Official Love Advice Thread - Page 3

View Poll Results: Current relationship status

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm single and I want to be with someone.

8 28.57%
  • I'm with someone online.

5 17.86%
  • I've found someone, but... eh.

1 3.57%
  • I've found a great person but I'm not quite ready yet.

4 14.29%
  • I'm only here for sex.

0 0%
  • Happily married.

0 0%
  • Divorced.

0 0%
  • About to propose.

0 0%
  • Recently broke up with someone.

0 0%
  • Currently engaged.

1 3.57%
  • I'm single and I don't mind at all.

12 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Official Love Advice Thread

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Official Love Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gone & Forgotten View Post
    Lately I have gave up on romance pretty much but life has decided to throw me for a loop.

There is a prom in February and I figured I was just going to party with friends instead, but a girl asked me to be her date and I am her friend so I said "Yes". I really didn't want to break her heart.

Only confusing thing is I was already flirting with another girl but I guess that is done... I don't even know what just happened, I mean the girl who asked isn't bad looking but its going to be awkward just cutting off all romance out of the blue with the other girl. Ahhh my head........ What the fuck life? When the only thing I desired was love I got none but now I don't need it, life has gave me it.....

Help?
    Well, I mean, going to prom with another girl doesn't mean you still can't flirt with the girl you like. Just as long as you make it clear to the girl you're going to prom with that there aren't any romantic feelings there, and that you're going just as a friend(if that's how you would like it). It would be a lot better to tell the date upfront than her being led into thinking there are feelings there when they're aren't. ^^;

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Well, I mean, going to prom with another girl doesn't mean you still can't flirt with the girl you like. Just as long as you make it clear to the girl you're going to prom with that there aren't any romantic feelings there, and that you're going just as a friend(if that's how you would like it). It would be a lot better to tell the date upfront than her being led into thinking there are feelings there when they're aren't. ^^;
    That is the confusing thing.... I never had a girl find me attractive in a romantic way before, I mean I was always told by people on the internet and friends but... I don't know who to choose......

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

That is the confusing thing.... I never had a girl find me attractive in a romantic way before, I mean I was always told by people on the internet and friends but... I don't know who to choose......
    Well, I would say make a list of the pros and cons of each girl. Try to figure out which one YOU would be most happy with. Maybe you can use this Prom as an opportunity to see if there's chemistry between you and your date?

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Well, I would say make a list of the pros and cons of each girl. Try to figure out which one YOU would be most happy with. Maybe you can use this Prom as an opportunity to see if there's chemistry between you and your date?
    All right thanks.

I'll do this, it is just it happened so suddenly......

And I thought I was done with romance and was ready to die alone...

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

All right thanks.

I'll do this, it is just it happened so suddenly......

And I thought I was done with romance and was ready to die alone...
    Yeah, I understand. I thought the same thing about myself. God puts love in our life when we least expect it.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Just curious - people say that when it comes to love, age doesn't matter. However, let's take a couple who's 10 years apart. Yeah, when it's a couple who's 35 and 25 I guess that's acceptable, but no one would allow a 15 year old love a 25 year old, right? Anyone tell me when would be the most approprite age to start saying "age doesn't matter when it comes to love"??

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

So long as both people are consenting adults, it's fine. And even then it's situational. I have a friend who met her husband at the age of 15. Three years later, she got married to him. He's 37. And they're very happy together.

Okay, yeah, it was a little creepy, but I felt better about it because both of them were mature, responsible people. That made the age thing more bearable.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    So long as both people are consenting adults, it's fine. And even then it's situational. I have a friend who met her husband at the age of 15. Three years later, she got married to him. He's 37. And they're very happy together.

Okay, yeah, it was a little creepy, but I felt better about it because both of them were mature, responsible people. That made the age thing more bearable.
    That is actually very creepy, and I would question his motives if I were you.

Actually I don't even need to be you, I already question his motives.
    That's nice.

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Exorcist Master View Post
    Just curious - people say that when it comes to love, age doesn't matter. However, let's take a couple who's 10 years apart. Yeah, when it's a couple who's 35 and 25 I guess that's acceptable, but no one would allow a 15 year old love a 25 year old, right? Anyone tell me when would be the most approprite age to start saying "age doesn't matter when it comes to love"??
    I'd say eighteen after you turn eighteen you can pretty much do whatever hell you want with whoever you want.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Flame Haze View Post
    I'd say eighteen after you turn eighteen you can pretty much do whatever hell you want with whoever you want.
    That's not true. I'm 19, and I have many restrictions still. So, age doesn't matter in that situation.

But I agree with Ryuu, as long as both people are mature and responsible, and they are both consenting adults. I don't exactly see a problem with it. My grandma and her first husband were over 25 years apart in age.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I guess. Cuz just looking at the age gap, depending on whether both are adults or not, it could be known as a romantic story... or end up as one getting shoved in jail charged for being pedophile...

Blog Entries

Ok, so I'm having a problem with my girlfriend's parents. I actually talked with my girlfriend's parents for the first time yesterday. It was the typical "don't get my daughter pregnant" type deal. Then, her dad said "Whatever you do to my daughter, I'll do to you. You touch her, I'll touch you. If you want me to grab you and kiss you on the lips, kiss her." (That one especially weirded me out because we had actually kissed for the first time earlier that day.) I know he was trying to intimidate me, but it didn't really work. (He's barely bigger than I am, actually.) He didn't intimidate me, he just kinda weirded me out. When you stare death in the face, not much scares you. He's also Italian, and he thinks he's the best etnicity there is. And I'm Irish, so... Anyway, my parents are saying they think I should break up with my girlfriend. They don't think I should put up with her parents. I really don't want to break up with her, though. We've just started getting a little more serious. Do you think our relationship would be worth dealing with creepy, over protective parents?
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries

Think about it. If someday you had a daughter, a beautiful and precious daughter, and some strange boy came in and started pursuing her... wouldn't you:

A. want to protect her, and never let anything harm your baby girl
    B. Play that funny weird dad role up just a little, for the fun of messing with some random kid's head

Wouldn't you? I'd want to do both! I wouldn't want my kid to get hurt, and I'd have a ball screwing with some kid's mind in the process of protecting my daughter. Hey, if you put up with her parents oddness, eventually they'll let up a little and see that if you're willing to go through them... you must really care about their daughter.
    Serenity likes this.
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Okay, so there's this girl. She and I have known each other our whole lives (I'm eighteen, she's seventeen), and I'm pretty sure I've been in love with her that whole time. Just the other night, I finally got up the nerve to actually tell her so. She was surprised at first, but seemed to recover quickly and told me she thought that was sweet of me to say.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure she still has a boyfriend. When I asked her about him before, she talked as though their relationship wasn't "serious", but I couldn't be sure if I was misinterpreting. Aware of this possibility, I said prior to my confession that the timing was probably inappropriate, but I didn't know if I'd get another chance (this girl is awfully hard to get a hold of due to scheduling conflicts). And afterward, I made sure to let her know that I didn't necessarily expect my confession to change anything between us, and that I just thought she had a right to know. She just thanked me for telling her and didn't say anything further on the subject—I had to leave shortly thereafter to get to my Japanese language class.

The following day, we briefly met in a hallway at her high school where I was auditioning for a musical. She was as bubbly and friendly as ever, as though nothing had happened. We didn't get a chance to discuss this in-depth, though—we only had enough time to greet each other, and for her to wish me luck again with the audition, before she had to leave.

Best I can figure, she seems okay with my having deeper feelings for her, but she hasn't given me any indication as to what exactly that implies. If anyone can help me decode this, I would be most grateful.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

My biggest advice for people dating in highschool and are young:

Never say the "Love" word unless you have been dating for a long while. It may seem like just a word but girls perceive it differently and it is as binding as any contract if you are foolish enough to use it without knowing what it means.

If you are young, date for experience, not for actual life partners. Your still young so date to find out what you want that special someone to be like. The worst thing you could probably do is date someone for all 4 years of high school as horrible as that may sound.

Try dating people with similar interests/personality. It may be fun at first dating different personality people but its like drinking a ice cold smoothie. At first you are like "Mmm this is really good, I'm glad I did this." But when you start to discover that you guys have nothing in common, you get the brainfreeze and shit falls apart.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast