SUPPORT: Fighting a battle with depression and losing....horribly

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jack Pschitt
  • 1 Post By Cariad
  • 1 Post By CrackFox

Thread: Fighting a battle with depression and losing....horribly

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

Default Fighting a battle with depression and losing....horribly

It's not that easy to tell since one can simply mask they're true feelings while on the internet,but I've been dealing with a great amount of depression that just...fucking appeared out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago. I've dealt with it well until recently, used to..talk it out with someone I met on Skype who said they "cared" but as of late said person doesn't even wish to bat an eye or even speak to me. Hence where the cookie came to a complete crumble.

Im a mess and most likely at my lowest right now, have been very intolerant of other's because of this,and have been trying to get over this depression by role-playing etc..to no avail. It's come to the point where I can't even stand to just..chat with ppl irl, I think I might be going paranoid >_<

That aside, I just felt I should say this,and before im spammed with ways of getting over it, believe you me when I say..I've tried a good bit of them. Alcohol did the exact opposite of helping. That's for sure.

*walks away slowly*

"Persona!"

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fighting a battle with depression and losing....horribly

I know how you feel. I'm always paranoid that people are avoiding me, and I only say so because I'm certain at least two people are avoiding me and possibly more, but people just interpret it as the depression talking.

What I think you should is forget about the people who avoid you. If they don't want to help you, then fuck them. Learning to not rely on other people is important, but do keep an open mind if someone offers to help. Remain skeptical, but don't completely disregard it.

Well, this is what happens when a morbidly depressed person tries to help another morbidly depressed person: you get a bunch of stuff that isn't positive thinking or "staying strong", but this is what I say as one take on it.
    Niji likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

I was like this once, before my friends and family helped cheer me up and show me that life really wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I was so paranoid that everyone hated me and that I would never be needed that I almost lost the fight completely, but I'm thankful to say I didn't.

I know you probably don't want to hear the typical "stay strong" speech, but it's really the only thing I can think of to say. Even though I know depression masks any good feelings that could help you, there are a few things you can try and do to eradicate it. As Jack said, the people who avoid you or dislike you obviously aren't worth your time. Their unwillingness to help will just get you down more, it's best to move on from them and find people who care about you and love you, like family or close friends. Never give up hope that there won't be a single person to help you, of course, only ignore the ones who give you pain or make you feel even worse than you did to start off with.

If the depression gets any worse, I'd recommend seeing a doctor about it. I know at first it can seem out of the question to visit someone and talk about something as personal as depression, but you could find the cure to it just by conversing with someone who knows a lot about the subject. Psychiatrists and other doctors are much more helpful than trying to deal with everything by yourself, that's for sure. As well as visiting doctors, try and hide the depression from yourself as much as you can. I know that sounds odd, but it could work. Spend time doing things you love, distract yourself from the feeling and try and provoke as muc happiness as possible. Go out with a friend, hug a pet, anything that makes you feel remotely better.

If you're paranoid about talking to people in real life, give some people here a try. There are many people here who I'm sure are going through exactly the same deal as you are, and might be able to aid you in beating the depression and finding hope. If you ever need to talk to anyone about it, I'm here, and I'm sure many other members of the forum are too. Just remember; you're never alone. Someone will always be willing to help, even if it seems unlikely.

Sorry if this didn't help at all. Stay strong. c:
    Niji likes this.

Blog Entries

I was visiting my GP a few weeks ago and he asked how I was feeling. He's kind of a family friend so he's very familiar with me and my family. He said I looked pale and kind of listless, I told him I was fine and probably just tired. I don't think he believed me. He told me that for every 4 patients her sees daily, 1 of those is coming to visit him about their struggle with depression. It's seriously very common and while you have it you don't think it will ever go away. It does and if you feel like you are struggling to cope, ask for some medication from your doctor.
    Niji likes this.