How would somebody cope with being single forever?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: How would somebody cope with being single forever?

Ambitious Creator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Steelrush On Twitter Add Steelrush on Facebook Add Steelrush on MySpace
    Add Steelrush on Linkedin Follow Steelrush on Tumblr Follow Steelrush on Flickr Visit Steelrush's Youtube Channel

Default How would somebody cope with being single forever?

Hypothetical scenario:

In the event that a guy would never find a lover, how would he be able to still live a long, happy life?

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

Default Re: How would somebody cope with being single forever?

By doing just that: Living to his fullest and finding hs own happiness.

Ambitious Creator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Steelrush On Twitter Add Steelrush on Facebook Add Steelrush on MySpace
    Add Steelrush on Linkedin Follow Steelrush on Tumblr Follow Steelrush on Flickr Visit Steelrush's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonGoon View Post
    By doing just that: Living to his fullest and finding hs own happiness.
    Ah, if only it were that easy...

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been that way for years though did experience a few tastes of love during my school years

"a guy would never find a lover"
    The problem with that statement... is how would any guy know that he would never find a lover? Even if he wouldn't ever find a lover, I'm sure he'd spend his life going out with various girls (or boys if he's gay) until he dies and he would never even have to face that problem. Unless he just gives up, but in that case he'd "never find a lover" even if he would have.

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Well, if I were a guy and I knew I'd be single forever, I'd sort of freak out. Then I would get busy doing something else that was productive. Having something to do makes me feel better when I remember that everyone in my circle is in a relationship...

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrush View Post
    Hypothetical scenario:

In the event that a guy would never find a lover, how would he be able to still live a long, happy life?
    Some people can do it, some people not. Some people can bear it and be rather happy but with a feeling of "incompleteness". Me? I simply wouldn't.

But I've seen some post of yours, and you look pretty much hopeless. I saw your profile and your age. You know when I lost my virginity? At 24. You know when I got my first kiss? At 24, a couple of months before. I didn't pay for a hooker, it just happened unexpectedly, with a totally unexpected woman. The relationship lasted just two months, but it was enough to open wide the doors for me. That's how I recovered my hope. The lesson I want to give: It's never too late. Never.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

El_
    Blog Entries

I kinda feel like relationships are hopeless for me right now, it just doesn't work for me I guess. If I had to, I guess that I would (will) go without someone forever. I guess I can cope as long as I stay withdrawn within myself.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

In all honesty, I would not be surprised if I did live all of my life without ever being in a relationship. Saying that though, I'm not giving up for a long time xD

Personally, if I was to get to the stage where I knew I had no chance of love and if I wasn't too old, I would probably look into adopting a child. Sure, a single man would probably be rejected, but I'd still at least look into it.

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

I actually don't see the fuss. I'm seventeen, and I've never had a relationship. While I know that's not that unusual, I can honestly see that state of affairs going on for many years yet, and the killer? I ain't even mad. I don't need a girlfriend, and I'm certainly not actively out to seek one. If it happens, it happens and I'll take it as it comes. It might be my thing, it might not. But as it is, I can see myself living perfectly fine without any kind of relationship like that. So to answer the question, it wouldn't be that hard, I think. My opinion might be slightly skewed because I'm really not the kind of guy who requires any significant level of human contact to remain sane and happy, but I really don't think it would be an issue. Relationships are just one aspect of a complete life, and they're not always a happy one.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are things in life other than relationships, you know.

For example, I've always wanted to drive an ice cream truck. I've never driven an ice cream truck, but maybe someday I will. And when I put my hands on that steering wheel and crank up "It's a Small World" and drive that ice cream truck around the block, I'll be smiling the whole time.

I've never been interested in relationships, really. They're secondary to my main goals in life, such as becoming a famous entertainer in many different medias, or driving an ice cream truck. Being in a relationship would be neat, I guess, but you know what I really want to do?

Drive an ice cream truck.
    妖精ちゃん likes this.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

To be honest, my past relationship doesn't even matter to me.

All I want now is to live a man's life the best that I can, and if I die after a good hardworking life, I will die happy.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I think I read a study once talking about how you are actually physically and mentally less healthy when you are single... Then again, that's not exactly a rule.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I personally could never be properly happy, I don't think. I say this because although I believe true happiness comes only from yourself, when you learn to be happy regardless of circumstances around you, a serious and lasting relationship (and then children) is pretty much my life goal. I don't know why, I don't know if it's healthy, but I know that I've only ever been content and carefree and at my very best as a person when I've been in a serious relationship. In that time, nothing else mattered so much because I had something more important and substantial and above all of life's worries. If you asked me what I could never accept in life/die happy with, it would be being romantically alone. Maybe that will change one day, because I still insist that for others happiness really does come from within yourself and once you've learnt how to be happy with what you have (some may call it settling, but whatever) I don't think a relationship, a good job, even a family, possibly, are necessary. True happiness is unconditional and not dependent on anything.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Follow xoddf2 On Twitter
    Visit xoddf2's Youtube Channel

Q: How would somebody cope with being single forever?
    A: The same way one would cope with winning the lottery... :-P

More seriously, those of you who are worried about it should not be worried about it. In fact, I have chosen it.

/me ducks
    xoddf2 | http://wlair.us.to/ | PGP: 20EB90D3

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast