Official Love Advice Thread - Page 22

View Poll Results: Current relationship status

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm single and I want to be with someone.

8 28.57%
  • I'm with someone online.

5 17.86%
  • I've found someone, but... eh.

1 3.57%
  • I've found a great person but I'm not quite ready yet.

4 14.29%
  • I'm only here for sex.

0 0%
  • Happily married.

0 0%
  • Divorced.

0 0%
  • About to propose.

0 0%
  • Recently broke up with someone.

0 0%
  • Currently engaged.

1 3.57%
  • I'm single and I don't mind at all.

12 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Official Love Advice Thread

Mörë kvlt thän thöv Kane Dunestorm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kane Dunestorm On Twitter Add Kane Dunestorm on Facebook Add Kane Dunestorm on Google+
    Add Kane Dunestorm on Linkedin Follow Kane Dunestorm on Tumblr Follow Kane Dunestorm on Flickr Visit Kane Dunestorm's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Official Love Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    That's sweet! I hope things work out for you two! Just remember, take it slow. Since you two are coming out of breakups, there still might be some unresolved feelings. It would be best to sort those feelings out so it doesn't complicate the situation.
    So, it didn't work out, because she really had trouble resolving her feelings from her previous breakup, and it wouldn't have worked out regardless as she chickened out of telling me that. I absolutely despise it when somebody doesn't tell me something or disguises the truth because they don't think I want to hear it. No, I want honesty, because its only going to be worse when I find out the truth, and trust me, I will.

Meanwhile, I'm in a bit of a dilemma now... There are THREE different girls, yes, THREE that seem to be pursuing me... I really hope I'm not leading them on, so how do I go about getting out of this without hurting my reputation and their feelings?

YouTube | Tumblr | Dunestorm.com
    I play Pokémon Y! My Friend Code is: 4983-5814-6366

Blog Entries

Hey @Octy; or anybody else. I seem to like this girl that's kind of the "stuck up"/think she's better than anybody else type. But those are the types I don't like and I still find myself thinking about her and wanting to date her/be her boyfriend........so like what do I do? Try talking to her or just try my best to not think about her? Because this is really confusing :/

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Elec-boy View Post
    Hey @Octy; or anybody else. I seem to like this girl that's kind of the "stuck up"/think she's better than anybody else type. But those are the types I don't like and I still find myself thinking about her and wanting to date her/be her boyfriend........so like what do I do? Try talking to her or just try my best to not think about her? Because this is really confusing :/
    Well, you know what they say, love is blind. Even if she has an attribute you dislike, if you find yourself thinking about her often, try and think about what you like about her, as opposed to what you dislike about her. Maybe even try to look past that aspect of her, or maybe even become accustomed to it. :3 I know that's not very good advice, but I'd say if you really like her, don't spend too long looking at the faults.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Scone View Post
    Well, you know what they say, love is blind. Even if she has an attribute you dislike, if you find yourself thinking about her often, try and think about what you like about her, as opposed to what you dislike about her. Maybe even try to look past that aspect of her, or maybe even become accustomed to it. :3 I know that's not very good advice, but I'd say if you really like her, don't spend too long looking at the faults.
    She does have pretty eyes and a pretty face and etc. I'll try your advice. :)

Blog Entries
    Follow Kane Dunestorm On Twitter Add Kane Dunestorm on Facebook Add Kane Dunestorm on Google+
    Add Kane Dunestorm on Linkedin Follow Kane Dunestorm on Tumblr Follow Kane Dunestorm on Flickr Visit Kane Dunestorm's Youtube Channel

Is there anything about her that you like that's not physical? If not, then I'm going to be honest here: She's not worth it.
    Dream-boy likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Dunestorm View Post
    Is there anything about her that you like that's not physical? If not, then I'm going to be honest here: She's not worth it.
    When it comes to this question the answer is no. So you're right, she's not worth it. Seems I'll just keep waiting for the right girl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Dunestorm View Post
    When it comes to this question the answer is no. So you're right, she's not worth it. Seems I'll just keep waiting for the right girl.
    Yup, and trust me, its a very good idea to be patient with this sort of thing. I was saved a lot of drama and heartache by not rushing too quickly into dating and relationships and what not. I'm almost 25 and just now starting on my second relationship, but with a girl who I seem to have known forever. That's the type of person you need to look for - someone who you feel a deep emotional connection to, someone who it seems like you could tell anything and they'd love you for it because it came out of your mouth.
    Dream-boy likes this.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

As important as appearances are (It's not shallow. If you want to spend a lot of time with someone, it's always good if you actually find their face pleasing to look at.) you should like them for their personality as well. There needs to be chemistry between the two of you. It almost is like chemistry. You'll just notice these clicks, almost like fitting pieces of a puzzle together, and they'll almost complete you. Find someone who you like for their mind, and their body. Some people look for appearances first, and learn personality later, others like to know a person before they evaluate their appearance. Personally, I'm the latter as a person's personality does tend to effect how I see them, so I prefer to get to know someone beforehand.
    Kane Dunestorm and Serenity like this.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Blog Entries

Okay, I need some help here:

I think I might have upset my girlfriend, but I'm not sure what it was and she's not answering me when I ask her about it. Is there any way to get her to break the silence without making it worse? :/

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

That sounds very immature on her part. Maybe bring it up that holding a grudge will get her nowhere, and the only way to solve the problem is to talk about it. A dirtier way of going about it is asking her friends if she's mentioned anything to them. But it really would be best to hear it from her, cause if she finds out you went behind her back and asked her friends, it might make her even more mad (even though it's her fault and she ought to share her issues with you in the first place rather than leaving you of all people out of the loop.) The only other thing I can think of is just leaving it alone for a while and see if she brings anything up. It could be she just needs time to think about it. Perhaps something you said did upset her and she's just figuring out her feelings, and what to say. Either way, it would be best if she could at least give you something to work on. The silent treatment and cold shoulder routines never seem effective in my opinion. It only distances the two people. How can you trust someone who won't tell you how they feel?

And I am bad!

Blog Entries

Well, before you had made that reply, I had talked to her about it and everything is fine. I still am slightly worried that there is a communication issue still, but for now I'll let it pass and see if it works out on its own, like every issue I've had so far with her has.

Blog Entries

Yeah, communication in a relationship is vital.

And I am bad!

Blog Entries

Especially for someone like me, who gets extremely bothered when there's a lot of uncertainty - it gives me lots of anxiety that I just don't need.

EDIT: So, it's become extremely apparent that there truly is a communication issue. For several days now she just will not talk to me unless I get upset with her about it, and then she'll make up a gazillion excuses.

Should I call it quits? :(
    Last edited by Kane Dunestorm; 22nd July 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries

@Kane Dunestorm;

You've probably already done something about it, but I suggest time. If things only get worse, or don't improve, you might consider ending the relationship. However, give her the benefit of the doubt. There's probably something else on her mind.

Anyways! I came here for my own advice...

The past several months, I've been hanging out with a girl. She's nice, sweet, and an amazing person in general. We're closer than I've ever been with a girl, and I'm considering going further, to make it into an official relationship or somesuch.

I've heard word from outside channels (one of my good friends, whose girlfriend is one of her good friends), that the girl has a major crush on me, which would normally lead to the conclusion that I should just go for it. Swell, right? That's one of the things I want most.

The catch is that, whenever she brings up the topic of relationships in general (and she does this quite often, thought I'd make a note of it), she talks about how her sister wants her to get into a relationship with someone. Now, this's confused me enough, trying to determine what this means, that I end up not saying anything that would move us forward. And coming off our last not-quite-date, I can't explain it any more than I felt a feeling of disappointment coming from her.

If anyone could offer their input/analysis of my situation, that'd be awesome. I really have no idea what I'm doing, and it would save the both of us some drama.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

Holy crap this is ironic, considering I just broke up with her today. I just wasn't happy with how little she paid attention to me. No, that does not mean I was clingy, not at all, because it was almost impossible to get her to hang out with me.

So, I'm moving forward. Also, seeing how I'm not the type to hold onto feelings very long, I'm continuing my search almost immediately.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast