Official Love Advice Thread - Page 11

View Poll Results: Current relationship status

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm single and I want to be with someone.

8 28.57%
  • I'm with someone online.

5 17.86%
  • I've found someone, but... eh.

1 3.57%
  • I've found a great person but I'm not quite ready yet.

4 14.29%
  • I'm only here for sex.

0 0%
  • Happily married.

0 0%
  • Divorced.

0 0%
  • About to propose.

0 0%
  • Recently broke up with someone.

0 0%
  • Currently engaged.

1 3.57%
  • I'm single and I don't mind at all.

12 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Official Love Advice Thread

Blog Entries
    Follow Daikenki On Twitter Add Daikenki on Google+
    Visit Daikenki's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Official Love Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordRuby View Post
    Hey, guys, let's all be friends here.

Another question: How to cope with being single? Honestly, do you guys have any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I'd say being around friends. This way, you're not lonely. Plus your friends always love and support you, which is always a plus.
    I agree with this. Just because you're single doesn't mean you're alone. If you hang out with friends, most of the time you won't care that you're single.

My friends would rather play video games -_-
    LOL I know how you feel. I went to Korea last summer for vacation and when I came back my friends were like talking about Pokémon. I didn't know about Pokémon that time (my first game was Black, so...) so I was confused. But I just bought Pokémon Black and started to join their little Pokémon thing. If you just go with what your friends like, it'll be fine. But make sure you do what you love to do, also. Tell your friends about your feelings and if they're true friends, they'll understand and do something you'd like to do.

It's fine being single; there's nothing wrong with it. But like Karamazov said, if you just hang around with your friends, you'll be more comfortable than sitting there trying to find a guy you like.
    OverlordRuby likes this.

You got mail :3

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Miju View Post
    Hey, guys, let's all be friends here.

Another question: How to cope with being single? Honestly, do you guys have any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I'd say being around friends. This way, you're not lonely. Plus your friends always love and support you, which is always a plus.
    I agree with this. Just because you're single doesn't mean you're alone. If you hang out with friends, most of the time you won't care that you're single.

My friends would rather play video games -_-
    LOL I know how you feel. I went to Korea last summer for vacation and when I came back my friends were like talking about Pokémon. I didn't know about Pokémon that time (my first game was Black, so...) so I was confused. But I just bought Pokémon Black and started to join their little Pokémon thing. If you just go with what your friends like, it'll be fine. But make sure you do what you love to do, also. Tell your friends about your feelings and if they're true friends, they'll understand and do something you'd like to do.

It's fine being single; there's nothing wrong with it. But like Karamazov said, if you just hang around with your friends, you'll be more comfortable than sitting there trying to find a guy you like.

I think there are moments. Sometimes it's fine being single, sometimes people "think" they need a partner, close to that idea, and that blocks them to enjoy your circle of friends. But sometimes you really feel something is missing, and it can't be helped.

As cliche as it sounds, "the answer is in your heart". But no matter what your heart says, relax and enjoy the moment. When you really feel this lack, friends won't replace it, but hey! neither does staying home thinking about your loneliness.

Anyway, friends aren't the only thing, because you can't take them to your bed (don't count friends with benefits ). Look for a hobby, anything you really love to do (as healthy as possible, not drugs/alcohol abuse). For example, whenever I can't count with friends, I found a nice shelter in music. Also drawing and watching series (although the ones I was watching already ended season xD). I know people who love cooking, I guess that's a two-step pleasure; first cooking itself, and then the meal time. BTW, I love chocolate, sometimes I eat big amounts, but I try not to abuse, because I'm already slighty fat.

Whatever, those are just examples, if nothing of them motivate you go to hell find anything else.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Default Unsure if your feelings are reciprocated?

So, this might just be me over-thinking things, but since my girlfriend had to move away for work, we only see each other once a fortnight. Now I've said to her, and proved, that's shes my number one priority. I stop what I'm doing at work if she texts or calls me, I stay up all night to receive that one text that says she got home from a party safely. But when it comes to the reverse, she takes forever to reply, because she is "playing diner dash", or she forgets to reply. Or she can't be bothered to hold the phone to her ear etc.. It just plays on my mind...

I'm wondering if anyone else has the same? Or any advice?

Blog Entries

I don't have many friends I hang out with at the moment. And I left high school early about a year ago and I haven't made much college friends. Now my high school friends went off to other colleges and I can't get a hold of any of them to hang out. Soon summer will be over and I'll be almost friendless. And of the friends I have not one of them is female except this one girl who is a friend of a friend and is older than me. Everyone is older than me in college and in high school you're stuck there all day so you're pretty much forced to make friends and it was a small school. I couldn't get a girlfriend when I did have friends how am I supposed to get one now? Any tips on making friends in college?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Follow Benster404 On Twitter

Default Advice for a teen lost in love?

Right, so here's a story of my love life in the last year:

So i'm a teenager who left high school and started sixth form. (In case you don't know what sixth from is, it's like the final two years of school, although it's optional and so a lot of people go to new schools for this.) So within a month i fell head-over-heels for this one girl, let's call her Girl A. But within this month she started going out with some other chap, and safe to say i was heartbroken, but i moved on. It was public knowledge by this point that i liked Girl A, so i got plenty of banter from my friends. A couple of months after my initial heartbreak i started developing feelings for another girl, let's call her Girl B. However, these feeling were nothing solid.

Come the new year, Girl A changed her relationship status on Facebook to single. And at this point she started talking to me again. BAM!!! I assumed she was interested. So after about a month i realised she was just being friendly. At the same time rumours were going around that Girl B fancied me. But i didn't want to be with Girl B while i still had feelings for Girl A. About a week after i heard these rumours Girl A, was starting to get with one of my best friends, who was also the first to know that i liked her. So safe to say i was broken again. Also at this point Girl B dismissed the rumours saying they were false. Another two weeks had passed and Girl A was single again, although i was now done trying with her.

So fast forward another 4 months and Girl B was being a bit flirty, and i was falling for her. And Girl A had now left the school. So a week before we split up for summer i told Girl B exactly how i felt...And she, and i quote
    "You're a nice guy, but i just don't feel the same way, i hope things don't become awkward between us, i really want to stay friends"
    Yes i was heart broken again

But i have not given up with her, i will try until i genuinely cannot get her to change her mind, or i've lost interest. Also, Girl A is returning when we return to school, and i have recently fallen for her again

Do any of you have any advice?

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Personally, I think you need to take at least 3 steps back and forget both girls for now. Think about it, what would it really accomplish right now dating either of them? It sounds like there's a lot of unnecessary drama involved in all of this, and that can get messy. You might like Girl A, but would dating her really solve all this? And when Girl B says she isn't interested, that doesn't mean wait for her to be interested, cause chances are that isn't happening. If it does happen, it will, but don't hold your breath. This is one of the reasons people say "Don't look for love; let love find you." if you actively seek it, it just turns into this huge dramatic mess of he likes her, but she likes this other guy, etc. etc.

You can still be friends with the girls though if you like, and that might be for the better. Just calm down, take a breath, and just be yourself. It's important to be honest, and should they come to like the real you, and there's no one else involved with either of you, then maybe you can consider dating them. But right now it just sounds like you want to date them for the novelty of dating your crush. Just because you have a crush on someone doesn't mean you HAVE to date them.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I have some trouble picking two girls irl who I really like to be together with. The first one is a friend I know since middle school, and we always have a nice conversation with each other. The other one is a friend of my brother, but I also befriended because she has similar interests as me (video games). Both are single, but it kinda makes me struggle which of the two is easier to come in contact with because I'm socially awkward. What should I do?

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Decide what traits you'd like in a girl in general, then lay out the girls' traits out on the table (figuratively speaking) and figure out which of the two better fits what you're looking for.

And I am bad!

Add Zell on Facebook

I have a problem, I'm in love right now with a girl that I see everyday and I want to get to know her but thing is I am nervous and
    fear she will reject me, I know about saying to your self that the worst will happen so I won't be upset blah blah.. but this never works for me
    as I am the type that mostly doesn't trust my gut, and shes older like 3-4 years which makes her 24 (does this ruin my chances of dating her?)
    I could talk to her but she's busy and very shy for a girl like her, so what do I do about it?
    ~You near the entrance to the lair of the dire vag. A menacing squelch can be heard from within.
    It's dark here. You're likely to be eaten by a grue.~

My old collection

I Hereby rightfully claim Dhoulmagus and Kefka Such a pity!

Blog Entries
    Follow Daikenki On Twitter Add Daikenki on Google+
    Visit Daikenki's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zell View Post
    I have a problem, I'm in love right now with a girl that I see everyday and I want to get to know her but thing is I am nervous and fear she will reject me, I know about saying to your self that the worst will happen so I won't be upset blah blah.. but this never works for me as I am the type that mostly doesn't trust my gut, and shes older like 3-4 years which makes her 24 (does this ruin my chances of dating her?)
    I could talk to her but she's busy and very shy for a girl like her, so what do I do about it?
    One very important thing for anyone who is afraid/nervous/etc.: Try not to be negative. Be positive. If you're positive and have positive thoughts, chances are, you'll be a better person and you'll have a better life. Now, it's not easy, I know. It's natural for us to be scared, but it's not natural for us to be always scared. Now I'm a Christian and I have all these religious tips but I dunno if I'll make you comfortable...:P BUT just think positive, and I will be praying for you ;) If you don't get her, you weren't positive. If you WERE positive and she still rejected, you, you can PM me or post on this thread.

Ah and as for the age difference, dude, who cares?? The only reason it would ruin your chances is if she's not the type who dates younger guys. But seriously, although most couples have an older guy and a younger girl, it's not weird to have an older girl and a younger guy. Age shouldn't matter ANYWHERE, except if she doesn't like dating younger guys.

She's shy? It's okay, I'm shy too ^_^ so try not to be too over her, just be nice and calm and quiet and just don't make her uncomfortable. And as for her being busy, um...I don't know. Maybe someone else can answer that for you??

I think it'll be best to start as small friends, and take "baby steps" to being her boyfriend. That's all I have to say!! :)

You got mail :3

Add Zell on Facebook

Well it was last week and she and I were nervous around the subject of "hey I like you do you want to hang out sometime? maybe after work?" she did take me as a joke at first when she laughed it off, and of course I felt pretty dumb afterwards like some older guy was watching or something...but I DID have anxiety before when I was about to ask her straight out and it passed which was good, thing is, I do not know what kind of a girl she is and hopefully we can do something we both are into.

She also tells me she was married then had problems and had to separate with her ex, does this hurt in the long run if it gets serious?
    ~You near the entrance to the lair of the dire vag. A menacing squelch can be heard from within.
    It's dark here. You're likely to be eaten by a grue.~

My old collection

I Hereby rightfully claim Dhoulmagus and Kefka Such a pity!

Zodiac Trainer VI PKMN Trainer Virgo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo On Twitter Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Facebook Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Google+ Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on MySpace
    Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Linkedin Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Tumblr Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Flickr Visit PKMN Trainer Virgo's Youtube Channel

Being a shy/quiet guy I tend to keep to myself. I trend I've kinda started to follow is that I would end up falling for my closest female friends, which would end up with a bad result:

#1) Fell for her and and wasn't really my type, but I was me around her; she made me want to stop saying the "L word" cause it didn't mean it the way I meant it towards her. Nt to mention my best friend since grade school starts dating her; I ended up in a depressed state and letting go of all my so called friends, it open my eyes but hurt at the same time.

#2) Yes depression sucks Ponyta balls, but I slowly climbed my way out of that hole; I like to think #2 helped :) A glance at her and I swore she was out of my league. But ironically she spoke to me first....so to avoid mistakes I just stayed friends. But my curiosity just had to know, and I when I did ask, I receive the answer: "I don't think you would want me, you can do better" Not a no......not a yes and yet I was expecting no...but an unclear answer. She was pregnant and with someone. Did I wait to long or even if this wasn't the case, did I really have a chance?

My question in the end: Is it bad to have feelings for those you call friends, especially best friends?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Virgo View Post
    Being a shy/quiet guy I tend to keep to myself. I trend I've kinda started to follow is that I would end up falling for my closest female friends, which would end up with a bad result:

#1) Fell for her and and wasn't really my type, but I was me around her; she made me want to stop saying the "L word" cause it didn't mean it the way I meant it towards her. Nt to mention my best friend since grade school starts dating her; I ended up in a depressed state and letting go of all my so called friends, it open my eyes but hurt at the same time.

#2) Yes depression sucks Ponyta balls, but I slowly climbed my way out of that hole; I like to think #2 helped :) A glance at her and I swore she was out of my league. But ironically she spoke to me first....so to avoid mistakes I just stayed friends. But my curiosity just had to know, and I when I did ask, I receive the answer: "I don't think you would want me, you can do better" Not a no......not a yes and yet I was expecting no...but an unclear answer. She was pregnant and with someone. Did I wait to long or even if this wasn't the case, did I really have a chance?

My question in the end: Is it bad to have feelings for those you call friends, especially best friends?
    Not in my opinion. Being in a relationship shouldn't be much different than being friends, but with a little more. Cause you share a platonic love your friends, getting in a relationship is basically just removing the platonic. All of my relationships budded from a friendship, and the current one is going fantastically well. However, if you tell a friend how you feel, and they reject you, don't pursue them. If they decide to change their mind, maybe, but if it's a definite no, then move on (but keep your friendship of course!). Just because they won't date you doesn't mean they want to not have you around as a friend.

And I am bad!

There is a guy I like in one of my classes. We had a class together before, but didn't talk much then. It seems like he's less shy around other girls (I'm not sure what to think about that.) I want to do something besides trying not to stare this time, but don't know the best way to go about this.

Blog Entries

Maybe say hello? That's usually how people meet. :P It can be hard sometimes, but it's better to try than miss your chance.

And I am bad!

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast