Official Love Advice Thread - Page 15

View Poll Results: Current relationship status

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm single and I want to be with someone.

8 28.57%
  • I'm with someone online.

5 17.86%
  • I've found someone, but... eh.

1 3.57%
  • I've found a great person but I'm not quite ready yet.

4 14.29%
  • I'm only here for sex.

0 0%
  • Happily married.

0 0%
  • Divorced.

0 0%
  • About to propose.

0 0%
  • Recently broke up with someone.

0 0%
  • Currently engaged.

1 3.57%
  • I'm single and I don't mind at all.

12 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Official Love Advice Thread

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: Official Love Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lylian View Post
    Any good ideas to start conversations with my classmate? I miss the random chats.
    How about chatting about the classwork or homework? There's something you're bound to have in common, so that's a good ice-breaker.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Sigh... I think I'm taking a truce with the idea of love. Right now, I'm just not feeling it. I will concentrate in my studies for now, and let things happen as they go.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Charizard fan since 1996 Charraze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay quick advice,

I'm not the best looking in my year. I am average looking and average weight. But I'm probably up there with one of the cleverest in my year (without meaning to brag). I've been talking with this girl who my mate (who gets a girlfriend every second it seems) that this girl in my class would be perfect for me. We've been talking for a bit and we laugh a lot. Whenever I play dares with my mates in lessons it always seems that my dare has to do with something with this girl. But recently this barbie doll of a kid in my year has been talking to her. It's ridiculous how he looks actually, he looks like he's made of plastic. I could never compete with him. He told me to lay off of her because she was his. I really don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance
    WHITE FC: 3010 2870 9206

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Charraze View Post
    Okay quick advice,

I'm not the best looking in my year. I am average looking and average weight. But I'm probably up there with one of the cleverest in my year (without meaning to brag). I've been talking with this girl who my mate (who gets a girlfriend every second it seems) that this girl in my class would be perfect for me. We've been talking for a bit and we laugh a lot. Whenever I play dares with my mates in lessons it always seems that my dare has to do with something with this girl. But recently this barbie doll of a kid in my year has been talking to her. It's ridiculous how he looks actually, he looks like he's made of plastic. I could never compete with him. He told me to lay off of her because she was his. I really don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance
    Are they dating? If not, then you can always try. Besides, it's not like he actually owns her; she's a person. It's her decision on who she sees.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

No there not, and she's told me she doesn't like him.

I think I may have undermined this kid. He is basically the rare human being who is amazing at everything. He is f***ing massive and his goons follow him everywhere. My friend got into girl trouble featuring him the second year of secondary school. He doesn't go there anymore. Mr Hench turned the entire school against him, so he moved home to Yorkshire.

I just think that if I do end up with her, Mr Hench will do the same to me.

To make things worse the Headmaster is his uncle. I don't think anymore needs to be said.

That's kinda what I need advice on, what to do. I was in a hurry and didn't explain myself correctly,

Thanks in advance

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charraze View Post
    No there not, and she's told me she doesn't like him.

I think I may have undermined this kid. He is basically the rare human being who is amazing at everything. He is f***ing massive and his goons follow him everywhere. My friend got into girl trouble featuring him the second year of secondary school. He doesn't go there anymore. Mr Hench turned the entire school against him, so he moved home to Yorkshire.

I just think that if I do end up with her, Mr Hench will do the same to me.

To make things worse the Headmaster is his uncle. I don't think anymore needs to be said.

That's kinda what I need advice on, what to do. I was in a hurry and didn't explain myself correctly,

Thanks in advance
    I say definitely go for it. I highly doubt the whole reasoning for the other kid moving back to Yorkshire was because of Mr Hench, though I certainly believe that these were the persistent rumours, probably encouraged by Hench and his mates.

Go for this girl: she obviously likes you and not him. At the end of the day the fact that she doesn't like him will be obvious to people, particularly your friends. The more he tries to fight for her when she doesn't like him, the more ridiculous and pathetic he will look.

Blog Entries

Thanks!
    That's some great advice. Thanks so much!
    WHITE FC: 3010 2870 9206

It's been a few weeks of quietness. Why does the group he sits with all talk to me more than he does? Still being shy, or something else?

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

Finally got the guts to ask a girl I know if she'd like to be together with me(boyfriend&girlfriend shiz) we've talked a lot,could relate on so many things I almost felt like it was destiny...to find out she has a boyfriend who's been with her for 3 years.... I'm not the kind of guy to pester a girl about they're love life,but it was a bit stupid of me to not ask if she had one to begin with,never brought him up .-.

I'm over it though..
    Last edited by Yu Narukami; 24th October 2012 at 11:51 PM.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries
    Follow Daikenki On Twitter Add Daikenki on Google+
    Visit Daikenki's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Lylian View Post
    It's been a few weeks of quietness. Why does the group he sits with all talk to me more than he does? Still being shy, or something else?
    Most likely shyness. And his group might be talking to you more often maybe because they want you to be their friend or steal you from that guy you like. How about go up to the guy and ask him? Or just talk to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikenki View Post

EDIT: I think a clearer question would be how can I be comfortable in treating him like a normal person/friend?
    Start by saying hi to him regularly :)
    Okay I will try that :) honestly I don't aim to have a boyfriend but I want to be friends with guys
    Last edited by Mintaka; 31st October 2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: merging posts
    maglev likes this.

You got mail :3

No, don't think stealing me is likely. (The friends are all girls.) They will talk to me a little more in most classes, but not all the time. I want to talk to him, but I can't seem to find the time or anything worth saying.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Girls (and guys too), I want your advice on something if that's okay - Am I paranoid, over-thinking things, or is there actually something in all of this?

Basically, I've known this girl for a few years now. Every time we've met up though, she's been with a mutual friend. A couple of months ago was the first time we were alone (we both had things to do in town, so we thought we'd kill two birds with one stone) and I had an amazing time - we even ended up in a Costa Coffee laughing for about an hour at lame duck-related Hunger Games puns (she won with Quackniss methinks).

Today, me and her met up again. We were discussing it last night and she said how today is her niece's birthday, so I insisted that she see her niece and we meet up next week. She outright said that it doesn't matter if she sees her niece, as I had said earlier in the week that I was growing bored (we came to compromise that we would meet up until she had to see her niece). When I did meet up with her though, I saw her wearing lipstick for the first time. I know a lot of people are probably reading this thinking "Is this guy insane?" (the answer: yes, probably), but I shave every morning on days that I see her. I've been told that I actually look good with a bit of stubble and a moustache, but I know that she dislikes facial hair. Also, I noticed that during each of the two times we've been alone, she's made slight references to marriage (the first time she pointed out a store she said she'd love to buy a wedding dress from and today she joked that she wanted to marry the guy at Starbucks who got our Supernatural reference with the names on the cups. My brother's wife once told me to make comments like that when around her to see how she reacted to try and find out her feelings. Could I be over-reacting, or could she being the same to me?).

Also, a few months ago, when I was briefly over at her house (me and our mutual friend were collecting her to go see a film), when her mum realised who I was, she said that "[the girl] often talks about you [me] a lot" and when I joked "Good things, I hope." she went deathly silent.

I'm worried about confessing though. Me and her have been good friends for a long time and I have had past experience of confessing to good friends, only for it go sour. I really do like her as a person, so I'm scared of that happening again. I'm tempted to ask our mutual friend about it next time I catch it, but I dunno what to do...

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Sounds like you two really get along. Asking your mutual friends what she says about you might help. Talk to her some more, see what other comments she makes. If it all goes well, tell her how you feel.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, now that you guys are getting time alone, I think you should start just hanging out with her like friends do, and maybe try talking about relationship-related things. You seem to already be doing that, but I think you should give it a bit of time. If you start feeling like your friend would be cool with you confessing, then do it. If you feel like she'd be caught off-guard by you confessing, then don't do it.

That's what I'm thinking from my perspective.

I'm pretty convinced he's forgotten we're even in the same class.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast