Friend Zone. - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Friend Zone.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Friend Zone.

I GAVE the friend zone to two people before when they confessed... and then I was put in the friend zone a few years later.

... it kinda hurt.

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

I'm in one too.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

I guess I sorta put one girl in it this year, but she moved to another boy to schuck over, so I guess it's all good.

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

I was never put in the friendzone, because there was no opportunity for friendzoning. *Sigh*... I hate being the shy one.

One day a friend of mine was trolling me. He - literally - said: The shyness is strong in this one.
    Of course everyone laughed except for me...
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonGoon View Post
    I guess I sorta put one girl in it this year, but she moved to another boy to schuck over, so I guess it's all good.
    Ah yes, good 'ol roasted apple face. What an uggo.

And BTW I'm the warlord-king of the friend zone. I dominate it.

Then I had a friend who seemed to think that the only way to get a grl to like him was to be in the friendzone first and begged me to teach him how to get zoned. #idiot

Potato
    Add Nicoloki on Facebook
    Follow Nicoloki on Tumblr

I confess: I do put guys in the friendzone. But it's for their safety. I know it wouldn't work out. Nope, not with me. So as much as I can, I try to draw a line between my guy friends and I, and pray none of us will cross it. Mind you, I do this for their safety, and mine.

Blog Entries

I've put one girl in the friend zone as far as I'm aware. I don't think I've ever been specifically friend zoned, but it's heading there with some people. I get the impression they don't see me as much more than a friend.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The most recent was this lovely girl who I went to college with. I had a huge crush on her, but I never got to act on it. I remember one time we were walking together and she asked me how her hair was and I replied it was lovely. What i should have done was brushed her hair with my hand, I know that's what she wanted. Maybe then she thought I wasn't interested in her.

Oh well.
    seconds to forever

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled Mocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnittingno. View Post
    Any preferred strategies?
    None. Its unstoppable, unless they somehow change their mind.

1. Hang out with them and become really good friends, but try to flirt all the while but this is not foolproof and don't flirt so much where you look like a whore.
    2.Wait.
    That "change their mind" crap doesn't exist. In most cases, when it's no, it will be no forever.

As long as you keep hope, you'll be stuck to this person, and your brains and heart will keep locked to her/him, depriving you to meet someone else who could be even better.
    The best thing to do is talk about your feelings soon and and end your uncertainty about the other person's feelings. The more you delay the "time to talk", the more awkward and sick gets the relationship.
    Gaga likes this.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

I choose.... WarGreyMon Professor Jacel's Avatar

I really do not think I have ever Friend Zone'd anybody but I have been friend zoned before. It was not so bad after a while I just realized that it was better that we were best friends. You can get out of it though if they come around or change there mind or you possibly pull of the most greatest I like you speech in the world which wins them over.

Blog Entries

I've been there before. It's inevitable for me. I wasn't interested in chasing though, so I'm fine with it.

I've also had to friend zone before. It was awkward and difficult because I'm just bad at rejecting people.

Blog Entries

I was in the friend zone with my ex. We were really good friends, but she actually felt the same way I did about her (which I had no idea of) so we dated for a while. The sad thing is that now that we broke up, we barely talk. Right now I think I'm in the friend zone with my best friend of 8 years. When we were little, we were crushing on each other at the same time, and I know for a fact 2 years ago she still was. Now, I'm not so sure.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Follow Go-to Icon On Twitter

Friend Zone?

I fucking live there, dude. I think every girl I've liked has done this to me.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

I don't think so... Although I'm pretty oblivious sometimes, so who knows.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    That "change their mind" crap doesn't exist. In most cases, when it's no, it will be no forever.

As long as you keep hope, you'll be stuck to this person, and your brains and heart will keep locked to her/him, depriving you to meet someone else who could be even better.
    The best thing to do is talk about your feelings soon and and end your uncertainty about the other person's feelings. The more you delay the "time to talk", the more awkward and sick gets the relationship.
    Actually, people can change their mind over time about a person, but you're right that hoping against hope when you've gotten a clear "no" is dumb, and it's better to be direct about your feelings as soon as possible so you're not pining away after someone who is not interested when you could be finding other people who are interested.

It's kind of manipulative as well, which is why I've noticed that on some of the websites I go on there's a stigma attached to people complaining about being in the "friend zone." For one, no one should feel guilty about "putting someone in the friend zone"; you're allowed to like who you like, and you're not obliged to date somebody just because they're nice or a friend to you. A true friend doesn't just act like a friend to get something out of it, and will appreciate your friendship even if you don't return their romantic feelings. And will RESPECT your feelings and not try to change them, or act like you're a shitty friend for not being interested in them romantically. If they're like that, they were never much of a friend to begin with and you would never have been happy in a relationship with them. Anyone who thinks they're entitled to someone else's affection is either immature or an asshole.

Anyway, I've been "friend zoned" before. I don't think I've ever "friend zoned" anyone, though I did have a guy who acted like I did once because he was awkward and thought we were much closer than we were. He was a coworker who I had reached out to because he was new, and he mistook that as meaning we were BFFs and destined to be soulmates. Irritating.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 4th August 2012 at 02:43 AM.
    Green Zubat likes this.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast