Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: On LGBQ Issues

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Default Re: On LGBQ Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Well, I was mainly talking about Ivy's account of her ace friend, sometimes considering that sex might be alright, other times thinking it's just plain icky. That happens to me, too.

I dunno, the fact that you specifically replied to my comment made me confused. :I
    I should've been clearer, sorry. :P

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for everyone it's very dynamic, regardless of if it's asexuality, bisexuality, homo/heterosexuality. Anything. Although I think labels sometimes help others in identifying people they can relate to, I think they sometimes cause confusion even when trying to understand/put across sexuality with yourself and those around you. I honestly felt a bit odd for it but I have days leaning towards quite a few different opinions of sex with either gender/lack thereof it, so it's a relief to see others who vary from their own original thoughts too. ^^"

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I often find myself confused over what my actual sexuality is. I'm a male, and I know for sure that I like men, but I'm not sure if I feel the same towards women. Like others have brought up, sometimes, I'll have days where I feel attracted to women and men. On another day, I'll strictly have an attraction to men. I don't think I would ever actually be in a relationship with a woman, but I'd date a man.

A few months before my freshman year of college ended, I told one of my really close friends that I was bisexual (not really sure if I should've waited until I was absolutely sure if I was bi or gay, but whatever), and she took it well. I asked her if she always knew, and she said she was never really sure. I was always pretty low-key and kept to myself during high school (which is when we actually started becoming good friends, although we've known each other since eighth grade), and I didn't talk to many people. Very few people got to know me well, which might be why nobody suspected my sexuality. I've told some other friends, and a few of them took it well. I remember telling one of my old best friends that I thought I was bi-curious, and he kind of just shrugged it off. I don't think he's homophobic, but we haven't talked at all since then, and that was over a year ago. I was also attracted to this friend (and have been since middle school; we became friends in the third grade), but I didn't tell him that part. I think a part of me was hoping that he was gay or bi as well, although I don't think I'll ever know now. It sucks, but I've moved on from it now.

Being the way I am can be really tough at times, but I also very much enjoy being the way I am. I'm going to be a sophomore this year, and I'm pretty excited for this year. My school has a LGBTQ Club, and I was thinking about joining last year, but I kept forgetting when the meetings were, lol. I'll try to get into it this coming year.

Coming from a somewhat strict conservative, Catholic family and going to a Catholic school my whole life, with mostly friends from Christian conservative families in the Bible Belt (that was a lot), I always felt being gay was wrong. I was one of those people who was like "Well, it doesnt affect me, but they better not hit on me!!!" When going through my more mature phase of life where I began to question my faith, political standpoints, and one-mindedness, I found that it really wasnt a big deal. And that with that mindset, no gay guys would even like me, so I never had anything to worry about. I learned that gay men (or women) often have better relationships than straight people, and are just as loving if not more. I think because they must try harder to marry, they find marriage more special and sacred. I have begun to become extremely angry at the way people who are "different" are treated, and Im trying to stand up for them. I dunno, I feel America is a superpower country with 3rd world mindsets.

But anyways, just felt like I could state something. Sorry if it is not well written or is interrupting a conversation, just thought my viewpoint would be enjoyed here.
    Black Friend Code: 2623 6433 2468

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

@Callisto; I know your post is way old here, but one thing is that some people theorize that sexual and romantic attraction are different, so while it sounds like you are homoromantic (only interested in relationships with the same sex) you could also possibly be bisexual, sexually attracted to both sexes. That doesn't really matter except for identity purposes if you're not interested in sex outside of relationships, but it could help you clarify your feelings.
    Chronos likes this.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by KarkatVantas View Post
    @Jo The Marten; i love your school for that ;; i wish mine was like that, but like Shining Armor's, i live in the south in an extremely racist, sexist, homophobic, christian town. seriously, you can't go one mile without running into a church. it's insane.
    Same. I don't go to school anymore, but all the ones I was at never had a GSA or anything. Therefore for most of my life I was
    Quote Originally Posted by KarkatVantas View Post
    secluded, alone, and having a huge lack of support from your social community
    I think I'm a little better now. I only stopped hating myself over it 2 years ago, now I'm just not that comfortable/confident. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    some people theorize that sexual and romantic attraction are different, so while it sounds like you are homoromantic (only interested in relationships with the same sex) you could also possibly be bisexual, sexually attracted to both sexes.
    This is how I am. But I consider the 'romantic orientation' to be "more important" so if I HAD to I'd probably just say "gay" to keep it simple. (even though I'd rather not, I'm usually never attracted to or like anyone at all.)

This thread is really old, but I'm new here and I'm bisexual and proud.

I like women and men. Although I only have romantic attractions with women. My attraction to men is just sexual. All I had to say. :D

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Bi/pansexual, with a bit more of a preference for women than men.

My mom usually isn't all that phased by gay issues despite coming from a pretty homophobic family, but she still denies that I'm anything but straight-partly because I deliberately hid my sexuality for a long time, and partly because I present in a really traditionally feminine way. (She's still buying into the stereotypes that lesbian/bisexual women all act and look a certain way)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123