SUPPORT: I feel..like I don't belong here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mintaka
  • 2 Post By Shiny Celebi

Thread: I feel..like I don't belong here.

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

Default I feel..like I don't belong here.

The title should give you a good picture I suppose. I've been on this site quite a good while,and yet..I feel so out of place, like I shouldn't be here. I guess it could just be me going paranoid due to depression,but I cant seem to find a part of this forum where I DO fit in,and feel at home :/ Despite this being a pokemon forum..the one game ive played since childhood.

The bugs the living hell outta me that I feel such a way I just..finally had some courage to type out my feelings. I just...wish I had some people or..friends to talk to while im logged on here,but I fail at that as well. *sigh* I'll quit rambling..

"Persona!"

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Default Re: I feel..like I don't belong here.

@Minato Arisato;
    There are lots of subforums here and each has lots of threads. Have you found a subforum to your liking yet? How about posting in those discussion threads and suggesting an idea? It's easier to get to know users if they share the same ideas with you.

Or another idea is, you could try something that you haven't - as in, if you haven't watched Pokemon anime yet, how about it? You wouldn't have to watch from the very beginning - there are many discussions going on about current Anime so you can find news even without watching the episodes. If you find it that you might like watching it yourself, then you can try it.

Also there are lots of easygoing threads that aren't necessarily about discussing, such as Roleplaying Games, Fun and Games, Entertainment, as well as this very section (OtB). Anime also has a subforum for their own games as well as their own chat thread. If you're seeking a place just to chill out and chat, most of other subforums have their own chat threads too, where you can simply chat with users. If you're curious about what a certain subforum is about and want to ask the regulars, you can easily seek help there, and many will be happy to respond.
    Yato likes this.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Ive been in this situation, where I felt alone and unsure what to do here. Im going to second the suggestions to visit more laid back places like Fun and Games and Outside the Box, they are a little more relaxed than some other forums and can really help. I might also suggest the Garden Grotto: a forum I started visiting when I wasnt sure what to do either. I found I enjoyed greeting new users a lot and helping them with things, so that's another place you could check out as well. You could also browse around sections you may not have visited before and seeing what catches your eye, that could also work.

For easy threads to start with Id suggest Random Messages 9 and the Conversational Chat Thread. RM is for more random stuff,and is a little more lax than the Conversational Chat, where conversations usually follow a topic, in RM, you can post something more random, a lot of people enjoy the thread for this reason. The Chat thread however usually has a set topic, but you may introduce a new one if you wish, or join in the conversation that is currently going on, it's pretty laid back as well. Just a suggestion but it may help you find a place where you feel comfortable. Also as Min said, most sections have their own chat thread where you can meet some section regulars. They'd be happy to have another person to chat with :)

I hope this advice helps you. I did some of these things and I feel very comfortable here again.
    Mintaka and Niji like this.

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

Thanks, I'll be sure to take both of.your advice into consideration.

"Persona!"

You could also try other pokémon forums.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When i first joined, i looked around in the areas that i had an intrest in and saw what threads interested me. there is something for everyone like how i do spend most of my time in the anime and fun and game subforums.

Blog Entries

I felt this way at one time too. I sort of jumped around between forums, from the Pokemon ones to Fun and Games and others too. I posted in Random Messages for quite a while just so I'd have something to do every day, and every once in a while, I'd try posting in a different part of the forums. After a while, I discovered The War Room and learned to play mafia. It wasn't the easiest thing, but I felt like I had found my niche. Balancing your time between the subforums about things you know you like (whatever part of Pokemon you like) and something new may help.

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just...wish I had some people or..friends to talk to while im logged on here,but I fail at that as well. *sigh* I'll quit rambling..
    Then if it's friends you want I am always looking for them and should you need it I will always be here to talk with

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlastoise27 View Post
    I just...wish I had some people or..friends to talk to while im logged on here,but I fail at that as well. *sigh* I'll quit rambling..
    Then if it's friends you want I am always looking for them and should you need it I will always be here to talk with
    Just gonna mention @Minato Arisato; so he sees this.
    maglev is invisible

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Try Roleplaying or The War Room. They're fun, and the people are nice too.

/shamelessplugformyfavoritesections
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!