Official Love Advice Thread - Page 23

View Poll Results: Current relationship status

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm single and I want to be with someone.

8 28.57%
  • I'm with someone online.

5 17.86%
  • I've found someone, but... eh.

1 3.57%
  • I've found a great person but I'm not quite ready yet.

4 14.29%
  • I'm only here for sex.

0 0%
  • Happily married.

0 0%
  • Divorced.

0 0%
  • About to propose.

0 0%
  • Recently broke up with someone.

0 0%
  • Currently engaged.

1 3.57%
  • I'm single and I don't mind at all.

12 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Official Love Advice Thread

Default Re: Official Love Advice Thread

So what is it with women and "I'll think about it" meaning "no" the majority of the time? I can understand not wanting to hurt someone's feelings, but I would rather go through pain now and move on than deal with anxiety as I wait for an answer and then end up being disappointed and having to wallow in misery about it later.

My friend and I have been good friends for years now. I've sought furthering our relationship recently. About a month ago, we went to go see a movie, just the two of us, but it never went further than a hug. That tells me that she must have at least some feelings for me. Last Sunday I brought up the subject, and she said that she'll have to think about it. She does have a legitimate concern if we were to pursue a romantic relationship: she goes to school in North Carolina and comes home only for two or three breaks, and I go to school here in Georgia.

Because she said she'll think about it, experience-based disappointment is setting in, and I've been losing sleep (what little I get anyways) because of this. Should I just be patient and wait for whatever she decides, or should I just give up now?

Mörë kvlt thän thöv Kane Dunestorm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kane Dunestorm On Twitter Add Kane Dunestorm on Facebook Add Kane Dunestorm on Google+
    Add Kane Dunestorm on Linkedin Follow Kane Dunestorm on Tumblr Follow Kane Dunestorm on Flickr Visit Kane Dunestorm's Youtube Channel

@Dread Advocate; - Gosh, I definitely know what you mean. I've had to dump my past two girlfriends because they weren't honest with me about their feelings, even after I made it perfectly clear that I need them to be honest with me. However, my advice on this situation is that she most definitely is thinking about it. She probably is having some second thoughts because she might not want to risk losing you as a friend. You're going to need to give her time on this, and ultimately accept it if she decides to just be friends. Honestly, it's better than another option she could possibly take, which is to get offended and completely walk away from you.

YouTube | Tumblr | Dunestorm.com
    I play Pokémon Y! My Friend Code is: 4983-5814-6366

Okay. She leaves for school on Friday, so the next time we'll see each other will be around Christmas. Any advice for handling the intense amounts of anxiety I'm facing while I wait? I keep trying to keep my mind distracted, but most everything I do I can do mindlessly, and so my mind constantly drifts to my above-mentioned "experience-based disappointment." It's gotten so bad that I had a panic attack earlier today while trying to keep myself busy.

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

Ok so, my crush is marching band with me. He also likes the same things I do (Pokemon, Zelda, musicals, drawing, etc...) We're even friendly with each other.

My issue? He likes another girl. They've been friends for 2 years, and he always hangs out around her. She's in none of the same clubs we are, and is only in band class with us. Not to mention she called me obsessed with Pokemon, weird, and friendless. I don't want to tell any of my friends as of yet, and I'm really at a loss what to do.

Band camp is coming up next week and I was wondering what to do. Thank you! <3

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Blog Entries
    Follow Kane Dunestorm On Twitter Add Kane Dunestorm on Facebook Add Kane Dunestorm on Google+
    Add Kane Dunestorm on Linkedin Follow Kane Dunestorm on Tumblr Follow Kane Dunestorm on Flickr Visit Kane Dunestorm's Youtube Channel

@Dread Advocate; - If she's going to be going away long distance and keeps you waiting until after she leaves, I hate to say it, but she maybe a lost cause. You can try and bring up the subject gently, perhaps tell her that every day you are left waiting for an answer, that you lose sleep, and grow more miserable. However, I'm going to tell you this much from my own experience: if she's going to be long distance for a while, it's going to SUCK, so you may not want to pursue it any further if you don't think you can deal with that.
    @Autumnbreeze; - Just flat out talk to him about it. Guys desire straightforwardness most of the time when it comes to these sort of things, as a lot of the time they are pretty oblivious to certain clues. Tell him how you feel, and ask him how he feels about this other girl. You may actually be misjudging the situation, and it in fact may be more optimal than you originally thought.

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

Oh, thank you! I'll try that. :D

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

I'm seeing a guy I really like. He likes all the same things I do (Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Disney, Digimon, etc...). I went on a date with him this past Tuesday, and already I'm developing feelings for him. I really like this guy a lot. I don't want to rush into things, but taking things slow is difficult for me because of my past with my ex and I don't want to lose a good opportunity because my emotions are all out of whack.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Head in the clouds Blanco Madness's Avatar

Big story ahead
    Black fc 2708 7393 4411
    Whoever knew I could be this lonely, holding you in my arms, if only, if only

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

I say just continue to be there for her, maybe have a few more cuddle sessions. Maybe tell her your own personal history so she knows how rough you've had it. If there's good chemistry between you two, eventually you'll click and she'll open up her walls for you.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Head in the clouds Blanco Madness's Avatar

Thank you, I guess that's the only real thing I can do. We'll see where it goes.
    Black fc 2708 7393 4411
    Whoever knew I could be this lonely, holding you in my arms, if only, if only

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Now, my school covers a wide area. There was this girl I had a crush on, but due to area, I couldn't see her all summer. When I was back to school, I found out she changed for the worse. She devolved from an optimistic, cheerful, nice, and funny person to a swearing, always complaining, mean person. I'm kind of torn between what to do, because I think the old her could still be inside. What should I do?

Blog Entries

Default The Relationship Thread

Are you currently in a relationship with a guy/girl, got a major crush on somebody and planning to take it further, or are you not in relationship right now and you want to be in one? In any case, you can take about your own personal relationships here.

I have a major crush on a guy at college. I've known him for a few weeks now and from the first time we met each other I was instantly attracted to him. We've been really good friends from the start and I'd be more than willing to take this further.

Blog Entries

This could very well be your chance to win her heart. My advice, is to tell her that you've noticed the changes, and ask her if there's anything that happened or that's bugging her to cause it, in a kind manner that's more showing concern than anything. She could be going through some hard times and by you noticing it, it shows that you, well, notice her, and a lot of girls like that because it makes them feel special. One thing that's key to snagging someone's interest, is making them feel special and one of a kind.

Holy crud I just realized when the last post was posted... My bad. X.X

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Relationship Thread

all of my past relationships have gone up in smoke but for me currently with school, ive put looking for a girl on the back burner until i get out of college, get my own sports car, and a realitivly stable source of income. basically unless the "perfect one" happens to randomly fall from the sky, im not actvily pursuing a relationship. with the three relationships ive been in the one that was the biggest gut puncher was the first one. with it being my first real relationship i missed some key red flags which i should have known that it wasnt going to work. the first red flag came at homecoming when my ex told me that she refused to slow dance with cause " would make out with her". to me i really was offended at that remark. at that time we had been together for 2 months. it slowly got worse and worse after that. another red flag was she would rarely let me drive her home from school cause another of our friends would take her home. yea... and the final blow was after she broke up with me the monday after prom. classy... the thing that really got me was that she blantanly stated that she wouldnt be offended if i dated other girls and came across that i shouldnt be if she did the same. so yea. 9 months of really nothing but on the plus side, i learned some valueble lessons in the romantic world. but hey its all her loss.
    Last edited by 97SaturnSL1; 29th September 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Relationship Thread

What about just being in a classic relationship? Dating? I don't think I see that option up there.

That's where I'm at, and I'm the happiest I've been in a very long time.
    Heredity likes this.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast