Leading Someone On/Being Lead On

Thread: Leading Someone On/Being Lead On

Default Leading Someone On/Being Lead On

Have you ever felt like you've been lead on by someone? Or have you ever been told that you've been leading someone on?

What exactly constitutes as being lead on? Is it fair to even blame someone for "leading them on" once they realize that person only thought of them as friend? What if the person who supposedly was leading someone on was just being, you know, a really good friend and considered the person supposedly being lead on as a really good friend, and just happened to be very kind and loving?

Dr. Heart Stealer Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Default Re: Leading Someone On/Being Lead On

I'm too oblivious and introverted to notice/acknowledge someone trying to lead me on. I don't think I've ever led anyone on. I make sure my friends know they're just that, my friends. I'm not shy about hugging or cuddling, regardless of the sex or gender, and my friends know that so they know it's just because I'm comfortable and it means nothing romantic.

I think if you make your feelings unclear, it can get confusing, and perhaps they are to blame to a degree. People respond differently, so some people might take simple friendliness as flirting, or vice versa. The best thing to do is simply to clear it up and move on. The blame game is never fun.

Welcome to Trafalgar’s "Room"
    Shall I steal what’s most precious to you?

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

No I don't think i've every knowing lead someone. I've never been told that i've lead some on ,but I have certainly told someone else, who's just a bit oblivious, that they're leading someone else. To me leading someone on is like giving a green light to someone and saying that you're interested romantically. When the person "leading on" is not purposefully doing it there is really nobody to blame. If you purposefully lead someone on than that just them a douchebag. In response to your final question, that would put you in the first category of "oblivious". I'm not trying to criticise anyone because at times I can be equally blind. I guess its just something you pick up on as you grow older.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm thought I was destined to have a long term relationship with this one chick terms out she's just a giant flirt. It sucks and I feel completely justified in being angry at her just not to face but I'm past it
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

It happened to me recently, and it's the worst feeling in the world. It sucks because it was two people I cared for deeply who did it. But alas, that's life.

Honestly, I don't think I could lead someone on. I wouldn't feel right doing it.

Blog Entries
    Add Pokemoll on Facebook

I've been lead on countless times before, always with people who I really felt close to. Turns out they were just massive flirts who's singular intention was getting me to believe they had feelings for me. It's a horrible feeling.

Then again, apparently I've also unintentionally lead people on in the past, which makes me feel extremely guilty considering I know how it hurts. :<