Official Love Advice Thread

View Poll Results: Current relationship status

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm single and I want to be with someone.

9 25.00%
  • I'm with someone online.

6 16.67%
  • I've found someone, but... eh.

1 2.78%
  • I've found a great person but I'm not quite ready yet.

4 11.11%
  • I'm only here for sex.

0 0%
  • Happily married.

0 0%
  • Divorced.

0 0%
  • About to propose.

0 0%
  • Recently broke up with someone.

0 0%
  • Currently engaged.

2 5.56%
  • I'm single and I don't mind at all.

17 47.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Love Advice Thread

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default Official Love Advice Thread

This is where you can ask for advice or offer any advice, when it comes to love and romance.

1. The Romance Subforum rules apply.

2. The General Forum rules still apply as well.

3. No harsh, rude remarks to any of the members.

4. Be considerate of others.

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Official Love Advice Thread

Hey @Octy, can you give me a little help here?

Well, I just found out earlier today on Facebook that apparently, Mia just doesn't like me. Her friend just told me to move on, like Mia has, but I don't want to give up on her.

What should I do?

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior99 View Post
    Hey @Octy, can you give me a little help here?

Well, I just found out earlier today on Facebook that apparently, Mia just doesn't like me. Her friend just told me to move on, like Mia has, but I don't want to give up on her.

What should I do?
    I really do hate to be the bearer or bad news, but if she doesn't like you, then she just doesn't like you. My best advice would be to just move on. I know that's hard, but it's better than trying to keep going after her and to keep getting hurt as a result. I know this from personal experience. You're only 13(or was it 14?), you'll definitely find other girls out there. You just have to keep your head held high and not let this get to you. It does hurt, but there's someone better waiting for you. I promise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Default Advice?

Anyone know good ways to ask people out and/or tell them you have a crush on them?

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Advice?

I wouldn't have a clue. I've got the same problem. And when I finally get the courage to ask a girl out, (happened twice) they would look at me like I'm a cockroach and just walk away. Didn't really boost my self-confidence...
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Run through any Wall Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I don't know if I'll get any advice from this since it seems a little complicated.

Well you see, lately I've been having some trouble dealing with girls, it's not that I can't talk to them it's that I don't know what to talk about when I'm with a girl I like or I find cute I get really nervous and can only think of short topics not just that but even if I do find something that we could talk about I don't know how she'll feel about it and react so I just decide not to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Ah, I know a lot of guys who seem to have that problem. Well, there are many ways you can go about doing this. Deciding not to do it will only leave you with regret in the long run as later you'll mentally beat yourself up for not being brave and talking to the girl or no pursuing a conversation when you started talking to a girl. Believe it or not, there are a lot of girls who have a hard time talking to boys as well. Sometimes, we just wait on the boy to try and talk to us. If you can go up to the girl and talk to her, and act like you're not afraid, girls will definitely take notice. Lots of girls (Not all, but quite a few) love a guy with confidence. Of course, don't come off as a cocky, arrogant jerk or anything. But I think all you guys need is a confidence boost, and when that comes along, expect your love life to get much better as well.

Normally, I would suggest flirting around with girls to get more confident in your love skills, but sadly, most of the time, that makes the guy seem like a player, a womanizer, a douchebag, etc. So, maybe that's not a good way to go about this. I would suggest start off by talking to girls you are comfortable around, and work your way from there. Start off by making small conversation with these girls, then, slowly but surely start making your way up to talking to girls you're interested in. Don't be ashamed of who you are, because if a girl really, truly, genuinely likes you, then she should be able to accept you no matter what. While it is important(to an extent) to be careful when it comes to how a girl feels, don't make it the reason you're not pursuing your love interests. While you're trying to work on your communication skills and build self-confidence, here are a few little tricks that might help.

♥ Smile! If you're smiling a lot, then girls will take notice to that. Usually, if a guy is smiling and enjoying life, then girls will be drawn by that(though not always the case. Each girl is different after all).

♥ Just go with the flow, and don't worry so much about what she thinks. If you're both talking and having a good time, then just keep talking with her. Don't sweat the small stuff. It will come to you in time.

♥ If you feel like you're having a hard time talking to her about things, then maybe you should make a list of all the things you can talk about.
    Examples:
    School
    Food (Maybe talk about a restaurant, favorite foods, least favorite foods, etc.)
    TV Shows, Movies
    Books
    Animals/pets(if the girl likes animals)
    Classwork, teachers, homework, etc. (If you are in the same class with a girl)

Just mix it up a little. It doesn't have to be exactly like the list I made. Just experiment some and see what works for you. I think once you get a good conversation going, and you talk more with girls, it will become a piece of cake. Because personality is one of the main things a girl looks for in a guy. Trust me on that one. A great smile and a warm personality go a long way. ^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Actually there's another question I had. Flirting I mean I've never been good with flirting and it's basically cause I don't know what could be considered flirting to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Durbe On Twitter Add Durbe on Facebook

So, there's a girl I like and she asks me about my life and stuff. I'm not sure how she feels or anything. Or even some of the things she's into and I want to know. So any advice is greatly appreciated.
    FC: 2723-9571-7949 IGN: Toshiro

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Advice?

I have no idea either, to be honest... What I've done before was talk to them, just be friends... Kindof just get close to them. With the trend in our school, that person would probably notice it. 'Coz, it always seems that we ask each other as to who we have a crush on. Even if we're not interested in one another, it just sortof comes to us. One way or another, he finds out, at least in my case.

But if you're talking how to do it without him asking... I have no clue... Slowly give him hints, I guess?
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

MOD NOTE : Since we have this thread for asking for and giving advice, please post here for those. Thanks!

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Seeing as people forgot my question... how do you ask someone out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Well I think that before you can ask someone out you have to make a sort of connection first, et to meet them and learn about them and what they are like and try to find something that still keeps you going for them, it's longer and harder true but I always thought it was easier than just asking someone you don't know at all out from the get go and find out a lot of things you wouldn't want to later on.

That or just go to the person you like and ask him do it nicely and with a smile though :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would just like to share something.
    I have known this special girl for four years now, wow time flies! Anyways, we were always friends, nothing super special, as in we never hung outside out of classes or anything. More or less since my sophomore year of high school (met her in eighth grade, and am currently a senior) I've had feelings I never had for anyone else in my life. Sure I had my crushes and all of that in the past but these feelings are different. Very recently we hung out outside of school, I drove her home etc. and she wants to hang out again soon so I was ecstatic when she told me this but I am having trouble figuring out if she actually has these same feelings towards me, that I have towards her. It seems like she does but I can't be certain. And the thing is I don't want to do anything wrong, because she's an angel and I don't want to mess anything up. If anyone thinks that they can help out, feel free to PM/VM me.

Basically, if you didn't feel like reading the above post there is a girl, she's amazing, but I don't want to screw anything up!

Retired RNGer. May pick up again in the future.
    What

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast