Official Love Advice Thread - Page 2

View Poll Results: Current relationship status

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm single and I want to be with someone.

8 28.57%
  • I'm with someone online.

5 17.86%
  • I've found someone, but... eh.

1 3.57%
  • I've found a great person but I'm not quite ready yet.

4 14.29%
  • I'm only here for sex.

0 0%
  • Happily married.

0 0%
  • Divorced.

0 0%
  • About to propose.

0 0%
  • Recently broke up with someone.

0 0%
  • Currently engaged.

1 3.57%
  • I'm single and I don't mind at all.

12 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Official Love Advice Thread

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Official Love Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NeedleStorm View Post
    Anyone know good ways to ask people out and/or tell them you have a crush on them?
    Most girls/boys will appreciate the courage if you just ask them face to face and will at least give you a chance.

Just go up and ask them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Continent Turtle View Post
    I wouldn't have a clue. I've got the same problem. And when I finally get the courage to ask a girl out, (happened twice) they would look at me like I'm a cockroach and just walk away. Didn't really boost my self-confidence...
    Same advice as above and if they reject you, just shake the dust off your shoes and walk as if your on top of the world.

And it helps if you already are their friends if you want to ask them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Flame Haze View Post
    I don't know if I'll get any advice from this since it seems a little complicated.

Well you see, lately I've been having some trouble dealing with girls, it's not that I can't talk to them it's that I don't know what to talk about when I'm with a girl I like or I find cute I get really nervous and can only think of short topics not just that but even if I do find something that we could talk about I don't know how she'll feel about it and react so I just decide not to do it.
    Well what I do is look at the girl and find some special feature about her, maybe the ways she dresses or applies her make up and simply compliment that. Girls put on makeup to get complimented believe it or not. And just start it from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaarasword View Post
    So, there's a girl I like and she asks me about my life and stuff. I'm not sure how she feels or anything. Or even some of the things she's into and I want to know. So any advice is greatly appreciated.
    If she is asking you about your life, she may already have a crush on you.

Just get to be her friend then just ask her out.

Simple as that.

Obviously she is already interested in conversing with you so use that to your advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by istore View Post
    I would just like to share something.
    I have known this special girl for four years now, wow time flies! Anyways, we were always friends, nothing super special, as in we never hung outside out of classes or anything. More or less since my sophomore year of high school (met her in eighth grade, and am currently a senior) I've had feelings I never had for anyone else in my life. Sure I had my crushes and all of that in the past but these feelings are different. Very recently we hung out outside of school, I drove her home etc. and she wants to hang out again soon so I was ecstatic when she told me this but I am having trouble figuring out if she actually has these same feelings towards me, that I have towards her. It seems like she does but I can't be certain. And the thing is I don't want to do anything wrong, because she's an angel and I don't want to mess anything up. If anyone thinks that they can help out, feel free to PM/VM me.

Basically, if you didn't feel like reading the above post there is a girl, she's amazing, but I don't want to screw anything up!
    If she is your friend and you really feel special about her, just ask her out face to face.

That is the best way to go and most people will appreciate if you have the courage.

Just try to find her when you two are just hanging out by yourselves and ask!

Tip :Never Hesitate
    Durbe likes this.

Blog Entries

I know the phrase "He who hesitates is lost" or something like that, and here you are basically saying the same thing. And you're right when you say what you say. We'll see what the next few days bring, I appreciate the feedback.

Retired RNGer. May pick up again in the future.
    What

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

I know the phrase "He who hesitates is lost" or something like that, and here you are basically saying the same thing. And you're right when you say what you say. We'll see what the next few days bring, I appreciate the feedback.
    No problem, make sure to tell me if it works out!

Blog Entries

Will do, it might not all happen for a while as I will be out of state for a while due to an illness in the family and would like to spend some of my grandfathers final days with him so not much can happen if I'm 5 hours away!

Retired RNGer. May pick up again in the future.
    What

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Will do, it might not all happen for a while as I will be out of state for a while due to an illness in the family and would like to spend some of my grandfathers final days with him so not much can happen if I'm 5 hours away!
    That sucks about your grandfather.

Anyways, time is no issue to me.

Just make sure to let me know if my advice is any good

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I've actually always have a problem with the no hesitating thing.

You know when you fall in love with a girl who just has a lot of friends that she knows a lot longer than you and might have better chances with them rather than you, that's what happens a lot with me I get nervous because I'm not as consistent in her life so I always hesitate in telling her how I feel cause I want to get to know her better and for her to know me better first.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

I've actually always have a problem with the no hesitating thing.

You know when you fall in love with a girl who just has a lot of friends that she knows a lot longer than you and might have better chances with them rather than you, that's what happens a lot with me I get nervous because I'm not as consistent in her life so I always hesitate in telling her how I feel cause I want to get to know her better and for her to know me better first.
    You are always going to have the problem with any girl.

There is always going to be that one smarter, taller, better looking guy that is going to be in the competition but if you get to know her and ask her out, she will probably give you a chance just out of sheer guts you had.

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

I have a very weird situation, OK. I have a crush on my Play directors son, :P We got along well, I used to be in 7th grade he used to be in 8th. We were in the play, Godspell together. Ha, I was Light of the World and he was John the Baptist which = moments. We got thru it. The problem is now when I see him or say hi, he just...well ignores me :/ I understand he's now in high and I'm the 8th grader....but I have one chance left during the last play this year, he helps his mom out. So, I need your help thanks~!
    PS. I have his cousin's #....she think's I hate him, I'm cool with his mom...but it's awkward asking her tho :/

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Anyone know how to get out of this awkward situation of having a stranger suddenly ask you out for tea in the middle of anywhere? It happened to me a few years ago, and I just ran away at that moment. What do you think is the best reaction? Running away seemed a little rude, to be honest.

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

If you really don't want to go out with him then just respectfully decline his invitation it can do a lot of damage to a guy when he sees the girl he just asked out run away.

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Exorcist Master View Post
    Anyone know how to get out of this awkward situation of having a stranger suddenly ask you out for tea in the middle of anywhere? It happened to me a few years ago, and I just ran away at that moment. What do you think is the best reaction? Running away seemed a little rude, to be honest.
    Yeah, a guy at school likes me and he's...well...weird. Just politely say no as Sky Flame Haze said, he's correct :D

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Please for the love of God, just next time say no.

I remember once a girl did that to me and that is one of the main reasons I'm uncaring and tough now.

Blog Entries

I'm not quite sure how effective actually saying to a girl you think she's 'special' is. It's just really old-fashioned. I don't have heaps of experience with talking about feelings, but if you can get them some drink and bring them to a club, you're sorted.

Well, works for Europeans with the being able to drink when you're from sixteen to eighteen very easily

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

If you really don't want to go out with him then just respectfully decline his invitation it can do a lot of damage to a guy when he sees the girl he just asked out run away.
    Yeah, I should have done that... I never thought someone would ask me out on the streets, and it kinda left me shocked as well. I didn't know how to react and just got out of there as fast as I could.

If, by any chances that person might be reading this, I'm really sorry.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Lately I have gave up on romance pretty much but life has decided to throw me for a loop.

There is a prom in February and I figured I was just going to party with friends instead, but a girl asked me to be her date and I am her friend so I said "Yes". I really didn't want to break her heart.

Only confusing thing is I was already flirting with another girl but I guess that is done... I don't even know what just happened, I mean the girl who asked isn't bad looking but its going to be awkward just cutting off all romance out of the blue with the other girl. Ahhh my head........ What the fuck life? When the only thing I desired was love I got none but now I don't need it, life has gave me it.....

Help?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast