How do I restart a friendship?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jo The Marten

Thread: How do I restart a friendship?

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Default How do I restart a friendship?

So I asked a girl out, she said no, you know the drill. I'm fine with it, I like to think I've moved on and I can be friends with her again. But the problem is I still can't seem to make eye contact with her or talk to her more than just saying hi in the hallway. I miss being able to talk to her. What should I do?
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

Default Re: How do I restart a friendship?

Stretch out the times the two of you talk, and interact with other people until the feelings diminish. Even if you're okay with it, your body seems to have a chemical reaction to rejection. But if you spend less time with her and more time with other people, it will ease the tension, and eventually go away making it so you can interact with her without even thinking about rejection, or the awkwardness. I've had crushes on a few friends, and most of them knew, or felt the same way at one time or another, but we've all moved on, and we're still good friends.
    Italy-kun likes this.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Mörë kvlt thän thöv Kane Dunestorm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kane Dunestorm On Twitter Add Kane Dunestorm on Facebook Add Kane Dunestorm on Google+
    Add Kane Dunestorm on Linkedin Follow Kane Dunestorm on Tumblr Follow Kane Dunestorm on Flickr Visit Kane Dunestorm's Youtube Channel

Default Re: How do I restart a friendship?

Definitely try and spend less time with her to help ease things out, but don't do it without letting her know why. She'll likely appreciate the heads up and it'll be likely to make things a little less awkward.

YouTube | Tumblr | Dunestorm.com
    I play Pokémon Y! My Friend Code is: 4983-5814-6366