have conversations with that person that mean something, and that we can both enjoy. Age isn't an issue, and I'll always stand by that. I just realised I didn't check Maturity in the poll, and I wish I did.

And this is why I suck at romance. I doubt I'll ever meet someone like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityLuxray View Post
    Finally, I'd like a girlfriend who wouldn't want to date like every week, but would be open to it whenever we could do it. In a sense, laid-back but still active, if that's possible.

(Realistically, this is near-impossible to find in a girl)1
    ^ You know, not all girls want to date every week. Of course they'd like to spend a lot of time with their boyfriends, but that doesn't necessarily means "date once a week" is a must. We all got our own private lives and stuff to do - some girls even find "date once a week" difficult in their schedule and prefer to date whenever free time pops up.

Oh, and although I already voted and posted, I thought being always on my side to be necessary. Of course, there could be times when I make mistakes and fail tasks, or even be at fault. Usually, the one who feels sorry the most is me, and I'd probably have a lot more concern than anyone else in that situation. People would still blame me for my fault and demand for making amends. But I hope my special someone would be on my side - defending me and standing up for me. It would also be touching if encouragement is added.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast