Official Love Advice Thread - Page 18

View Poll Results: Current relationship status

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm single and I want to be with someone.

8 28.57%
  • I'm with someone online.

5 17.86%
  • I've found someone, but... eh.

1 3.57%
  • I've found a great person but I'm not quite ready yet.

4 14.29%
  • I'm only here for sex.

0 0%
  • Happily married.

0 0%
  • Divorced.

0 0%
  • About to propose.

0 0%
  • Recently broke up with someone.

0 0%
  • Currently engaged.

1 3.57%
  • I'm single and I don't mind at all.

12 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Official Love Advice Thread

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: Official Love Advice Thread

@GliscorMan; The fact is, the vast majority of relationships end, whether it's your first one or your fiftieth one. If you never try, you never learn - which will make you better at the future relationships. But it doesn't make sense to not take a chance on a relationship because of the possibility that it might end. What matters are the good times you had, and how to go forward after it does end.

No one ever wants to break up with anyone, but it happens. You can't worry about what the end of a relationship will be like if it keeps you from starting one. Heartache hurts, but I think most of us would say it's worth it.

Last edited by Cariad; 1st March 2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Fixed a broken mention and added a spoiler tag to the video.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

so uh kind of an update

old girl I told you guys about, her mother talked to me and asked why I haven't asked her out,I couldn't answer though because I had to go take care of some family business but I'm not really trying to freak out her mother with all this business, so I'm just gonna say "she wasn't interested"

plus I really like her cookies

Follow Charazemma On Twitter Add Charazemma on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    Cookies are important.

Does anyone else find (presuming that a good amount of you, like me, prefer the internet and games to wild night out) that its impossible to meet anyone? Comicon comes but once a year, so my odds of finding someone who shares similar interests is slim. I hate that normal young adults in the UK tend to meet people on nights out etc. I dont have a great deal of friends and I work a lot, I feel like I'm going to be forever alone :(
    I'm a girl.

I call a Squirrel legendary in X and Y, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charazemma View Post
    Cookies are important.

Does anyone else find (presuming that a good amount of you, like me, prefer the internet and games to wild night out) that its impossible to meet anyone? Comicon comes but once a year, so my odds of finding someone who shares similar interests is slim. I hate that normal young adults in the UK tend to meet people on nights out etc. I dont have a great deal of friends and I work a lot, I feel like I'm going to be forever alone :(
    I understand that feeling, but trust me that you meet people in some of the weirdest places.

I wouldn't say the people who meet folks on nights out are normal either-

Blog Entries

I went on a date about a month ago with this really cute girl. We had a lot of common interests and I thought we really connected, and we did - but not in a romantic/sexual way. Turns out she just wants to be friends.

Which is cool, but I think I am kind of attracted to her. I would really like to be friends with her, but I don't want to fall into that "Nice Guy" trap where it feels like I'm only hanging out with her hoping it develops into something more. (I mean, I would love if that happened, but I'm not counting on it and our friendship is not going to be conditional upon that.)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

And suddenly, love triangle. Um, this is gonna be interesting if it's actually what I think it is, which I hope to God it isn't actually.

Uh. I'll keep you guys posted. I'LL NEED ADVICE PROBABLY.
    @Goodbye Blue Monday;

I'd suggest just riding it out. Just be there, see what happens.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

There was this cute guy from Kazakhstan that I met on the T (Boston's subway) right before the holidays and we hit it off really well. He's also a grad student at my school, in computer science. We exchanged numbers, and then I texted him after we got back from break and we meant to hang out but I dunno, I psyched myself out about how I was being too forward and not sure if I liked him like that or whatever. It's been a while, but I do think I would like to hang out with him, though. I'm just worried I acted like such a psychopath during the whole previous ordeal that he doesn't want to hang out with me anymore. I mean, he hasn't texted me at all since we were supposed to hang out and he was busy, back in early February.

God, why do I create so much needless drama for myself? Do I want my life to be a bad shoujo manga?

i'm sure if you texted him he'd probably hit you up

i'm kind of bad at keeping in touch with people like that when iget busy so sometimes the random text can lead to good things

Blog Entries

I don't know. Like, I'm not sure if I completely misread his intentions. And he was mainly the one contacting me, not the other way around. And then he just stopped.

I also feel like he was probably put off by the fact that I kept insisting on texting rather than calling because I was nervous on the phone. I forgot that he's not a very good English speaker and probably struggles with texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I don't know. Like, I'm not sure if I completely misread his intentions. And he was mainly the one contacting me, not the other way around. And then he just stopped.

I also feel like he was probably put off by the fact that I kept insisting on texting rather than calling because I was nervous on the phone. I forgot that he's not a very good English speaker and probably struggles with texts.
    sounds like you're over thinking it a bit. I'm sure if you did decide to call him rather than text, he'd be okay with talking on the phone or arranging something. You seem to be very understanding about the language barrier too

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    There was this cute guy from Kazakhstan that I met on the T (Boston's subway) right before the holidays and we hit it off really well. He's also a grad student at my school, in computer science. We exchanged numbers, and then I texted him after we got back from break and we meant to hang out but I dunno, I psyched myself out about how I was being too forward and not sure if I liked him like that or whatever. It's been a while, but I do think I would like to hang out with him, though. I'm just worried I acted like such a psychopath during the whole previous ordeal that he doesn't want to hang out with me anymore. I mean, he hasn't texted me at all since we were supposed to hang out and he was busy, back in early February.

God, why do I create so much needless drama for myself? Do I want my life to be a bad shoujo manga?
    I know exactly how you feel. I think you should just send him an apology for not hanging out sometime, and see how he responds. Then you should be able to work from there toward setting up something else. If he says he's busy, ask him when he's not.

Blog Entries

So I have a bit of a problem!

Normally, I have no difficulties in the romance/sex department. I'm Colonel Mustang, every woman in East City and, hell, probably all of Amestris wants me. Probably a good chunk of the men, too. That's just how I am.

Alas, the one woman I really want is one I can't have. She works below me in the military, and there are some pretty strict laws about relationships between officers and their direct subordinates. I'm almost certain that she feels the same way, but I don't want to risk my ambitions on a relationship. I don't think she wants me to, either. Help! What should I do?
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 1st April 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Roy Mustang View Post
    So I have a bit of a problem!

Normally, I have no difficulties in the romance/sex department. I'm Colonel Mustang, every woman in East City and, hell, probably all of Amestris wants me. Probably a good chunk of the men, too. That's just how I am.

Alas, the one woman I really want is one I can't have. She works below me in the military, and there are some pretty strict laws about relationships between officers and their direct subordinates. I'm almost certain that she feels the same way, but I don't want to risk my ambitions on a relationship. I don't think she wants me to, either. Help! What should I do?
    Get to the top and then change the rules. That's all I can say. Also use your head not well your other stuff.
    The Fearless Empress of the Bird Reich

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrebird View Post
    Get to the top and then change the rules. That's all I can say.
    That will take a very long time, though. I have needs!

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Stop worrying about love, Colonel. You've got to stop Scar and kill Homunculi. I'm sure your lady friend will understand.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast