"The One?"

View Poll Results: Do you believe you've found your one true love?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Without a doubt

9 23.68%
  • I'm pretty sure

4 10.53%
  • Not 100% certain

6 15.79%
  • Not yet

5 13.16%
  • Nope

10 26.32%
  • I don't believe in it

4 10.53%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: "The One?"

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default "The One?"

To those who are in relationships, engaged, married, or whatever the situation is. Do you think you have met the one person you wish to spend the rest of your life with? Do you think "the one" truly exists or if it's just a made up fairy tale?

If you don't believe in that stuff, that's fine, but don't post if you're just going to make bad comments, remarks about it.

Have I found "the one" And how do I know if I'm right?

Well, deep in my heart and soul, I feel like @Autumn Sky is definitely the one I'm going to live out my life with. There's no questions about it. Besides the fact that every inch of my body, mind, and soul know this, I prayed a lot about it. In the end, I've realized that he is indeed the one I'm supposed to be with. God just reinforced the fact that we're meant to be together. I couldn't imagine my life being with anyone else.

So, post your answers, stories(about this topic), etc. here!

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Default Re: "The One?"

I definitely know my boyfriend is the one. He makes me so happy I can't even begin to put it into words. We've been together for more than two years now and it's been nothing short of amazing. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I see myself being with him for the rest of my life. We've been planning on getting engaged and married for quite a while now, and we're going to be officially engaged when he finally comes over. I've just never felt this way about anyone else before and I know it's definitely meant to be.
    Serenity and Hotsanharu like this.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Haha, yeah, I'm already thinking of possible names for our kids. :]

I've learned a lot from Dana, and I like to think I've really grown as a person from knowing her. She's supportive, intelligent, kind, sweet and funny, to name but a few of her qualities. I've never loved anyone more and I'd do anything for her. In fact, I just bought her a little present yesterday. :] I definitely want to spend the rest of my life with her as her husband and the father of her children. I can't wait to call her my fiancée, and then my wife. It's going to be so wonderful, just as every day I spend with her is wonderful. <3

Oh, and by the way, Dana? That post made my day. I'm so lucky to have you. :D <3
    Serenity and Insanish Danish like this.

I clicked "nope" before I saw the other options, derp. I need to go to sleep.

But anyway, I don't believe in a "one," or in anyone, really. Love is a chemical reaction, just like any other emotion. I believe that there are many opportunities in life to have chemistry with someone, but whether it will work out in a long-term relationship or not depends on your respective situations in life at the time. You get a winner early on in life if you're very, very lucky. And even then, it is extremely rare that relationships really last a lifetime. People change too much, situations change. But by all means, no one says you that you can't try your best to make it last.

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

I'm shallow and mostly look for looks and curves in my women, so suffice to say I've yet to find it with anyone, really.

If I could outgrow this phase I'd start looking for amiable personalities and understanding, passion, things like that, but even then I see no guarantee any relationship will work out. What is seen is not always as it seems, after all.

Registered Music Geek Meloetta23's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I voted "I'm pretty sure," but that's only because my boyfriend is the first person I've ever dated. To be honest, though, I'm very convinced that he and I were meant to be together. We've been friends for over five years, and we've been dating for almost a year now (our anniversary is January 2). He's very sweet and understanding, and he's a big dork, which is great because I think dorks are the best people on earth. He always goes out of his way to make sure I'm happy, and sometimes he seems to go crazy trying to make sure everything is as wonderful as possible. But the thing I love most about our relationship is that we're best friends rather than just boyfriend and girlfriend, so we always feel comfortable being ourselves. My boyfriend doesn't have a lot of money, so he often regrets not being able to give me the things that he wants to or go on really romantic dates and stuff like that, but my favorite times with him are the times when we can just sit around and talk for hours and hours. Just being with him makes me happy, so why would I need anything else? Like I said, he's the only boyfriend I've ever had, so I don't have much experience with dating, but I must say that I've had a lot of luck with my first try, and I wouldn't trade my boyfriend for anything. I love him like crazy!!
    ~Meloetta23's Song of the Week~

When You Say You Love Me- Josh Groban
    When you say you love me
    The world goes still, so still inside, and
    When you say you love me
    For a moment, there's no one else alive

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The 'one' is nothing more than a social construct that makes talking about relationships and connections easier for people who would otherwise be unable to do so. To be able to say "Oh he/she is definitely the one" is an easier way to say you're in love than "He/She and I share a deep inner connection, we have similar interests and a similar outlook on life, we have dispositions that go along well with each other..." (keep going for ten minutes here)

The point is that it makes things simple to be able to just say X person is the one.

The idea that out of seven billion people on the planet, there is only one match for you is... well in my opinion it's silly. On the other hand, there's definitely someones (yes I put this in the plural) that you will find to be an excellent match for you. I'm of the opinion that there's one archetype of person that will be the perfect match and once you find someone in that archetype that's looking for someone in your archetype... that's when you'll find a happy, steady, loving relationship.

Summary for those who didn't read the above: The 'one' is a silly concept but the point of it isn't far off.
    Serenity likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I was pretty sure my crush was the one, but... since I got rejected, maybe not.

I really hope to meet someone nice and kind. Understanding is great, and it would be a plus if we share the same interests. Someone with great determination is also a plus.

Looks? I don't really care about looks as long as their personality seems 'The One'

HAS RETURNEEEEDDD!!!! AlexandraTheZoroark's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Without a doubt, I'm certain me and Cappy'll have a long life together~
    we've been together for about 3 months, and I'm certain we'll be together longer, especially since we have quite a stable relationship with each other ^_^
    Formerly LucarioGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkapoke View Post
    I am writing a paper on dakimakuras.

I've only written four paragraphs, but it's already five pages long...
    deviantART|Scratch|YouTube|Fanclub

Blog Entries

^ Is this real life?

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

^Is this just fantasy?

A cute little robot girl. Satoshi-kun's Avatar Social Media Deputy Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Satoshi-kun On Twitter Add Satoshi-kun on Facebook
    Follow Satoshi-kun on Tumblr Visit Satoshi-kun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonGoon View Post
    ^Is this just fantasy?
    Fuck yeah! Post of the year material here.

Blog Entries

I don't know if he's the one--I have no idea. I won't know until someday, if we're still together when we've grown up some more, he proposes or something. That's a long way off though--this is just the beginning of a relationship, I don't know yet.

But, he is following certain standards I am looking for in the guy I may marry someday--he respects my choice not to have sex unless I am married, he is going slowly and not rushing me into anything I'm not ready for, and he's giving me my space because you can't cut off your other relationships with friends and family for one relationship with a guy. That's not how life works, and he knows it =) so that's good.
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

I believe I have. Sadly we had to break up, but maybe when I return to Isle of Man, we will re-kindle our love :) there are other girls at my college, but no onw=e of my marriage material

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

I agree largely with HiPS's theorem but I would like to revise it in a way so that it fits my opinion more suitability.

To say that you have found the one in itself is highly laughable. That is basically saying that out of the outstanding population of the whole earth you found a person that is an absolute match for you. If you just look at the sheer improbability of that, the numbers should speak for themselves.

However in retrospect, I believe the concept of "The One" is someone that you willing to spend the rest of your life with and be happy. Thus I believe the probability of finding "The One" is based on your standards. I'll give you a personal example, which is rare of me since I don't like mixing my internet and real life too often. My ex girlfriend has a lot of troubles in her life and for her anyone that would stand for her clingyness and her constant moodiness would be considered "The One" for her as long as the man had okayish looks. So there is probably a whole multitudes of "The Ones" out in the Earth for her. But I have much higher standards, I would require "The One" to have intelligence and street smarts, not be too clingy since I'm impulsive and always on the go, and have good looks. So the probability of me finding that person anytime soon before college or at least before I get to travel out of this godforsaken town is probably zilch, which I'm fine with.

Basically my point is that the chance of you finding "The One" is how you set your standards for that special person so even though it sounds horrible people with low standards have a higher chance of finding people that qualify while people like me have to search much harder.

~VEH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast