SUPPORT: on Relationship Abuse

Thread: on Relationship Abuse

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default on Relationship Abuse

This thread is to discuss about any abuse that you have experience, either directly or indirectly, whether verbal or physical, etc. This is a support thread, meaning you will be able to discuss and post contents expecting comfort and support, as well as helpful advice.

While I haven't exactly been a victim of dating violence physically, I once dated a guy that treated me like shit. When I tried breaking up with him, he kept threatening suicide and saying that it was my fault that he was going to kill himself. I mean, the fact he said that made me feel so bad that I had no choice but to stay with him for a while longer. I had to finally get the mindset that I needed to be free of this relationship, and that I couldn't let the guy do this to me any longer. I tried breaking up with him again, and the same thing happened. This time though, I stood my ground and didn't budge. You know, my ex didn't kill himself and I got out of the relationship. My ex used that as a way to stay with him because he knew I would feel guilty about it and that he knew he could upset me.

In any case of dating violence, you need to tell someone you trust and find a way out of the relationship.

Registered User DarkestSacredHeart's Avatar

Default Re: on Relationship Abuse

Myself was in a verbally abusive relationship for two long yearsss...he made me feel, worthless that I was just a doll to him

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestSacredHeart View Post
    Myself was in a verbally abusive relationship for two long yearsss...he made me feel, worthless that I was just a doll to him
    I'm sorry that you had to go through that. From the use of "was," the relationship finally came to an end. How did that come about? (If you'd rather not say, that's alright. Just asking if you'd be willing to share your story, it might help future readers of the thread.)

Registered User DarkestSacredHeart's Avatar

The relationship? Well I guess he kinda tricked me into loving him and then omce we got together I was his b*tch
    How I got out however, well when we got together, he gave me a necklace, and I can never take it off, I was his and it was like a wedding ring, but I had enough of his lies, manipulation and abuse I wrote a note a broke the necklace...
    Its not easy to get out, but it can be done

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

I dated this guy for about 6 months. We were friends for years before we started dating, but I guess I didn't know him as well as I thought. He was almost never happy, and he always took out his frustrations on me. After a while he started blaming me, and tried to guilt-trip me and pressure me into sex. I never gave in, because I was not comfortable with him, and I was not ready. This only furthered his anger. I broke up with him soon after, and while I tried to remain friendly for the sake of our friends, he showed his true colors. Angry, wanted to make my life a living hell. He spread a lot of lies about me to our friends, and some of them believed him, and it was a massive shit storm. It threw me into a depression that lasted about 3 months. That was when I became much more active on Bulba, made new friends, and they helped me out of my saddened state. I even met someone new who really loved me, and doesn't want to pressure me, or manipulate my emotions.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Hmm... there was that one girl who kept harassing me for sex when the parts for my latest PC build finally got delivered. She wouldn't get that men have priorities. D:<