SUPPORT: I think my brain is forcing itself to be asexual

Thread: I think my brain is forcing itself to be asexual

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Default I think my brain is forcing itself to be asexual

Just to start, since that title might be misleading: Asexuality is fine. I am in full support of people being straight/gay/bi/asexual/pansexual/whatever. HOWEVER, I do not think that someone should ever be forced to be a different sexuality than what comes naturally to them, whether that comes from other people or themselves, consciously or unconsciously. I think that's what's happening to me. I'm straight, that's how I've always identified. I semi-recently confessed feelings for someone who didn't reciprocate, and since then I haven't felt attracted to anyone, even slightly. (It's been a relatively long time since this happened.) The thing is, I don't think I'm actually becoming asexual. I think the part of my brain that deals with this kind of thing is closing itself off so that I no longer have to experience the bad, nervous, what-do-I-say, what-do-I-do, what-if-this-and-that part of liking someone, and I don't really like that. I still want to be able to feel attraction and be in a relationship with someone and kiss them and stuff, but something inside me doesn't seem to be on the same page. Is this a thing that might actually be happening, or am I just overthinking? If this is real, should I be worried? What can I do to change it?

EDIT: I just realized this is probably the wrong place for this, but I won't delete it/move it yet in case everything's okay.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Dr. Heart Stealer Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board
    In a yellow submarine
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Default Re: I think my brain is forcing itself to be asexual

Could be you're just demisexual and you need to have a romantic connection with someone first before you feel anything sexual.

Default Re: I think my brain is forcing itself to be asexual

So to summarize, You had a crush, you confessed your feelings, they did not reciprocate, so you gave up on sexual relationships?

First impressions, this is just a phase and you'll eventually get out of it as soon as you find someone else. Stop thinking about the person who shot you down and start talking or going out and interacting with other girls. You'll be fine, in my opinion you're way over thinking this. Every guy has been turned down, you've just got to remember that there's plenty of fish in the sea and if it's not meant to be it's not meant to be.

Also the nervousness is natural, it's going to be there forever, unless of course you wake up tomorrow as a Billionaire that looks like Chris Hemsworth. My advice on that is, learn to like it. I know that sounds weird, impossible maybe even a little stupid but trust me. Acknowledge that it's a feeling you don't get everyday and let it make you smile. Girls love a guy who smiles.