Official Love Advice Thread - Page 6

View Poll Results: Current relationship status

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm single and I want to be with someone.

8 28.57%
  • I'm with someone online.

5 17.86%
  • I've found someone, but... eh.

1 3.57%
  • I've found a great person but I'm not quite ready yet.

4 14.29%
  • I'm only here for sex.

0 0%
  • Happily married.

0 0%
  • Divorced.

0 0%
  • About to propose.

0 0%
  • Recently broke up with someone.

0 0%
  • Currently engaged.

1 3.57%
  • I'm single and I don't mind at all.

12 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Official Love Advice Thread

Blog Entries
    Follow Daikenki On Twitter Add Daikenki on Google+
    Visit Daikenki's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Official Love Advice Thread

well then, how do i know if someone likes me? my definition of love is two people loving each other and they know it. i cant love anyone until i know they love me.

You got mail :3

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Well, I've heard that if you look at a guy and he holds your gaze longer than usual, he might like you. You can look it up, to. "How to tell if a guy likes you". Lots of results for that are from the wikiHow, which is pretty reliable. Only take articles seriously if they are nearly free of grammar and spelling errors; that usually means the info is pretty good. I hope that helps, but PM me if you didn't find anything.

All right, I have a separate question for everyone. What are some good first date ideas? People have been telling me lately that the good old "dinner and a movie" thing isn't so good, because you want to be able to talk a lot on your first date. I have heard, on the other hand, that trips to the zoo or museums are better ideas. Any personal favorite first date ideas that worked for you guys?

Blog Entries

Magmarashi,

thanks for the info. i found one wikihow article that helped me, and i will continue looking for stuff.

Blog Entries

Good! Just don't look for books. Those are more often than not just fear-mongers who will rip you off. Websites are better because, most of the time, teens and adults who really want to help provide the information from past experiences.

Can someone answer my question? Pwease?

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

@Magmarashi; : It depends on what you and your date are interested in. Don't try to go out of your way too much (for example if your date loves wrestling, but you hate it, maybe don't force yourself to go.) Not on your first date anyway. That's something that shows a little more dedication, and probably better left for a later date. Find something the two of you both like, and take them to that. So even if the date is a bust, you got to do something you like. So if you both like art, go to an art museum. If you like history, go to a history museum. Et cetera. Dinner and a movie are the norm since everyone more or less likes food and movies are so diverse that hopefully you can find one you and your date will like.

tl;dr, do something you'll both enjoy.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Blog Entries

Okay, thanks. I might ask him to go with me to the MOS or MFA (science and art museum, respectively)

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Good luck~! Hope things go well.

And I am bad!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Uhm, hi - it's been awhile :)

I wanna ask you all for advice on a slight problem I got here. There's a guy in my class that seems to like me as in 'like' like me. He's being really obvious - sitting next to me (or any seat near mime) in classes, trying to engage me in conversations that don't interest me, and ask me questions even when a teacher is present. When I choose a seat far from him, he packs his bags and moves directly near my seat. During exams, he was always trying to hang around me, bothering me with questions on the subject when I was busy reviewing test material. What's more, I don't actually see him interacting with other people - only me.

He's got some sort of language disability - he talks really really slowly, and his pronounciations are sometimes hard to distinguish. I've been polite whenever I was talking to him because I didn't want to hurt his feelings if he's sensitive about his language matters.

I don't really like this guy. He's just a plain nice boy, but I'm not interested in him. He's starting to irritate me, and he's extremely annoying. I don't want him sitting next to me or talking to me too often. Maybe he's just being friendly, but he's taking it a bit too far.

He hasn't confessed or anything, but how should I 'reject' this guy? I want to put distance between him while not hurting his feelings. I want to choose my words carefully as to not make it seem I don't like him because of his disability or so.

Blog Entries

Just tell him you're not looking for a relationship right now. He might feel bad about it, but it seems like a better reply than "I don't like you all that much".

Blog Entries

Hey,

In school there are about 4 guys I like. One or two probably likes me back. But there's one guy who obviously likes me. I don't like that one guy, but fortunately, we only have one class together. Unfortunately, we sit next to each other. And now he's just trying to get me to like me but it's annoying and I don't like him. At all. I try to ignore him, but he keeps hitting on me. I say no to pretty much everything he says. Once he said that he was reading the same book that I was, "11 Birthdays," but I know he's lying. What do I do? I can't say "I hate you" or something like that because I'm a nice person and I don't like hurting anyone, friend or enemy. Should I continue ignoring him?

One more thing, I don't talk a lot because I'm shy and timid.

Please help me, I don't want to spend the rest of my sixth grade with torture.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I have a bit of a problem here:

There's a girl I've been friends with for years, but I'm having some trouble on whether or not I should ask her out. She's fairly busy with her family, her job (which is from 3 PM to 6 PM), and her other friends. Should I continue trying to find a way to ask her out to start a relationship (she said she doesn't feel attractive, which is why she's going on a diet), or should I find someone else because of her busy schedule?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I have a bit of a problem here:

There's a girl I've been friends with for years, but I'm having some trouble on whether or not I should ask her out. She's fairly busy with her family, her job (which is from 3 PM to 6 PM), and her other friends. Should I continue trying to find a way to ask her out to start a relationship (she said she doesn't feel attractive, which is why she's going on a diet), or should I find someone else because of her busy schedule?
    If she feels the same way then she shouldn't have a problem making time in her busy schedule for you. Do you know if she shares your feelings, or your intentions to start a relationship with one another? Is she open to starting a relationship in general?

I'm preparing to leave for university and I have a lot on my plate, and even though I have a lot of feelings for a close friend (as she's expressed the same feelings), I'm not in the position in my life where I have the time to give to a relationship; maybe in the future, but just not now. It could be the same for you, but instead of guessing or assuming otherwise it might be beneficial to examine your current relationship further. The difference between asking her out or not could also depend on the type of relationship the two of you might want to maintain. If you're looking for some serious intimacy and commitment then this could not (or, at the same time, could) be it.

Start by figuring out what she's looking for, though.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    If she feels the same way then she shouldn't have a problem making time in her busy schedule for you. Do you know if she shares your feelings, or your intentions to start a relationship with one another? Is she open to starting a relationship in general?

I'm preparing to leave for university and I have a lot on my plate, and even though I have a lot of feelings for a close friend (as she's expressed the same feelings), I'm not in the position in my life where I have the time to give to a relationship; maybe in the future, but just not now. It could be the same for you, but instead of guessing or assuming otherwise it might be beneficial to examine your current relationship further. The difference between asking her out or not could also depend on the type of relationship the two of you might want to maintain. If you're looking for some serious intimacy and commitment then this could not (or, at the same time, could) be it.

Start by figuring out what she's looking for, though.
    She said she's into darker skinned men, and I'm a lighter skin, which means my chances of being with her is slim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Uhm, hi - it's been awhile :)

I wanna ask you all for advice on a slight problem I got here. There's a guy in my class that seems to like me as in 'like' like me. He's being really obvious - sitting next to me (or any seat near mime) in classes, trying to engage me in conversations that don't interest me, and ask me questions even when a teacher is present. When I choose a seat far from him, he packs his bags and moves directly near my seat. During exams, he was always trying to hang around me, bothering me with questions on the subject when I was busy reviewing test material. What's more, I don't actually see him interacting with other people - only me.

He's got some sort of language disability - he talks really really slowly, and his pronounciations are sometimes hard to distinguish. I've been polite whenever I was talking to him because I didn't want to hurt his feelings if he's sensitive about his language matters.

I don't really like this guy. He's just a plain nice boy, but I'm not interested in him. He's starting to irritate me, and he's extremely annoying. I don't want him sitting next to me or talking to me too often. Maybe he's just being friendly, but he's taking it a bit too far.

He hasn't confessed or anything, but how should I 'reject' this guy? I want to put distance between him while not hurting his feelings. I want to choose my words carefully as to not make it seem I don't like him because of his disability or so.
    (´・ω・`)

Joking aside, pull him aside one day after class and ask if there's something going on (try not to just jump to, "He likes me" and try to get his side.) If he does like you, kindly tell him that you're not interested in starting a relationship. It might hurt him a little, but being direct and honest will get the point across faster than beating around the bush, or unintentionally leading him on. Try just being friendly towards him. (AKA Friendzone)

Quote Originally Posted by oshawott501 View Post
    Hey,

In school there are about 4 guys I like. One or two probably likes me back. But there's one guy who obviously likes me. I don't like that one guy, but fortunately, we only have one class together. Unfortunately, we sit next to each other. And now he's just trying to get me to like me but it's annoying and I don't like him. At all. I try to ignore him, but he keeps hitting on me. I say no to pretty much everything he says. Once he said that he was reading the same book that I was, "11 Birthdays," but I know he's lying. What do I do? I can't say "I hate you" or something like that because I'm a nice person and I don't like hurting anyone, friend or enemy. Should I continue ignoring him?

One more thing, I don't talk a lot because I'm shy and timid.

Please help me, I don't want to spend the rest of my sixth grade with torture.
    I understand you're shy (believe me, I was practically a mute 6th - 9th grade) but try just telling him to leave you alone. If you do, and he still bothers you (or if you're too shy to do such a thing) tell a teacher. Since you're both still young, he could not take you very seriously. But with an authority figure on your side, he might start to leave you alone. If your teacher won't help, ask another teacher, or principal. I guarantee you that SOMEONE will care. I've been bullied before (as in kicked in the stomach) and I got the guy suspended from recess for the rest of the year because a kind-hearted classmate told a teacher. If no teacher will help, tell your parents, and have them come shout at the school (or maybe even the kid's parents). Basically, do anything to get this guy to leave you alone if you don't want him around, don't let him have his way with you.
    Last edited by Jo The Marten; 4th May 2012 at 02:12 PM.

And I am bad!

Blog Entries

Jo the Marten,

Thanks. Next time he bugs me, I'll try to do something to stop this. I'll just think, "There's another guy that likes you. And you like him. Nothing can stop you." It's almost the end of my school year, anyway.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast